Author Topic: <|~|> The Left Ones <|~|> Mature&Realistic Dog&Cat Apocalypse  (Read 29574 times)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: <|~|> The Left Ones <|~|> Mature&Realistic Dog&Cat Apocalypse
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2015, 05:44:37 pm »

Yes, you may join as one of the mutants. However, it'd also be preferred that you have a un-mutated character too. It is up to you though.
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2015, 11:29:05 pm »

"We can spend our time running from reality, or we can spend our time fighting for our lives."

Name: Tanya
Species: domestic feline
Breed: mix between American longhair and Laperm

Personality: Brave, belligerent, intelligent, graceful, silent, determined, knows no bounds, pushes limits
Backstory: Abandoned as a kitten to face the world, Tanya has spent her life fighting. Her parents were murdered by her when she was only a few months old. Tanya has been wandering without a home ever since.

Infected: no
Group: none, can change.

Crush: none, can change.
Mate: none, can change.
Kittens: none, can change.
Extra: Now travels with Ratchet alongside her. Collects animal pelts, bones, human items, metal claws, and a large sled which she uses to carry her items. Has a lantern and resides in the sewers currently.

(the one with the floppy-ish ears)
"Kill or be killed. That is the law here."

Name: Ratchet (also known as Rat)
Genders: male
Species: canid
Breed: 50% wolf, 25% whippet, 25% greyhound

Personality: Brave, strong-willed, can be hostile, silent, intelligent, determined
Backstory: Ratchet was a black and white wolfdog who roamed the city before he became infected. Him and his family were murdered by infected dogs. However, the infected dogs spared his life. He did get bit, but did not get killed. He later became victim to the infection.

Infected: yes
Group: none, can change.

Crush: none, can change.
Mate: none, can change.
Pups: none, can change.
Extra: Travels alongside Tanya, acting as her helper.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:09:28 am by Ashyak »

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2015, 01:23:58 pm »

Of course you're accepted, feel free to post whenever. I need to wait for the others.
DA Account

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2015, 10:08:18 pm »
Tanya

Tanya padded around the empty city, her oddly spotted fur matted and dirty. Grime smeared her pelt, staining it brown. "Isn't there anyone else here..?" She said, snarling. She laid her ears back and continued forward. She arrived at a sewer drain. Defending into the subterranean tunnels, Tanya arrived at her small camp. A stolen mattress laid near the wall, various animal pelts strung across it. Carved bones were scattered across the floor of the tunnel, some carved and specially made to fit her body. A pair of metal claws were laid on a box next to a lantern. The flame flickered in Tanya's green-yellow eyes, casting light against her face. Tanya leapt up onto the worn mattress and curled up, resting her eyes.

Ratchet

Ratchet roamed the streets, his muscles rippling under his skin. Stringy veins crisscrossed all around his body, giving him a slight blue hue from afar. He lowered his muzzle to the ground, sniffing in an attempt to pick up any scents. Rat's legs ached from fighting his instinct to attack anything and everything. Unlike the other Infected, he wasn't a mindless killer. He atleast made attempts to stay calm and sane. His bare tail wagged back and fourth as he caught the scent of another dog. It was stake and from a couple of days ago, but it was still a dog. 'Hopefully alive.' He thought to himself. By the scent of it, the dog was probably a Belgian Mailanos. He huffed before padding onwards, head hung low. He spotted a bearby bush and quickly dashed into it to hide himself. He sat there, crouching, hopefully hidden.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:15:24 pm by Ashyak »

Offline Lourdis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2015, 02:07:13 am »

Ilirhaeya beamed up at the Malinois when she replied the way she did. Glad she was okay, Ilirhaeya allowed herself to relax mentally as she turned to look at the two other members of the Malinois' group. While she had been prepared to ask them if they were okay as well, it seemed they were already in the process of asking each other. Turning her head back to Daciana when she spoke to her, she gave a small breath as she forced herself to visibly relax some more. "Yeah, we got here safely. We didn't run into anything." She answered, before continuing. "I'm fine." She finished, closing her eyes as she let out a huff. They were safe. Everyone was safe. It was nice feeling that had the cat in a good mood.

"You have a nice place."
She commented, after reopening her eyes and looking around. It was truly a nice house, and Ilirhaeya wondered what they had to do to find a house so protected. She was used to sleeping in whatever high place she could find, damp or dry. It didn't matter, survival was what mattered. Living on the streets for the majority of her life had hardened the girl into quite the tough cat, and luxuries such as this were rare and she had problems trusting them. Things could go wrong any minute, but this time, Ilirhaeya forced her worries to back of her head. Noticing that Daciana was still standing, she couldn't help but tilt her head and frown.

"Don't you wanna..rest?" She asked curiously, raising a small paw to point at her injured one.

Status: Ilirhaeya is groomed and obviously not infected. She appears to be all fur, the soft and fluffy kind, the type that is thin enough to cause a sneeze if brushed too close to the nose. Generally, she looks clean, but of course she is dirtied by the life of the streets. Its obvious she grooms herself often, for her fur would be matted if it weren't for her constant grooming. She appears as being young, but not that young, just an adolescent.

OOC: VERY sorry for the late post. I'm a bad person. ;-;

Offline Mxter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2015, 07:06:42 am »
Felix

"Just because I need you doesn't mean I trust you."

Felix started a little at Reima's question. Was he okay?
    He was, right? He was almost sure he  was fine. Just to be sure, Felix arched his back, feeling his muscles tense and the frantic heartbeart slow.
    Nothing hurt.
    He flashed Reima a sudden grin. "Looks like I'm still as handsome as ever."
    As he waited to see her anxious face break into a little smile, Ilirhaeya asked Daciana another question.
    It wasn't anymore lighthearted than the last one. Daciana was alpha. Whatever she did affected their little group. If she had to rest, they'd all stop moving, and stay shut up behind the walls of the safe house.
    Safety, he felt, was a unusual feeling. When he'd been running and hiding from those bloated corpses he had yearned for it, for thick walls and the safety of numbers.
    And now he had them! He was dizzy with his good fortune.
    But...there was a tiny part of him that wasn't happy. He might have abandoned his dreams of the colony, but the streets still held a certain allure.
    He needed something to do, something to hope for, and the streets were all that he knew.
    I need to keep moving, he realized. I can't just stay still./i]
   "If you want to lie down a little," Felix spoke up to Daciana,"I can help around. Someone needs to hunt and scout. I'm capable of doing both."
    He glanced at Ilirhaeya. "You can join me...if you want," he mumbled, trailing off. It was his awkward little peace offering. "Or you can be the babysitter this time."

I am so so sorry to all of you for the long time gap between this post and my last one. Some family vacation plan that was arranged a while ago still managed to surprise me, and I had no time to post.
    I'll be travelling in Romania for about eight weeks, so I won't always have internet access, but I'll try my hardest to post at least once a week.
    I eagerly await new posts. What with the new characters, things look like they might get interesting!    

Offline Lourdis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2015, 02:20:39 am »

As Felix suggested doing tasks for their little group, Ilirhaeya immediately turned her attention towards him. She was an adventurous spirit at heart, and she had trouble staying in one area for a long time. Even if she wasn't quite sure if she was apart of their group or not, she wouldn't miss the chance to help them out when one of them was injured and the other was a puppy. His peace offering was gladly accepted, and she showed it as a small, dainty smile appeared on her muzzle. She couldn't hold a grudge forever....it would be pointless, especially when he seemed to...regret his little angry outburst.

"Ill join you." She said with a friendly swish of her tail and a nod of her head, hoping he'd allow her on his trip. She wouldn't be the best babysitter, and she was sure Daciana could watch Reima just fine. Plus- it'd give the Malinois a chance to rest, and her and her pup would both get food later. It was a good proposition. Moving closer to Felix, she stretched out her limbs and shook her fur to get ready for the 'adventure' ahead of them. Hopefully they'd be able to bring back some good food. "I'm ready to go when you are." She said with a breath, glancing at the others.

Status: Ilirhaeya is groomed and obviously not infected. She appears to be all fur, the soft and fluffy kind, the type that is thin enough to cause a sneeze if brushed too close to the nose. Generally, she looks clean, but of course she is dirtied by the life of the streets. Its obvious she grooms herself often, for her fur would be matted if it weren't for her constant grooming. She appears as being young, but not that young, just an adolescent.

OOC: short post to make up for the long period of time I didn't post. ;-;

Echoing harmony

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2015, 06:14:18 am »
oooh! Nice group.  :D I wish you best of luck with it ^^

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2015, 06:29:17 am »
Ratchet and Tanya

Ratchet crept out of hiding and turned his attention towards an opening to the sewers that ran below the city. He looked up at the darkening sky, realizing he needed to find shelter... Fast. He bounded towards the opening and padded into the tunnel, unaware of whatever lived inside. Ratchet walked along the tunnel, his claws clicking on the ground. His large build cast elongated shadows against the wall due to an opening above him. He leapt his nose low to the ground, nostrils flaring as the scent of a feline wafted into his nose. He lifted his head as he came into an opening, spotting a black and white spotted shape laying ontop of a mattress. He passes over and nudged the shape gently with his paw, examining it closely. The cat, Tanya, awoke immediately and threw herself at Rat, digging her claws into his face. He yelped and slunk away into a corner, shaking.
Tanya cocked her head at him, padding closer. Ratchet had no idea this was her territory, and surprisingly had no intention on fighting her. She narrowed her eyes, giving Rat a cold hard stare. "Who are you and why are you here, beast." she said, spitting at the last part. He struggled to find words, stammering aimlessly. "I-I... Uh... You see... I was.. Looking f-for a place to hide, but.... Byron not sure you would know anything about that.. Not saying your dumb or anything, just-" he was cut off as Tanya clawed his muzzle. "Shut up, mangy dog." she narrowed her eyes once more. "Leave or be killed."
"I know the law." Rat said in an attempted argument. "Then obey it." Tanya's tail lashed as she snarled, baring her surprisingly white teeth. "Please... Listen to me just this once.. I'm begging you.." Ratchet said, his voice low. He tucked his tail underneath him. "I don't want to fight. I want to stay humane and try to fight the disease. Just please, let me tag along." he said, cowering. "Ha! Let you...? Of all things... Tag along with... me..?" Tanya's muzzle curled into a mocking smile. "And to think a mutt like you would be so cowardly as to bow before me. Ha!"
Ratchet bowed his head. "This is unlike me, I know, but there are others out there hunting me. Just please, for now atleast?" Tanya eyed Rat, her smile dropping. "Just this once. Any funny business and I will add your pelt to my hide collection." She lifted a paw and pointed to a pile of deer skins in the corner. "That, is your sleeping spot. That," she said gesturing to the mattress, "is my sleeping spot. Understand?" He nodded, understanding every word. "Yes." "Good. Learn that that will be where you sleep until I say, and that you will be the carrier." Tanya said loudly. "You will carry our things when we abandon camp, which it is nearly time to do."

I updated my character info slightly.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:10:02 am by Ashyak »

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2015, 03:02:15 pm »

Daciana & Reima

"So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those stars will always be there to guide you. And so will I."

Letting out another huff, the ex military canine would allow her tail to dust at the wooden floor beneath her, a small cloud of dust forming. Until it quickly vanished in to the air. Arching her head up, the canine would rest on her stomach, glancing out of the window to her left. As per usual, everything returned to being silent, and the skies turned back to their usual grey colouring. The atmosphere now seeming dull and rather sinister. Nothing new for these times though. It was usual for this place. Everything about it was somewhat sinister and frightening. Letting out a low grunt, the large canine would turn her attention off of the skies above and glance back at the weird eyed cat, nodding her head "Yeah, took a painful beating for this place..." she'd mutter before letting out a huff. She remembered that day like it was yesterday. She'd wondered upon this place in recent days of the virus, only to be brutally beaten by a somewhat savage human, obviously infected. Then to be mauled by several other infecteds. Not to mention being shot at. The beatings added to her scent loss, as well as what had happened in the army. Now, it triggers when it wants. Her rasped voice seemed to fade as she craned her head and ran her tongue over her injured paw. From day one she knew she was immune, that attack proving she was right, and the amount of battles she has had, she's lucky the virus doesn't effect her. At the felines next question, she shrugged slightly, then nodded her head. "Aye, believe I do. " she huffed, placing her head on her paws, before continuing to look around the room.

Reima on the other hand continued to glance at Felix, her paw raised, her head tilted and her brows raised as she listened to what the tom had to say. Letting out a grunt, the pup would simply shake her head and push her tongue out of her maw. "Eww .... Whatever you think.." she'd grin, letting out a quiet yip. As the tom soon moved away and headed towards Daciana, she'd shrug and leap up, taking quick paced steps towards the window. Stopping at the large box Daci had pushed over so she was able to see, Reima reared on her hind legs and pulled herself up using her front, hind legs scratching at the box until she was on top. Once up, she sat atop the hard surface and glanced out the window, her paws now set upon the wooden frame as she looked at the empty streets below. Despite everything always seeming boring to the young pup, she knew why it was like this. Daciana had explained everything to her in detail, and if she was honest she didn't like it. She'd catch the next ship out of the city. But she knew her mother wouldn't. And therefore she wouldn't either. Daciana had been here for her over the many months they'd been here, and she'd refuse to leave her side. Placing her head on her paws, Reima let out a huff. Beings a pup meant she wasn't allowed to go out by herself, however within the next few days she'd be fully grown. Then she'd be able to help out a lot more.

Meanwhile Daci had watched the young pup take herself to the window and glance out, her ears flattening a little as a warming smile formed at her lips. At the sudden question from the two cats, she'd look at her paw, at Reima then back at them. Letting out a huff the large canine would simply nod her head "Yes, if you don't mind that is .... Make sure you two stay safe though" her ears flattening a little before turning her attention to Reima as she bounded over. "Were they going?" she'd ask tilting her head, settling down near the slightly larger canine. "To scout and hunt" she'd mutter in her usual rasped tone, nudging the younger canine gently before flopping on to her side. Watching the two felines slowly leave, she'd nod her head. Shuffling down on to her stomach, she'd rest near Daci, as if she was guarding the wounded dog.

So sorry about not posting! I've had exams all week, so its been rather hectic with revision and such. However, I'm finished school for good now!

@Empress-Katniss - Thank you, if you ever wish to join I'd be more than happy to accept you. :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:56:35 pm by Taylor »
DA Account