Author Topic: Drifting Away...? (Maybe a little depressing)  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Drifting Away...? (Maybe a little depressing)
« on: July 03, 2014, 04:30:12 am »
On my way home from my grandparents' house, I started to think about all the wonderful relationships I currently have and formerly had. However, I then started to realize that some of my friends have been choosing to ignore me. Well, I wouldn't exactly say "ignoring", but I have no other choice word for it. They just stopped talking to me completely, and when I tried to make conversation, they never talk to me.
Sure, you might think that they're busy role-playing or something, however they weren't. They were talking very freely in Local with no pauses to answer or any hesitation. I said their nickname that I or another had lovingly given them, and said my usual greeting - only to get no response.

I keep thinking that they're mad at me or I did something, and not to mention that I'm quickly forgotten within my group of friends - which seems to be getting smaller and smaller.
Maybe it's just me, though. Maybe it's all just in my head.

Anyway, anyone wanna share their story of being forgotten or them feeling left out?
-Wolfie

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: Drifting Away...? (Maybe a little depressing)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 10:57:05 pm »
Daww dont worry I will be your friend :) yeah that happens sometimes. Even in real life ;-;.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:30:41 pm »
I've had... One friend on here. I don't like talking about her, but... It's the main reason I don't trust people on here. :\
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 06:37:54 pm »
Well I have definitely had that happen to me before too.
I tend to try to ignore the feeling though, and move on. Try to find more friends that tend to be better than the last.
I do admit I have a large trusting issue, and it takes a lot for me to care for the people I used to care for when I know they have already broken my trust.
I will gladly be your friend though, but I do warn you it may sometimes be hard to get a hold of me. Find me on Feral Heart if you wish to. My username on the game is on my signature.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 07:15:43 pm »
oh my gosh. this happens to me every time i see my old friends, and sometimes i start to think i wasn't their friend at all. i see their deviantart pages or somethin', and they have words like "the gang" or "my best friends" and it's always our whole group of friends that used to roleplay together -- except i'm never in that list.

then i start to think to myself. do they not like me? do they think i'm annoying? when i'm offline, do they talk about how annoying i am? i don't know. but then i start to feel like maybe i was never part of their group of friends, or that they weren't very happy to see me. i thought they were some of my best friends!! but whenever i talk to them they treat me like i am another random person, like "oh. hi" or "oh. thank you!" but they never actually fool around with me.

well, this is what i go through when it comes to friends. i could go on and on about it, but the fact is: friends come and go and you can never change that. but just because the bright side may be around the corner, it doesn't mean you aren't depressed in the moment that you live in.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline StarrieNova

• Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 08:47:20 pm »
oh my gosh. this happens to me every time i see my old friends, and sometimes i start to think i wasn't their friend at all. i see their deviantart pages or somethin', and they have words like "the gang" or "my best friends" and it's always our whole group of friends that used to roleplay together -- except i'm never in that list.

then i start to think to myself. do they not like me? do they think i'm annoying? when i'm offline, do they talk about how annoying i am? i don't know. but then i start to feel like maybe i was never part of their group of friends, or that they weren't very happy to see me. i thought they were some of my best friends!! but whenever i talk to them they treat me like i am another random person, like "oh. hi" or "oh. thank you!" but they never actually fool around with me.

well, this is what i go through when it comes to friends. i could go on and on about it, but the fact is: friends come and go and you can never change that. but just because the bright side may be around the corner, it doesn't mean you aren't depressed in the moment that you live in.

I agree..

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:59 pm »
uwu I feel special. And, about your best friend lists, it's happened to me with five of my old role playing buddies and me. I once forgot about one of my friends on here, due to high stress levels of school though, and I made up for it. I felt bad for weeks about it, but eventually forgot what I was moping around about.

Sometimes I wonder if those who forgot- possibly just not talking to me? - might feel that way when they remember. If, atleast. - Small sigh-
-Wolfie

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 05:13:21 pm »
I have this issue a lot too. I'll meet a new person and everything is going fine, sometimes they say "Hi" first, sometimes it's me, really just whoever notices the other is online first. And then after awhile, They stop. And I'm the only one saying "Hi" and it gets to the point they never even reply. (Like on skype, and you never get a: "Sorry I left Skype up!" Or anything. Just nothing.)
I always ask myself, "Why?" I get that people change, interests change. But sometimes, even if you've moved on, you don't have to leave everyone behind? You could just let them know how things are now, and they might understand, they might even feel the same way and you will have a common interest again.

Then there's things like; you join a group, sometime passes. And you really start to realize that they don't care about you. It's like when they talk to you, it's to divert you. "Hey, we're obviously talking in private whispers and you are not invited. Ever. But hi. Okay bye." Sometimes, for me anyway, I might not be able to connect 100% with people. We have a common interest, but if I feel a but different about it they push me away? Why can't we have our own opinions and accept it? Or are you THAT bad at friendship?

I've tried to keep friendships alive so many times. But it's a two way thing.
And a lot of the time the friend seems... Dishonest. Like at some point they honestly want nothing to do with you, but will act all nice anyway. What's the point of faking it? Who gains? No one. You're both wasting your time.

For me it's gotten to the point I hardly want to talk to people, myself. At some point it feels so hopeless.

//end rant. Better stop it here. Apologies if it's confusing. Didn't read over.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »
I'm sorry you've had to experience that. I hope it doesn't make you think twice about staying as a member of this community. From personal experience, there are very awesome people on here, you just need to find them and filter them out and into your list of close friends.

I've have that sort of thing happen to me all the time and it still happens. But I won't go into detail cause thats my own business. But why it happens to me? Well I just have a poopy social life and I sometimes just dont know how to act around people. Ive even lost good people on Facebook who ended up deleting me cause of my awkwardness and lack of social skills.
Admitidly, I'm a bit of a loner meaning I like love my alone time. But I also like human company from time to time which I have trouble conveying that message to people. Therefore people take it I'm a 100% loner and treat me like one.

Take some advice from a survivor of constant bullying in school, who eventually made one of those 'bullies' his best friends with whom he still remains in contact with; Ignore such people and don't take it too personally. I know its hard and you want to curse that person. But it helps to just remember those true friends you have and ignore those others. If they are just having a 'moment', they might come back to you. But also don't give up. If you care for that person as a good friend then do keep trying to contact but give them time to reply. Especially if they seem to have a moment, let them know you care about them and the love might just come back to you.

Also remember, it's not necessarily your fault they're ignoring you. It could be a fault in them that they don't realize how much of a good friend they're missing out on.

PS: Please remind me next time not to write long posts like this on my phone. Those website wasn't designed for phones ;)
Feel free to say hi to me if you pass by me on Flourite or wherever you find me lurking. Unless I'm AFK, I always respond.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline flomfloat83

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 05:38:51 pm »
Um, this has never happened to me on Feral-heart but on Minecraft(lol)

Back when I was new to servers, I found a faction server that'd I decided I'd like to join. When I talked in the chat, people often told me to shut up or call me names. Of course, I wasn't really saddened or angered by this but this one person messaged me asking me to help them make a faction and so I said yes.

Me and him skyped and he taught me all the ways of pvping and gave me donator armor etc. We had a really good faction with a lot of members and I was happy.

Then some huge admin asked him to join his faction and of course, he said yes. It was understandable. But then we stopped talking and everytime I tried to skype him he would ignore it or even message him, he'd ignore me completely. What happened?
dora the explorer, nuff said

Find me in-game as: mushyroom, flomfloat83 or baconpancakes11