Author Topic: Do you ever get anxious when trying to role-play?  (Read 2590 times)

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
Do you ever get anxious when trying to role-play?
« on: September 26, 2015, 12:18:23 pm »
I was curious.

Me, I do a lot. In fact, it's so bad.. I still haven't joined a role-play group or made one for myself. I'm to scared that someone might not like me or something like that. So I hide at SB for someone brave to come up and say hi. hehe

How about you?

-NEW-

For those that are just reading this... would anyone be particularly amused if I created a " How to deal with Anxiety in Feral heart ." Thread over in the Member made tutorial section? 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:37:10 pm by Chyle »

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever get anxious when trying to role-play?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 01:54:52 pm »
You know, I don't really know that actually feels. xD I have never roleplayed in Feralheart (which is a disappointment to myself) but I'm guessing you feel nervous and have different thoughts racing in your head. It's not a good thing to really worry about what people will think of you when you roleplay, you'll lose your self esteem and have no confidence. It's always a good thing to stay confident about what is going to come and what you'll do because if they know you do that, they'll like you. It doesn't matter if you're not that skilled in roleplaying, it matters that you follow the rules of it, respect them and show that you care. Although that is said, I still do have times where I get a little anxious but when I get used to the environment and people, I have a fun and pleasant time with them rather think about the dark side. :3 But, I get what you mean.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:15:02 pm »
Oh gosh yes all the time.

I have social anxiety, and it makes it incredibly hard to roleplay or join groups. When I first joined Feralheart, I could talk to anyone easily, but now I'm terrified to even go out into a public map out of fear of someone pointing out something in my character or otherwise making fun of me in some way. Even if I do go out in a public map, I just hide in some random corner of the map in a bush or something. There's so many groups I want to join, or even have joined and want to participate in--but I just get so nervous and anxious. I always feel as if my roleplaying isn't good enough, the members don't like me, that I'll be ruining the roleplay, etc. and just don't get on. I usually try to drag friends into groups so I'm not so lonely and don't get as worried, but it's still pretty terrifying to roleplay with random strangers.

/rambling over/ But yeah, I agree with you, Chyle. This is why I hide in Lonely Cave just staring at my own characters so much xD

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 02:15:08 pm »
I think at some point, many floofs get anxious about this.
I, myself, do feel a twinge of anxiety when I'm about to join a group or whatnot.
Mostly because my brain just takes me to "omg what if you don't roleplay like them" or "omg what if they don't like the way you roleplay" or "omg what if they're super literate and you look stupid."

It's perfectly natural to feel a bit uncomfortable when getting involved with complete strangers in-game, so fret not, dear.

As Rita mentioned above, it doesn't matter your "level" of literacy or how long you've been roleplaying all together, all that matters is you follow the game and rp rules, and have fun with it!
You shouldn't feel pressured to conform to the way a group does things. Just be you!

When you get right down to it, overcoming this anxiety all comes down to you just being yourself!
Remember it's just a game, and most of the time, other floofs are there for the same reasons!
If they don't like who you really are, then in my opinion they're not worth hanging around. Be it a group, or an individual fellow roleplayer.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 02:23:43 pm »
YES! I don't really RP  anymore tho :(. But I was always anxious to type fast so I could stay in the scene, but then would end up miss typing something D: But I mean I got over it, you just have to find a group you really fit in with and feel comfortable being yourself with.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 02:25:27 pm »
Yes.

Yes I do.

Especially if the person I am roleplaying with is well-known.
that just g u a r a n t e e s i  t

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »
Thank you everyone! It's nice to see that some others feel the same and that the rest are able to offer positive support in these times. Thank you all very, very much! <3

DreamerDay

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 06:11:45 pm »
Actually, yes! I just feel the excitement whenever I start a new roleplay. But then it dies down when the partner ditches me. This is why i stop doing roleplays

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 10:52:34 pm »
Yes i do a lot, only if i haven't roleplayed with them before.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 10:55:01 pm »
i tend to leave RPs because of my horrid anxiety.
i make up things like "i have to go" and stuff a lot