Author Topic: Evil Characters?  (Read 18129 times)

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Characters?
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2011, 11:15:11 am »
XD agreed, and i guess my talent for rping evil characters comes from my ability of writing stories, for most of my characters are forced into working for an evil person, eventually turning to a *evil* or *Do what they think is right* characters. -shrugs- its also fun to rp them evil when you can rp them really good, it takes a lot of talent to rp a evil character, as stated before. ive also watched a lot of things with evil dudes so im like, used to being around them, watching them, rping them, rping with them ECT.
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Ritza

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2011, 01:20:14 am »
I guess when I look at real criminals and those we truly call "evil" in real life, and then I look at these characters that have been passed off verbally as "evil" I think a puke a little bit in my mouth. For example:

I am Darth Vader, I am evil, I love flowers, and llamas, and Stacey's mom has got it going on, dude did you see her last night? Man, I wish I was that guy with her. . .FUUUUU UUUUU *stabstabstab* Dude that was fun, now lets go grab a beer. . .

^ Yeah no.

I think the unspoken aspect of evil is much better than some raging Darth Vader type figure.

Also with the harry potter villains thing, like he's not a sparkle animal that goes around killing people, his character has depth, the developmental stage is obviously there, and his creator sat down, and took time to write a story about why each character, and whatever house would be considered "evil" I never felt like (even though I greatly dislike Harry Potter) that the villains fell short. They reached their bar of "evil" without seeming completely fake. I think that might be the problem with RP characters that are "evil" people just don't take enough time to think past "I had a bad time with that girl so I killed her  and now I kill you all."

Look at your life persay for instance, I'm sure we have all had a bad experience, and we aren't serial killing mass murders with a vendetta against grandma and grandpa. And if we are, they why does Earth still exist? :P

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2011, 02:28:32 am »
I think that might be the problem with RP characters that are "evil" people just don't take enough time to think past "I had a bad time with that girl so I killed her  and now I kill you all."

Look at your life persay for instance, I'm sure we have all had a bad experience, and we aren't serial killing mass murders with a vendetta against grandma and grandpa. And if we are, they why does Earth still exist? :P

I agree, I dunno if there's anything I can add xD

LarkPash

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 04:11:56 pm »
For those honestly attempting evil characters out there there is an obvious explanation behind it in human psychology. All people have a need to be accepted and wanted. If we can't do that we find other means.

Evil characters are created by a user when they have a need for power. If they can not get respect from other users they make a "cool" evil character that will be respected in a role-play and/or by others in general. And through admiration of others who like the bad attitude of this evil character the user in mention will gain the attention they sought. The user originally may not have had friends but at least they are heard of and feel special with the evil character.

It's the simple human desire for companionship blown out of proportions!  :D

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2011, 02:13:45 am »
Evil characters are created by a user when they have a need for power. If they can not get respect from other users they make a "cool" evil character that will be respected in a role-play and/or by others in general. And through admiration of others who like the bad attitude of this evil character the user in mention will gain the attention they sought. The user originally may not have had friends but at least they are heard of and feel special with the evil character.

I have to disagree there, two of my closest friends have "evil" characters and they are not on a quest for power. Same goes for me too.

Unless you're referring to the nooby evil characters.

Yorky

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »
Maybe they want characters with a lot of power?Not sure.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:52:49 am by 43luva »

Offline copper4me

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I don't play that much anymore but I'm here, hello
    • copper4me
    • achievementcast
    • copper4me
    • copper4me18
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2011, 10:06:36 pm »
Well a lot of People Like evil Characters Cause there Like Monsters Like from APocalpyse city Theres a Skinned Dog creature that hunts all the animals at night so It seems to Be fun to them and they Like the Monsters and Creatures and stuff.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2011, 02:32:28 am »
...lolwut? |D

Maybe they want characters with a lot of power?Not sure.

I think it depends on who's making the character. But then again there can be powerful good characters too.

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2011, 05:19:02 am »
I'm going to be brutally honest and say most of them are laughable, mostly because they're generally along the lines of "I AM FIREDEATH. I CAN KILL YOU IN ONE SHOT. DO NOT MAKE ME MAD. RRRR." or "DONT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT. I AM A DEMON AND WILL KILL YOU. GET OUT." and finally "MY PARENTS DIED IN A FIRE AND MY PACK HAS DED. SO I GOT ANGRY AND NOW I'M EVIL DON'T TOUCH ME OR YOU WILL DIE."

I don't think I've seen any decent evil characters at all O_o aside from my friend's and mine. (And when I say decent I mean not what I mentioned above).

Although it is fun to rp back at them and watch them run away because you don't bow down to them |DDD. This one time, some random threw a tantrum because Ren wouldn't accept the rabbit they caught and dumped infront of him. He got the "DONT DISOBEY ME. EAT THE RABBIT. I AM THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION." ordeal. Ren thought it was hilarious and kept laughing at them and they ended up cracking a hissy fit and running away because Ren couldn't take them seriously.

I think what Slycan means is that...you can be mean and cruel, however since it's strictly between characters/IC and not 'OOC' it's not ban-able because it's not you yourself speaking.

....I think evil characters are an odd, yet headachy way of venting. Back in the TEF days, I'd organise fights/get permission from others for Ren to uh "be Ren" against and it kind of felt like a digital stress ball XD; however I never did this often since Ren has a bad habit of wanting to kill others that make him angry >_>; which of course I can't do for obvious reasons.
Evil characters are appealling because they go against the norm and give off the "rebel" and "bad boy" vibes which most people seem to like.

Mutaclone is a decent evil character, he's not even canine/feline originally, he's a bipedal mechanical dolphinmonster with incomplete programming but yet an advanced AI. He lacks most everything on the positive side of the emotional spectrum and is often spiteful towards landwalking creatures and humans, since he was never originally one. He often thinks of him and his species as superior. (because creating floating water tubes several miles over land definately makes you superior).

He abandoned his clan after he was defeated before becoming a landwalker. his conscious being can be moved from one body to another manually. He's a real fun guy to roleplay but due to his unnatural strengths/lack of weaknesses, i often don't. he's the adopted older brother to my main character Motoko (who is humanoid).

There is much more of a past to Mutaclone, but i often don't tell the entire thing, that's yours to find out via request.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:20:45 am by Motoko »
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline Sirana

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2011, 01:47:43 pm »
becuase evil charrys have that happy-go-lucky cackle to them and the sassy comebacks! Tho im not saying Maya was evil, she is just a sassy pants! XD
A proud member of Omada Mazi http://omada-mazi.proboards.com/index.cgi