Author Topic: Markings problems  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Amnesia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Markings problems
« on: August 22, 2015, 04:27:52 pm »
For some reason, and only for some of them, the markings don't show up as the correct one. It has been annoying me for a while. After I get to a point in the markings it just duplicates one from the top. Is there a set amount of markings we are aloud to have? Here are some links to what it looks like.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:03:31 pm by moose »

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Markings problems
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:50:20 pm »
The links that you have provided aren't actually links, it is locations showing were you have gotten those marking images. :) And you can have as many markings as you want, it is not limited. Tinypic.com is the website where you can upload images and then paste the links that you can use for the images to show up by simply adding ['img'](link here)['/img] next to it.

Now, to the point, are these markings that you have made? Because if they are, the layers can duplicate as you save it. When markings are made, there is a layer which you use to create the shape of your markings and another layer which is the alpha channel. You cannot duplicate your color layer with alpha channel, that's why. :3 And I have misunderstood the part where you said it was appearing as the correct one? Do you mean to say it is mixed up with their names? If it is, then there is a mistake done with the marking.cfg file.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:52:14 pm by Ritatalia »

Offline Amnesia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:57:28 pm »
Thanks. I didn't make these markings and the markings that show up are allready there just under another name. The real markings that go with the names don't show up when I try to use them, but they do in the files.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 05:00:28 pm »
Have you installed any marking packs recently or does the issue occur with the default markings? If the former, be sure you installed it correctly. Place all of the marking files in the correct folder and replace the markings.cfg with the one you were given. If the default markings are the problem, there could be duplicate files that need to be deleted or the coding in the markings.cfg needs to be fixed. I would consider reinstalling the game if none of these work. I hope this helps you.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:02:08 pm by Panzram »

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 05:05:49 pm »
Thanks. I didn't make these markings and the markings that show up are allready there just under another name. The real markings that go with the names don't show up when I try to use them, but they do in the files.

Oh, now I can see your problem. What are the names of these markings? :) Look at those names and if they are for felines or canines. Once you have done that, go to the main FH folder and search 'markings.cfg'. Open that file on notepad. For example, if you have a marking named 'cmarkDotsHead', search on notepad on the section [cHead]. If you found something like this 'Dots;cmarkDotsHead.png', but with the name of your marking, it should appear then. So if you don't have it, type below the list: Yourmarkingname;cmarkyourmarkingnameHead.png'. And then save it and go to preset maker. Search for your markings name and load it. :) Just remember to click 'Custom', or you won't see it.

Hope I helped in some way! <3

Offline Amnesia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 05:45:27 pm »
I just re-downloaded the markings and copied and pasted them to the spot they went to. Also with the marking cfg I just dragged that over and let it replace the original one and it is still doing it. They look correct. I have no idea why it's only half of the markings that is doing this.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:59:50 pm »
You made sure to paste the files into your Feralheart > media > textures folder, correct? If you've done everything the download required for you to do, it should work.  Try double checking the coding in your markings.cfg and see if everything is alright. If so, then your game must be causing the issue itself. Perhaps reinstalling it might solve the issue?

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »
You made sure to paste the files into your Feralheart > media > textures folder, correct? If you've done everything the download required for you to do, it should work.  Try double checking the coding in your markings.cfg and see if everything is alright. If so, then your game must be causing the issue itself. Perhaps reinstalling it might solve the issue?

Yes, do as Panzram has said. Double check if all the files are there, amybe have of the marking files are not available there without you noticing? If not, then try redownloading the game and doing it again.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 06:10:37 pm »
Hi there, Moose. I would suggest redownloading Feral-heart, in case you've accidentally removed or damaged an essential file. If you want to save certain files (presets, maps, etc) be sure to create a separate folder (not inside the Feral-heart folder) to put them in. That way, when you've finished uninstalling and reinstalling the game, you won't lose anything that you've worked on. Once you've redownloaded the game, see if it's still acting up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:18:16 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Amnesia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 06:30:42 pm »
I re-downloaded the game once more. But is there something wrong with Aug 22 mass markings? I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and downloaded them once more and after a point the markings just start to show up as the default ones.