Author Topic: [~Supportive Idea's for Community Issues~]  (Read 35248 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Unethical or Awareness ? - Less Moan - More Support.
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2011, 01:51:03 am »
I am going to a 21st today, I won't be able to make it, but tomorrow I'm free, so I'll be on then XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2011, 03:02:35 am »
I don't want to sound like a party pooper but...isn't trying to tell the trolls off going against the old "Don't feed the trolls" thing?
It's why I don't go scolding them whenever I see them plaster themselves all over General chat.

I've seen Trolls disobey Mods right infont of their face too. Course the Mods have the advantage of using a ban on them when they do.

And for the record, yesterday I went back on again and saw that the trolls I saw earlier hadn't been dealt with.

Ritza

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2011, 03:10:27 am »
Yeah Draak I know what you mean by "don't feed the trolls." But really there aren't a lot of trolls. We have Trolls and then we have Ogres, Ogres are like mini trolls, these ogres don't troll if a Troll isn't around. But as soon as the Troll gets on all of a sudden the ogres open their mouths and start to "troll" as well. Get rid of the ring leaders and you get rid of the ogres. 

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2011, 03:47:29 am »
This is the first I've heard of "Ogres" XD
But yeah you're right with that whole situation. It's like "Woah where'd they all come from O_o"

I'm going to agree on that too, since it sounds plausible. It's like a hive, kill the Queen and the rest of the hive will die out. And of course if the little "ogres" step up they'll just get the banhammer too XD

slycan

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2011, 03:48:56 am »

... it's like reading and WarCraft manual from the 90's

Ritza

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 04:21:37 am »
I can think of four "queen bees" Troll's that I've seen. Ogres never really bother me until they open their mouths when their "queens" come around.

@Draak Ogres ftl! :D
@Slycan Is it bad that I didn't know what that was until I google searched it? :/

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2011, 04:56:35 am »
I know of one definate "Queen Bee" troll that's on during my time. I've blocked them XD. When that person is on...augh. They have quite the legion of  little ogres. I really wish that user would be dealt with, but I really don't want to unblock them as they have trolled me. I've reported them and their crew but ugh they don't get dealt with.
I know they're still there because their name always gets mentioned in the General Chat.

Ritza

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 05:02:21 am »
That brings me to another idea. There needs to be some report notification system where after they deal with whoever you reported it pops up upon your next sign it saying something like. "Moderator has reviewed your report." Doesn't have to be long, just has to let people know that they aren't being ignored.

@Draak, I think we're on the same page, we're probably thinking of the same troll group because they come on the same time each night. And I'm thinking we're thinking about at least one of the "Queen trolls" that's on during this time. Yes I agree with you, they need to be handled. :/ With them, I most def say don't fight fire with fire, you need to fight their fire with intelligence and professionalism.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2011, 05:26:13 am »
That notification system would be really good, since the only way you can really get a response from a mod is if you PM them with screenshots/telling them what's going on. >_> but even then sometimes you don't get a response.
Or say...in the chatbox you get a kind of message that's like a Whisper saying that "MOD*INSERTNUMBER* has reviewed your report".

I think we might be too, because yeah they generally come on at the same time of day. I'm pretty sure they'd be online now or maybe a little bit later and then they're on for a few hours.

I really do think FH needs some more mods, just so they can cover the timezones so there's no gaps when they're not on. So the mods that they have now don't have to be online for hours and hours and the reports get spread around a bit more.

Ritza

« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2011, 05:34:09 am »
Well Draak it's really up to the administrators if they assign more in game moderators. We can bother poor Slycan here all we want, and there's really nothing Sly can do about it except do the same thing we can do, which is PM an admin. :/

Yeah they are on the same time each day. Its actually kind of sad that we know who the local plains troll group is.