Author Topic: It's almost been 3 years..  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
It's almost been 3 years..
« on: May 16, 2014, 03:37:35 am »
hey guys! it's been almost three years since i first joined the game, and wow i feel uncomfortable just saying that! i had joined back in 2011, around august or september with the  username of cara867 (i joined the game not the forum; i never used it in 'the early days').

on my first day out, i learned a LOT on my own. i'm proud of myself, because i made so many friends back then and i just.. love all of them, even though we never talk anymore.

i made mistakes and such, like befriending the wrong people, (one of which just canceled a preset commission because i didn't do one thing right.. ugh), but i am seriously surprised at how much i've changed since i joined..

how about you guys? o:

this goes here.. right?

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

wolfdog01

Re: It's almost been 3 years..
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 03:44:00 am »
Oh yeah, major changes right here lol
When I first saw FH I knew it was amazing, I experimented with things that my other friend, who I had showed it to and gotten it before me, had never tried! Like I looked up how to fly, found out what equip meant.
And the RPing was so derpy XP I typed in like one sentence with the "-" at the front and ends of them it was awful. Now I'm much more experienced.
I made loads of friends, left for a while, came back, most were gone ;-; but I caught with the ones that had stayed and now I'm friends with them again!
As for the forums, well I started using the forums about two years ago, around a year after I had the game.

Dang, I have come a long way...wonder how other people will be... O.o...

Good topic! ^^ really makes you think to way back then!

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 06:42:40 am »
I think have been here since early 2012.
It's a bit sad thinking of my newb days actually.
No one wanted to help me so I kinda had to work out how to use the game myself. I got there in the end (I think).
I made a few friends a few days later and they were all derpy newbs like me xD
The first users I recall being my friends are pridewolf, katerfi, world art and Dve74.

I actually can't believe I remember that... -applauds self-
AND. I still have my first character :D

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:57 am »
I remember way back when I first joined the FeralHeart community. Lookin' back, that seemed like a lifetime ago compared to how far I've come and how much I've learned. I'm rather pleased with myself.

I joined the FeralHeart community May 15, 2011 on a different account (I was only active in-game at the time. I never bothered to be a part of the forums). My first friends were the users: Skywave, SilverShadowWolf, and Tiger Tooth. Even today, I'm still well in contact with Tig and Sky. I remember when Skywave was kind enough to show me around the game and all the public maps. I even remember when I got lost in Fluorite Plains and started to panic thinkin' I'd never find my way out.
At the time, I didn't know about the Staff team either. I knew there were Admins and Moderators, though I didn't know who exactly they were. I found out later in the summer of 2012. When it came to role-play, I was that little newb who role-played one liners with action marks (even power-played from time to time believe it or not). This too has changed in the summer of 2012 as I met many floofs who aided me and I learned quite a lot from them. If it wasn't for them, I might not have gotten this far. They've informed me about items, mass markings, private maps, the authority of FeralHeart, the FeralHeart forums, role-play, etc. Needless to say, it was an interestin' summer.

Long story made short, I was yer classic newcomer who knew little to nothin' other than FeralHeart was a virtual 3D MMORPG game that allowed one to run around as any canine or feline breed. Then when summer of 2012 rolled around, I learned quite a lot in such a short time that further pipped my interest towards the game and its community. Then, in the summer of 2013, I decided to get involved with the forums.

Hard to believe it's already been nearly 3 years since I was first introduced to FeralHeart. Kinda amazin', really. I'm curious as to how other's were when they first joined and their memorable experiences.
gone

Offline AeropostaleWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 04:03:32 am »
The day I joined FeralHeart was in June 7th of 2013. I was fortunate enough to have loyal friends by my side when I first joined (they were from WolfQuest and we all went to meet each other in South Pole to help each other out). I have seen myself change a lot over the 11 months I've been playing the game. Some changes are sleeping habits, personality, and many, many inside jokes with the people I have met. Long story short, I do not regret playing the game and it has defiantly changed my life (in a good way) forever.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 05:29:59 am »
I joined Feralheart on the 18th of May, 2011. I stopped playing after an hour or so considering the arrow keys only moved the camera, I thought the only way to move was by clicking the mouse xD I returned maybe a week later to try playing the game again and started using the W, A, S, D keys which I found a lot easier.

Feralheart was so new to me and at that time everything about the game had me entertained. I loved exploring and creating characters. When I joined my first roleplay group that's where I met my first two Feralheart friends. We were the only three in the group and since no one else joined we just hanged out in Fluorite. I learned so many new features to the game, I felt so proud to have made friends and I couldn't wait to see them the next time I logged in.

The roleplay group grew and I eventually felt distant between one of the two friends. Shinestar was the one who I still felt was still a friend. Unfortunately over the years both of them stopped logging on and one disappeared from my friends list </3

I can't remember how I started visiting the forum on a regular basis. I think at some point I needed help myself, made a thread and posted on other threads. "i talkd lik dis a lot bak then" so I cringe a bit whenever I see any of my old posts xD I started answering threads in the help section, made some tutorials and I enjoyed doing so, it's why I'm still here today. It's been 3 years and Feralheart is still special to me, even if I'm not seen in-game as much as I was I'm still here on the forum.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 07:55:39 am »
I too joined in (May) 2011 but I only played the game. (Different account, of course.)
I only started peeking at the forums a few months ago, then I made a new account. (This one.)
My first friends were SAKRA, candycane, BlueSpray and...wait, that's it. xD

It changed my life in a good way and I am now a lot more helpful and caring than I was before, yay.
All these people that needed help changed me into a better girl, thank you!

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 03:12:48 pm »
Oh, the memories...
I joined Feral-Heart in 2010..wait no...4 years..maybe 3 years and 1/2...
I was such a newb back then, I didn't even know the basic controls so I got confused a lot. I was extremely excited to join. Back then, South Pole was my favourite place and now, Bonfire is.
My first pack I joined was a Husky pack, I was a pink husky .-. (I can't believe I made a pink husky)
My first character was a lion, with one of them fluffy manes... good times.

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline bailmint

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Promises keep us in chains, my dear.
    • bailmint
    • bailmint
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 04:45:44 pm »
I joined July 22, 2011 I believe. It' been 3 years ;O;. I was soooo newby back then, it's so embarrassing that I can't even say what the first thing I said was. My first character was a white lion with aqua underfur named Iceheart. I dun like lions anymore though xD. But yeah, FH changed EVERYTHING.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:15 pm »
thank you for your thoughts, guys! o: it's awesome to see what you guys think about being here for so long.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!