Author Topic: VIRUSES! Ugh!  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: VIRUSES! Ugh!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 12:34:10 am »
Since I've done...everything you can think off on the internet I'vve had my share of viruses.
Including these
-Trojan horse
-A virus were ads pop up everywhere.
-A fake chat thing that pops up in my facebook messagers.
-And the biggest most devastating virus ever. The FBI virus. Which locks you out of your computer and shows a screen like
this

though i've not experienced this for myself, i know it can be extremely worrying. there was one like this going around on another site that demanded you to pay an obscene amount of money. ransomware, i believe is the name.

rootkits are nasty too.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 01:04:13 pm »
Since I've done...everything you can think off on the internet I'vve had my share of viruses.
Including these
-Trojan horse
-A virus were ads pop up everywhere.
-A fake chat thing that pops up in my facebook messagers.
-And the biggest most devastating virus ever. The FBI virus. Which locks you out of your computer and shows a screen like
this

though i've not experienced this for myself, i know it can be extremely worrying. there was one like this going around on another site that demanded you to pay an obscene amount of money. ransomware, i believe is the name.

rootkits are nasty too.

Holy chicken.
That's scary, alright. I probably would've had a heart attack if I saw that on my laptop. ;-;

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 06:26:18 pm »
I've never experienced a virus attack on my computer (thank goodness for AVAST! antivirus). However, my other family members weren't so lucky. I managed to get rid of the virus twice off of my aunt's computer, but unfortunately, the kids are always downloading random stuff from websites because they're all colorful and pretty games to play with. Needless to say, they no longer use the main computer at my aunt's house.

But yeah, viruses can do more damage other than corrupting your files. They can also overrun your system's heating source.

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 08:11:36 am »
But yeah, viruses can do more damage other than corrupting your files. They can also overrun your system's heating source.

Yep they can overrun it and the computer may not work anymore if the motherboard is damaged..

After talking with a friend of mine it seems like it's some kind of code that overheats excessively the fans of the computer. And if you don't have time to shut down the computer, it may get "burned", including the motherboard.

Yep it's some scary stuff. If I ever get a virus that overheats my computer I will never turn on it again <_<.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 03:24:06 am »
That "FBI virus" would be awful. I didn't get that but I somehow got another virus (it was this year but I forgot exactly what it did...). I made a new administrator account, transferred most of my stuff from a flash drive to the new account, and deleted my old one. Problem solved, but pain in the butt. >:U
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!