Author Topic: not working with new computer?  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Starri700

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • REYN TIME
    • View Profile
not working with new computer?
« on: December 14, 2014, 08:16:46 pm »
I got a new Dell with Windows 8 installed, and I was exited to get back!
I got Feralheart again through torrent and fixed it up with Vuze, but now once it's installed, when opened, the title screen won't boot up and the thing crashes. Help?
Hello I'm a person and I'm existent.
I'll rp with whoever and whatever by now vuv
I love you all Feralheart and I hope your day goes well, mon ami (or amie, if you consider yourself female). vuv

Offline Whitebone

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • An ordinary Fox, With extrodinary powers...
    • View Profile
Re: not working with new computer?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:52 pm »
You will have to delete the entire thing and download it not from torrent. The torrents pretty glitchy, but that should work.

If not, try deleting all the files and reinstalling FH? Perhaps the files were corrupted in the download.
If Life Gives You Lemons, Make OrangeJuice, And Leave The World Wondering How You Did It.

Download my Preset Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltb97742z8pv46q/Whitebone_9.fhp

Offline Starri700

• Curious Wanderer
  • REYN TIME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 12:59:48 am »
Unfortunately, I'm getting the 'Setup files are corrupted' thingy. So. 8(
I love you all Feralheart and I hope your day goes well, mon ami (or amie, if you consider yourself female). vuv

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 01:27:57 am »
Feral Heart does seem to be glitchy as far as the downloads go. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon. I managed to get the torrent working, but it took around four or five tries. I'd recommend redownloading it a few times to see how well it work as out.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Starri700

• Curious Wanderer
  • REYN TIME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 01:52:30 am »
Alrighty, we'll see.
I sure hope it's fixed soon.

Offline Whitebone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 03:08:31 am »
Unfortunately, I'm getting the 'Setup files are corrupted' thingy. So. 8(

Did you download it from Torrent? Because, I think i may have figured it out. Do you have a Torrent account of whatever? That may be why. Or, all i can think of is that Windows 8 cant use Torrent :/ sorry if this didn't help you, dear.
If Life Gives You Lemons, Make OrangeJuice, And Leave The World Wondering How You Did It.

Download my Preset Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltb97742z8pv46q/Whitebone_9.fhp

Offline Whitebone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 03:10:30 am »
Feral Heart does seem to be glitchy as far as the downloads go. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon. I managed to get the torrent working, but it took around four or five tries. I'd recommend redownloading it a few times to see how well it work as out.

Really? Wow! My friend had troubles with it and gave up, she just used the other download and it worked perfectly. I sure am glad the Torrent download worked for some xD

Offline Whitebone

• View Profile

Offline Starri700

• Curious Wanderer
  • REYN TIME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 01:05:46 am »
Feralheart still doesn't seem to work. As far as I know, it should be compatible with Windows 8 as well. I don't have an Antivirus on this computer I think.
Torrent's being a massive nerd as well, and I can't seem to get it to work no matter what.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 03:04:42 pm »
You will have to delete the entire thing and download it not from torrent. The torrents pretty glitchy, but that should work.

If not, try deleting all the files and reinstalling FH? Perhaps the files were corrupted in the download.

Er, FH torrents always worked fine for me, at least. Downloaded & installed it once again to check and everything's fine. Unless it's your internet, in which case I can't help... but no glitches encountered so far.

Feralheart still doesn't seem to work. As far as I know, it should be compatible with Windows 8 as well. I don't have an Antivirus on this computer I think.
Torrent's being a massive nerd as well, and I can't seem to get it to work no matter what.

Get an antivirus. NOW. How did you forget to install your antivirus? You should be shameful for not already having an antivirus! /jk But seriously, get an antivirus. I would recommend Avira or Kaspersky.

Anyways, did you update to Windows 8.1? In my Windows 8 it worked pretty fine. In 8.1 I'm not sure as I need Hamachi and 8.1 is incompatible with LogMeIn applications. idk

What model is yur computer? Post the model not the specs

EDIT: Tried changing the rendering subsystem?

In-game name as: Whinp