Author Topic: [~Supportive Idea's for Community Issues~]  (Read 35250 times)

slycan

Re: Unethical or Awareness ? - Less Moan - More Support.
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 03:37:28 am »
~Video Talking about Cyber Bullying; includes bad language~
h.ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZiRT8Nwkk

This isn't to contradict myself; but this is to say that our community aren't the whiny, suicidal idiots that trolls and other artistic communities think FH is. We can do are better than that ;3

but yes cyber bullying isn't the same as real life bullying, it's just it seems that most other games keep it order control better ( because yes, it is indeed against the law and blah blah)

last thing I want is some 9 year old member running into a group of pedo-bear 40 year old in-game then gets trolled by the pack because he didn't yiff them in group-chat, then rage quits and next thing you know he's in the tub drowning in his own blood with a note saying "Ppl were mean to me in FeralHeart, I just wanted to find a m8 but then got ganged up on.. byes"
Keep your channels on NBC's Dateline and tell me when FH pop's up on How to Catch a Predator...

Just kiddin.. like that would happen...
>_>''
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:08:16 am by Slycan »

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2011, 03:38:21 am »
I don't see anyone really saying that this game is equivalent to real life. More or less there's dispute whether or not to simply ignore the issue and let trouble makers continue on being trouble makers, or if there should be away to slow down the lack of discipline in-game. These are becoming major cases of harassment/exploiting. Not saying being ban-happy is the answer, but going to the next extreme where they think they can't get away with doing anything? - Hm.. nothing like coming into a game, and the moment it's done loading you have to start blocking 10+ people all the time in each map you waltz into.

Using block button in Feralheart is like trying to use lotion to stop hepatitis. It may stop the itching, but it's still nasty. ;P
About time to get some doctors maybe?

+1 for you, but telling the people on the map to block them means no attention for them, and no attention means failure at trolling.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2011, 03:51:52 am »
last thing I want is some 9 year old member running into a group of pedo-bear 40 year old in-game then gets trolled by the pack because he didn't yiff them in group-chat, then rage quits and next thing you know he's in the tub drowning in his own blood with a note saying "Ppl were mean to me in FeralHeart, I just wanted to find a m8 but then got ganged up on.. byes"
Keep your channels on NBC's Dateline and tell me when FH pop's up on How to Catch a Predator...

Just kiddin.. like that would happen...
>_>''

Mkay, this just caught me off guard. o.o Knowing that something like this could happen (if someone is bullied enough), that makes me want to help the FH community even more. D: I mean, whenever I hear of someone committing suicide over bullying, it just tears me, because I realize there's people out there in this world that think they are SO superior to everyone else and that they can do whatever the bleh they want. ._. No. Just no.

Ritza

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2011, 03:58:17 am »
Okay then, what are we going to do then? Something needs to be done. Wall of shame them? Have the moderators go ban happy? Assign more moderators? :o Pick your poison!

@Slycan: That is bad, that video...that guy sadly the way he was saying it was slightly comical and I found myself chuckling at parts and then glaring at him in other parts. Understand though here he and you are coming from though.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:00:22 am by Ritzaloveforever »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2011, 04:01:59 am »
  All of the above.

And we can also probably do something ourselves, go out on patrols and find these people, and do something about it. Screenshot them and report them, send the screenies to mods, warn these people what they are doing is wrong. Our own little parade against these fools. Our own FH army of troll seekers XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Ritza

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2011, 04:04:57 am »
Sounds fun are you in game right now? xD Oooo snap vigilante justice ftw :D

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2011, 04:07:14 am »
Yeah. C: Going out a screen-shotting would be a good idea. I mean, there has to be some way we can help out the mods. :3
xD It does sound like fun, actually. Especially when you call it 'FH Army Of Troll Seekser' xD!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2011, 04:10:21 am »
  Not right now But I can be XD Ooh, we need vigilante names XD Ritzagirl and Kyugimaperson And Sylphtron.... That just sounds weird XD

I think the place that needs the most sorting out is bonfire island though, I don't see too much going on in Flourite plains when i am on, but I think I might just be missing it or something...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Ritza

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2011, 04:12:46 am »
Oh you missed it. I can tell you that one right now. Okay. I'll meet you all in bonfire! Just let me teleport really quick. xD

And those names make US seem like trolls xDDDDD Lulz

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2011, 04:34:09 am »
Oh it goes on in Fluorite Plains alright.  It's incredibly ridiculous. It ranges from rapefests, swearing to high heaven and just incredibly vulgar things in general.

:\ we really do not want to know what goes on down below *insert username here*. And then I find it kind of ironic that they then whine about not having any online friends >_>

EDIT:
Was told to mention this from one of my PMs :B

" I generally feel that when you report people it goes unheard so I just kinda don't do it anymore and just block people x_X. I get tired of reporting people then waiting and waiting and nothing happens. "

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:47:31 am by Draak »