Author Topic: Discussing Innapropriate Topics in Public Maps  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Discussing Innapropriate Topics in Public Maps
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:01:13 pm »
I just wanted to get this off my chest... earlier todays I was hanging out in Ficho Tunnel with a friend, and a bunch of trolls started making rude jokes about sexuality. I don't know about you, but I'm sensitive to those topics from friends/family, and I don't think they should be discussed in public. I didn't report them, because they technically weren't breaking any rules, but still, it's offensive to some people, and inappropriate for younger players.
Then this is where it gets bad. It was getting a bit unnerving, so I politely asked them if they could talk in a private map or chat, but then they went through the whole "Why should I, idiot?" thing, and I replied that it could be offensive or inappropriate for some players, but then they started cursing and calling me stupid.

I mean, come on! All I did was ask if you could keep their mature discussion away from a public map full of kids.

I just needed to get this out of my system, but what do you think about this?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Discussing Innapropriate Topics in Public Maps
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:19 pm »
I too agree that people shouldn't be talking about mature topics in local on public maps. They should either whisper or make a party, or even flee into private maps. When asking them to stop and they come off rude, then block them and/or even report them if they begin swearing or doing anything else that's breaking the rules
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »
a bunch of trolls started making rude jokes about sexuality.
it's offensive to some people, and inappropriate for younger players.
I politely asked them if they could talk in a private map or chat, but then they went through the whole "Why should I, idiot?" thing, and I replied that it could be offensive or inappropriate for some players, but then they started cursing and calling me stupid.
  • Keep Appropriate Language And Behavior
    This game is aimed towards a wide user-base of all ages and therefore you must keep the language and other behavior to an appropriate level that works for everyone. Swearing inside of the public chats is NOT allowed or encouraged by anyone. Even if you censor your writings and they still represent an obvious curse/swear you might get warned/kicked/banned instantly upon notice, this is because we want to keep FeralHeart a friendly place for the majority. Users are also expected to keep any actions representing any sexual behavior such as mating/raping(Buttswinging over another character) AWAY from public maps, ignoring this rule can result in a permanent ban.

• Respect Each Other
    If you are caught Harassing and/or threatening other players inside the game it can result in a warning/kick/ban all depending on the severity of the case, having conflicts or arguments is one thing but personally attacking users with hurtful, racist and/or offensive language within the game will not be tolerated. FeralHeart has a wide user-base and a lot of different users log on every day to play the game. As a member of the game you should be polite to everyone no matter which age, gender or views they might have. If there's a problem within the game, block/ignore the users instead attacking each other for various reasons, possibly post a report to the Mods and Admins here on the forum if seen needed.
In other words, ye' could very well have reported 'em, ma'dam. If they were bein' hostile towards ye', bullyin' and pickin' on ye', especially since they swore 'n whatnot, ye' should have captured those screenshots then block 'em afterwards. Ye' need not be hesitant on reports for as long as ye' deem a user's actions to be unnecessary, the staff team shall look into the matter. It's individuals like these who give FeralHeart a bad rep and as long as they're gonna be ignorant towards the rules well established here clear as crystal, we certainly do not want them ruinin' the fun for other players.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:11:52 pm by Vespian »
gone

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:11:06 pm »
Well, like I said, I decided not to report them, since it wasn't really rulebreaking until they started cursing, and there was a lot of them, thus hard to get all of them and report them. I did manage to get one screenshot of the "head honcho" of the insults, and I'll send a report right now. Anyway, I'm glad other people agree with this.

nya

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:13:36 pm »
I agree, a lot of people talk about things they perhaps shouldn't bring up in local etc.
It seems they don't usually think about the circumstances of having others around.
It's a shame at times, to see people show so little respect around others.
Then again, that's what kids are like. (Not just kids. But a main part of them may be kids.)

However, it's the same all over the world. :I
They think irrationally, and just focus on what they think should be right.
Teenagers are also known to be little rebels. xD
I remember when I was younger, think rules was something I enjoyed following?

Just take the time to report this kind of behaviour as you mentioned above.
People can't learn from circumstances if there are none.
RETIRED.

Offline Moonbacon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 10:53:55 pm »
I think discussing Inpropriate topics in public maps should be allowed AS LONG people talk about it in a mature and polite manner, and if asked to  take it to whisper or party chat  for whatever reason they should obey. It's going to fairly obvious if a troll is well trolling.

Offline .Dionysus.

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 11:36:30 pm »
I agree completely. If members choose to have a mature conversation they should do so privately so they do not offend any other players. If I was in that situation ,I would be pretty offended as my sexuality is a very important thing to me. I don't get why some members have the need to be rude after being kindly asked to talk elsewhere or just stop, it doesn't make any sense.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 06:01:58 pm »
That is not right to happen. I dislike when members see it perfectly okay to speak like that in open chats. It is wrong and inappropriate let alone it is also against the rules. I am so sorry you had to see that. I hope they got lectured for being that way.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 07:31:34 pm »
I dislike seeing this happen in game. And even when you warn the user of the consequences, they just shout "I DO WHAT I WANT, JERK" it's rude and they're just ticking off everyone in the map. But, I suppose that's just the purpose of trolls, eh?

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 07:43:39 pm »
You all make excellent points... but the worst thing is when they STAY there, 24/7 and keep harassing anyone and everyone. I mean, I hope that those guys have read this thread, or the game rules, or something like that and stop being rude/offensive.

EDIT: I just noticed that I'm stalking my own thread.:D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:45:12 pm by Nevica »

nya