Author Topic: What Are Your FeralHeart Pet Peeves?  (Read 6635 times)

Offline wolvesanddragons

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your FeralHeart Pet Peeves?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 06:08:48 pm »
-people who wear a preset and leave their characters at default, making people unable to get an idea of what they look like unless they download it.

-me leaving groups, I always feel so bad, I don't want to hurt peoples feelings so I just leave without saying goodbye.

-when every single person in a group has to look exactly the same with no variations.

-there always seems to be a lack of elders in rps.

-when cubs/pups etc join a group but no one wants to be a parent and so there's unexplained orphans everywhere.

-when there's a realistic rp and if you ask one question people think you don't know anything and go over a bunch of unnecessary things irrelevant to the original question.

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »
Wolf-speakers being let into "literate" roleplays. I immediately leave groups that allow in wolf-speakers, because I cannot roleplay with them. I know it makes them feel more literate, and I'm not going to rant, but wolf-speak is the misusing of "fancy" words to the point of being unreadable to me.

When the login page refreshes and logs you out. I have to log off the game, log into the login page, wait a minute, then get back in to avoid crashing. It's annoying because I'm always roleplaying, and I often miss a post or two. During a battle or conversation scene, this is very frustrating as I have to ask what I missed.

The eyebrows. I don't know why, but I don't like the eyebrow texture.

Default characters who have presets. Please, give us a hint to what your preset may look like.

This one is kind of nitpicky, but when people don't begin a continued role-play post with "<" or "<<". It can lead to problems when you being the next post with "/" to show thought or emphasis, and can sometimes be confusing. I don't call anyone out on it, but it is just slightly frustrating when I see someone in group chat freak out because they started their post with "/" and sent it and now it didn't show up.

People being alienated because of their unrealistic character design. I can see someone saying "Whoa, you're character design is blinding!" and not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings, but calling others "sparkle dogs/cats" can be offensive.

People that think it's okay to bang in Ficho or Bonfire. You shouldn't be doing that in the first place, but at least do it in a private map.

Unwanted group rivalries. If you're all part of one overarching role-play, it's fine to have some pack/pride/Clan/tribe rivalry, just not if everyone is separate. This mostly applies to mappless groups in Fluorite. If anyone remembers ShatteredClan, they were a wonderful example of unwanted rivalry. I remember role-playing as a kit, and ShatteredClan came and attacked us out of nowhere.

One-dimensional personalities. These are cliche characters that are lazy just because, evil just because, etc, and don't have any other personality traits. They have some cliche backstory, or the creator didn't make one at all. I have an insane character, but he's so much more than just insane; he's a protective brother, willing to die if it meant his sister would live, and that has a reason behind it. He's got the capabilities of being a devoted boyfriend, and so much more than just insane. It's the one-dimensional characters that are the way they are just because they can be, and have no reason to be, and have no quirks or other personality traits.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:33:13 pm by Whatever. »

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 05:56:12 am »
artwork by dehvina

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 08:18:46 pm »

-characters that are mary sues in the abstract sense, meaning they think they're above any character traits that other charries may have. (ex. let's say you have an extremely charming character but nobody actually role-plays being charmed, thus ruining the role-play and part of your character. exception if they have a trait to counter-act yours, like asexuality.)

I think I might have found an example of this pet peeve of yours.

-I do have a pet peeve for people who make characters that have to remind everyone how "beautiful and charming" they are every five minutes or so. It's even worse when they try to seduce those of the opposite sex all the time, and then they get mad when they get rejected. "But why?! I'm the most beautiful one in the pride/pack! You should adore my charm and beauty!" Sure your character may be pretty to some, but not everyone is going to feel the same way. Beauty is subjective after all.

-Then there are powerplayers.

-People who try to interrupt a roleplay.

-Those who go around asking/begging random people to be their mates/parents/children/etc.

-The "vengeance seekers". Pretty much people who get denied/rejected for whatever reason, and they try to get back at the ones who rejected them. For example, a female wolf asked someone to be her mate. He refused her advances, so she tries to insta-kill him for rejecting her. Or a lion cub goes up to a group of lionesses with their cubs and starts asking for one of the lionesses to take him/her as their cub. They say "no", and the cub tries to kill some of the other cubs out of revenge for being denied. I've seen it happen.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:20:32 pm by ?Lady_Alizarin? »
Inactive

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 05:25:44 am »
The only things I have problems with are:

-People who powerplay or just...rp impossible stuff(Like one time I watched a couple of lion cubs grab full grown King Simba and throw him off a cliff)

People that bug you. Omg, when you get online and the first thing they do is whisper you wanting you to do this or begging to rp.

-Mate beggars. No...just no....

And that's really about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to this stuff.

Offline OutofBreath

• Yasamin
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • gone from feralheart but not from chickens
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 05:51:36 am »
1. Swearing or being rude.
2. Dark characters with dark backstories.
3. Really strict groups.
4. Extreme violence.
5. People who try to eat the chickens at Stone Bridge ;)
6. Pups/cubs attacking the chickens while RPing.
profile picture by IsabellaGraceS

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 06:14:31 am »
I'm mostly calm about these sort of things, until it's taken to an extent...
o Chat Being Flooded With Unnecessary Spamming.
o Characters Pretending To Be Illiterate / Trolls ( I Find This Rude Sometimes ).
o CAPS Being Used Way Too Much.
o Rude Behavior Overall.
o Fights Over Characters Or Someone 'Copying.'
o Strictness Overall.

And That's About It , The List Goes On .  . But Again , I'm Mostly Calm About These Things.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 08:24:57 am »
Realizing all too late that I didn't click on the chat box before trying to type something in.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 03:17:06 pm »
-Being unable to place objects as if they were on a grid in the map editor. xD
-People that join a group and never get on, and then wonder why it's dead. -.-
-Being left with a dead group. :'c
-WolfSpeak (Speak the language you'd speak every day... it's not a contest!) >.<
-Every time I log in I have to look for the character I want to use. xD
-Myself (For always thinking too much and never really doing anything.) xD
-The lag from looking at a large group of players... ;.;
-People who always just want to RP or try to get a group to RP right after joining with no idea of what to RP. (Seriously there's no need to rush.) o.o
-The ones who complain about 'copied' characters that used the default textures/markings etc.
-Tailless characters... Idk why but it really just throws me off every time I see one.
That pretty much sums it up for me! :D
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.