Author Topic: The Whispering South Wind  (Read 8704 times)

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: The Whispering South Wind
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 03:32:37 am »
Eli

Anger pounded through him, causing his usually slow and bulky legs to move much faster. He had to catch the thief; who did she think she was, waltzing into his territory and stealing his prey? His eyes were red with rage as a lion came into view, the wolf running past him. The bears eyes narrowed as he rounded up on the mountain cat, not caring if he was the thief or not, his claws raking to claw into the lion. He let out a loud roar as the cat evaded, taking off in the direction the thief had gone. Eli would not give up just yet, even though he was becoming much more tired.

Ocean

She didn't even notice the mountain lion as she rushed past him, her heart racing as she tried to outrun the bear. Strength might not be her strong point, especially with her size, though speed and stamina was what she brought to the table. She glanced back, able to see a feline running in her direction now, the bear right behind him and she ran faster. She figured the lion was after her now and asked herself, "What the heck did I do this time??"

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 02:42:00 pm »

Leauana

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

The young wolf had been waiting patiently for quiet some time now, watching the fish with interest as she examined each one out of the small group. Running her tongue across her lips the quiet growls of her stomach sounded, a sickening feeling was also felt as she winced a little. She hadn't eaten in a while, so this was the reason for her sickness. When she was younger Lea wasn't taught to hunt, her so called adoptive 'mother' never let her out of the den to do so, which meant Alue was unable to hunt when she finally managed to escape. However, even though she wasn't able to she managed to scavenge food for her first few weeks alone. Leauana had taken the time to follow a few lone wolves and wolf packs to see how one hunted as a team and in a group, she also observed the hunting methods of the common grizzly bear and mountain lion. After watching them do so it was only a matter of time until the white pelted canid was able to hunt for herself - which was a relief but also an achievement. Being taught to hunt and fend for yourself was the most important things to learn as a pup, but that was something which never happened. Her mother had started training her, but soon after she was gone and Rune didn't make no attempt with helping the pup on techniques, skills nor survival tops. Despite all this she has managed to educate herself and has ended up being better off than some. Which was a relief to her.

Watching the fish slowly bob around the bottom of the river, she allowed her eyes to lock onto a target. These fish were rather large, so one whole one would probably fill Lea for some time, until she found something else to hunt or until she could be bothered. Allowing the fish to swim around for a short time she parted her jaws the slightest bit, watching as the large Salomon separate itself from the group she grinned. Lunging face first into the water the large carnivore managed to snap her teeth onto the sea creatures head, the others darting off in every direction as the largest of the group was pulled out from the shallows and slung onto dry land. Quickly whirling around Lea grabbed the fish and hurried off, one hard bite to its head was enough to kill it, now she scrambled off to find a safe place where she could eat her kill.

Ravana

"Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven."

The large feline remained slouched in the tree, body parts hanging down from the thick branch as she sat quietly, allowing the sights, sounds and scents to be taken in; wolf, bear, fish, raccoons and other scents of animals wafted into her snout. Scrunching up her snout the rather ignorant feline allowed herself to place her head on her paws, eyes remaining locked onto the land beneath her, now and then her eyes would wonder behind her to ensure nothing had snuck into the tree behind her, but her eyes also watched the branches of all the trees, of course in case anything else clambered into the trees at this time of day. As usual nothing seemed to catch Ravanas attention, where she was everything appeared rather silent and still, her tail curling up now and then, swaying back and forth as it dangled quite a distance down. Because of the minutes laying bored with nothing to do, Ravs eyes slowly began to close, claws now being dug tighter into the tree so she didn't fall in her slumber. Breathing softly the black marked feline let out a quiet sigh, in a relaxed state she was able to remain calm. However, seconds later loud grunts and growls caught her attention, causing her eyes to narrow and her eyes to glance off into the direction, a few figures seemed to head her way. And one of the figures was one which she recognised.

Narrowing her eyes Ravana let out a hiss, her tail swaying in irritation as she swiped her paw at one of the branches, causing it to hit the ground with a thud. A grin then appeared on her face as she watched the two creatures drawing nearer. The big, grey creature was a bear, familiarly known to most around here as Eli. And he was quite the jerk, even though most would consider Rav as one, he was just as worse. As he came closer he seemed to be chasing two not one, a small coyote looking creature, or a wolf, and a mountain lion like herself. As the duo were chased under the tree that she was located in, her eyes then looked at the girzzly whom appeared rather exhausted. Smiling, the tan pelted feline placed her paw on one of the thicker branches, putting the pressure of one of her paws on it, and jumping several times which caused the heavy branch to snap and tumble to the ground - hopefully it'd hit Eli. Standing rather proud Ravana let out a chuckle as she looked coldly at the bear "I see you're being the bully of the forest as usual?" she questioned with narrowed eyes, it was obvious she was being rather cocky and arrogant towards the huge creature. Ravana wasn't afraid of Eli like most seemed, in fact she enjoyed taunting the bear.

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 04:51:00 am »
(If the others don't reply tomorrow, then I'll just reply. And I have something good planned too! Well to me at least)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 04:57:30 am »
((Could I get a bit of a recap on what has happened so far? Sorry, I'm lazy and didn't read all the posts :P))

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 09:20:16 pm »
Not much, except a few of the animals went hunting and a bear, quite the bully of the forest, is chasing Ocean, who's far ahead by now. The bear's name is Eli and Ravana just made Eli halt even more.)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 06:08:54 pm »

{Is anyone going to post or?...}
DA Account

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 01:30:34 am »
I'll post, even though I was hoping someone else would before *shrugs* x3 Sorry)

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 01:39:41 am »
Eli

Nearing the tree where the two were running, Eli tried to keep a steady pace as he yowled, "I'll smell you both out! If it's the last thing I-" He couldn't finish his sentence, feeling something sharp smack into him from above, leaving him staggering to the right as he let out a growl. He shook his pelt, trying to untangle the branch from his thick fur that was getting knotted up from the wood. Thinking it was a coincidence, he didn't figure to look up. He would have continued to follow the scent trail, though that familiar taunting voice hit his ears like the loudest thunderstorm.

With his teeth bared, he glared up in the direction the tree branch had came tumbling down and growled low, "For the record, you ugly good for nothing flea-bag, I'm after a fish stealer... And if you want to talk, come down here and I'll show you what talking to me get's you!" He raked his claws down the tree where the cat stood and glared up; he would not attempt to climb it because it was no use. Eli knew he was meant for exploring in caves, not wandering up trees.

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 11:35:53 pm »

Ravana

"Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven."

Ravana stood quietly as she watched Eli quietly, her tail flicking in amusment as she watched the branch tumble to the ground, smacking the bear as he passed. The larger creature seemed to stagger slightly from the impact, a chuckle escaping her maw as she watched him begin to wonder off, but soon turning to glare at her. Despite him being much larger and a lot more able to do some damage she wasn't at all scared of what could happen to her by messing with this beast. She didn't get anything bad out of this, or she hadn't so far. This was sheerly for her entertainment. Allowing her tail to flick her gaze remained on the plump creature below.

Hearing the bears comment a cackle escaped the feline as she turned carefully on the branch, lifting her gaze onto surrounding trees, then back onto the bear. "It's a shame I know, but then I could look like you." she replied with a cocky tone as she lowered herself onto her haunches, allowing her tail to hang down low. Raising a brow she sighed and shook her head "Well they wouldn't need to steal it if you didn't hog it all, maybe you need to loosen up?" she grunted with a shrug. A grin then appeared on the felines face as she nodded her head. Hurling herself onto her paws she clambered across the branch and leapt down a few branches, then stopping. Still a fair distance off the ground "Now we can talk?...Don't get angry sweetie it isn't a good look...' she taunted, unsheathing her claws and running them across the branch, holding up her paw now and then to examine the sharpness of them.
DA Account

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 12:27:34 am »
Nyota sat, drinking from a stream while Fashan stood a foot or so away, looking around to make sure no predators were nearby. His ears flicked as he became tense, noticing a bear in the distance. "It's far away. It won't harm us," Nyota said, noticing his discomfort. Curious, she stepped through the stream and headed in it's direction while Fashan stayed where he was stubbornly. "Don't go over there!" he snapped, but Nyota kept walking until stopping a few feet away from him, staring.

(Short post, and just jumping right in XD)