Author Topic: Would you snuggle a stranger in game if they were upset?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Would you snuggle a stranger in game if they were upset?
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:18:44 pm »
Just another random game discussion thread made by the mystical Whisper lol. Anywho, to start off the discussion, this is more of a cute question but also serves a purpose. As my 'Words of The Wise' thread says, kids every year commits suicide due to: bullying, depression, family oriented issues on severe cases, and in more common cases, cyber bullying. If it came down to it, would you snuggle up with them? Be honest guys~ <3

I would snuggle someone in their time of need, it erks me to know people harass others for fun or their own enjoyment, so, I always try to help with what I can to make them feel better.

Comment your answers! <3

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Would you snuggle a stranger in game if they were upset?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:39:16 pm »
I think it's a good way to comfort someone who is feeling down in the game. But would I snuggle a stranger if they were feeling upset? My answer is 'No'. You may think I sound mean by saying 'no', but I have my reasons.
Reason for me is because in the past I would go over to someone who was feeling upset, and most of the times they start getting angry and hostile. They would get very hostile when I was just trying to help them by comforting them. They would say things like "LEAVE ME ALONE!" or "Go away!" Why should I even bother, really? Why should I try to comfort someone who's just going to get aggressive with anyone who tries to ease their pain. It makes me think that they are just doing it for attention and to start an argument with someone just to feel better.

Now keep in mind, not all people I've encountered were like this. But a majority I've come across were like this. When I would go snuggle with someone who was feeling upset and ask them what was troubling them, they would tell me. Some of the problems people have shared with me were way too personal to be discussed with a stranger. When I would tell them my honest opinion in the most careful of ways, some would get defensive about it and start telling me, "You would never understand! Just go away and leave me alone!"
So the only ones who I snuggle with to comfort is friends or people I know in the community. That's my honest opinion.
Inactive

Offline Rivaille.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shingeki no Thug Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:45:30 pm »
What Lady Alizarin has mentioned before me, I do think snuggling is one way to comfort someone during their time of need as well. Most people appreciate the fact that someone is willing to take time out of their day to help ease their pain and frustration, but others desire some time on their own to think about certain things that others have absolutely nothing to do with. Some privacy would be great.

If a stranger randomly came up to me and asked for help despite the fact we've never seen nor spoke to each other before, that is when I will step up and do my job comforting them because I can tell that they are desperately in need of someone to speak with about their problems... Which honestly, I don't have an issue with that. I often find myself asking for comfort from complete strangers mostly because the people I know personally are not available at the time. {Which probably isn't wise... asking random people but 'ey, I look for those who seem trustworthy enough.}

Now again, similar to Alizarin's point, I would not just randomly go up to a stranger after seeing them upset. You never know what they'll do and could potentially threaten and chase you away. Not everyone is like that, of course. But I choose to have someone come to me for help rather than intrude without invitation. I know it would be considered a nice thing to do, but I've been turned down many times before. Most want time to themselves to think about what to do and really don't see comfort and help necessary at that moment. I respect that, don't get me wrong. If people believe they should solve their own problems, then by all means let them. If their sorrow is really starting to get to me, I'll ask if they need comfort and go from there.

You have a good heart, Whisper. But just be careful and consider these few things. I love to see people help one another, but being turned down when comforting someone just... It bothers me. So aye, respect others' privacy but keep close if they finally decide it's time for help. This Feralheart community is filled with many good people, so trouble shouldn't be much of an issue.

"The difference in judgement between you and me originates from different rules derived from past experience."
In-Game Username: Rivaille.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 03:22:06 am »
Since it doesn't kill me to do it yes... often times I will go up to a user and give them a snuggle but only after I've asked them how they are doing and whether they need some company or not.

Let's be honest some people are attention beggars. I have come across quite the number of users who will make a scene or act all depressed and woe is me only to act like a total fool once you approach them. Let's face it there are some people out there who have nothing better to do then to be a pain in the butt.

I've also had cases where I have comforted someone who claims to be getting bullied in the game only to have it backfire on me. One time I came to comfort a user who was saying they wanted to leave the game because they felt like no one liked them. I tried to make small talk and help the user get a laugh and it seemed to work at first... later on however the user had a complete switch of character and suddenly turned on me saying pretty nasty stuff about me... Why? I don't know.

Then there are those cases of people that you just can't comfort. No matter what you say everything is tears, drama, and drear from them. They are the kind of person that you will give advice, comfort, or a solution to and they will just keep on coming up with some other reason for you to feel pity on them. I've met people who will call themself pathetic and say that everyone hates them etc... even when I'm clearly doing my best effort to listen and show I care.

As much as I'd say I like to snuggle upset strangers it's just something you have to approach with caution these days. Point is though even if it ends up being a false alarm or a drama queen/king it's better to take the chance to give a little love and possibly make someones day.

So yes it's a minor "risk" worth the taking in my opinion.

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:34:36 am »
Yeah I would snuggle with them, now if they did get defense as said before me, then I would probably say: "well sorry I was trying to help!" And walk away. But if the person opens up like a flower I will listen and try to help them out the best way I can, I'm usually able to make them happy again but there were a few times where they said I was so nice to where they wanted my number....so...it can get a bit strange, and I usually just come up with an excuse on why I can't give it to them. Even the pitiers who always say that they are sad no matter what, as said above me. And some are just drama people, but if I could help someone, I would.But overall, as Sura said, it won't kill me so I'll do it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:39:43 am by ~Thyme~ »

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:35:48 am »
I would if I felt like what they were upset over was rational. However if I'd seen what went down and it seemed to me that that person who became upset is upset by not only their own doing, but have made others more upset and hurt others, I would be more likely to just talk to them about to see how they feel about it and why they do what they do, and if they truly think they are in the right to be doing so.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 11:54:31 am »
yeah. i would probably go up and lay next to them or cuddle them IF they're comfortable with telling me their problem or issue that's come up. but usually, i wouldn't just go up to someone and cuddle them just because they're sad. they'd probably think i'm weird. and really people ignore me when i don't talk like a 'literate' person.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »
If I saw a sad stranger then of course I would try and comfort them in any way possible, even if it meant that I'd have to internet snuggle them with my character. We don't know anyone as well as we know ourselves, we don't know what they are currently going through or what obstacles they met on their path of life. We have to accept and respect the fact that they may be going through a hard time.

If the person opened up I would take up my spare time to give them support and listen to their story. However if for some reason they decided that it was best to leave matters be, then I would give them the space and time alone that  they needed instead of butting in and throwing words at them which seem wise enough to bring up.

But I would certainly listen to them and comfort them; make sure that they know that someone out there cares for them.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 11:57:22 pm »
In most cases I would snuggle with a stranger in this game. If I can tell that someone's disappointed about something or if they're just having a bad say, I'd give them advice and maybe even tell them a few jokes to help cheer them up. However, as the others above have said, there are those who will be rude about it or are simply seeking attention. So, when first approaching someone I'd usually ask if they're alright and/or if they need a cuddle.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 01:19:37 am »
Woah -blinks eyes- So many replys lol, but what I meant was by asking them first, sorry I didn't specify ~

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves