Author Topic: Minecraft!  (Read 68841 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Minecraft!
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2011, 07:52:09 pm »
  For some reason my map is invisible. When I hold it I can see it of course, but the little slot where it is looks empty. I think one of my mods is conflicting... I know it's not TMI, before I just had TMI and I could see the map fine.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline [~*_*~]

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Peekaboo.
    • View Profile
    • Leo's Pride -Underconstruction
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:43 pm »
Minecraft looks stupid to me, i dont know why... no offence.. :L

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2011, 09:47:11 pm »
Well you should try it so you can see if you actually think its stupid or not :P

Anyways, yeah that does suck that you guys cant pay for it. Im surprised you don't have a Paypal, Teal! I didn't have one before either though. I just asked my friend to buy it for me with his, and I paid him back in person.

Wow, I totally forgot about maps! I haven't even tried crafting one yet. Oh well, I dont really need them. Minecraft has made my sense of direction really good. I can get lost and find my way back home most times, just fine.

Also, I stumbled across this scene while running around on my friends server. At one point they went a little crazy with the TNT. Poor squids, they seem to be panicking!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »
  Yeah, it does suck. As well as my mum thinking that if I have a paypal I'm going to be scammed :/ I'm smarter than that mum, truly I am. Although she is right that if she let me live on my own I'd become a animal hoarder... But that's another topic entirely...

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2011, 03:37:38 am »
Wow, I totally forgot about maps! I haven't even tried crafting one yet. Oh well, I dont really need them. Minecraft has made my sense of direction really good. I can get lost and find my way back home most times, just fine.

Also, I stumbled across this scene while running around on my friends server. At one point they went a little crazy with the TNT. Poor squids, they seem to be panicking!

*SQUID IMAGE*

8o I feel kinda bad for laughing at those poor squids XD; |D

I rely on my map and compass so much, I have piles upon piles of trees and everything always ends up looking the same if I wander off.

I downloaded Mo'Creatures :B So far I've only seen Dolphins.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2011, 03:45:34 am »
Can someone explain to me how to install texture packs, mods and custom maps? I haven't tried it yet but I'd like it explained xD

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2011, 04:00:47 am »
I suck at explaining XD but here's what you do generally:

(I got this off of the Mo Creatures mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v166-mo-creatures-v2103-with-even-fewer-bunnies/)

Download GUI Api and ModLoader plus AudioMod

You need to install the four files either manually or by using TFC's ModManager: run the TFC's Mod Manager and drag and drop the .zip files into the TFC ModManager, click on the 'finish modding button' and you're done

How to install the mod manually:

please install Modloader, AudioMod and GUI Api FIRST!!!! and then:
1. Make a backup of your minecraft.jar file
2. locate your .minecraft folder
3. copy the MoCreatures.zip file inside your \.minecraft folder
4. unzip the MoCreatures file inside that folder
5. Play

It's a bit different when you install the things like AudioMod and the others mentioned there. You have to open the Minecraft.jar file with something like WinZip and then copy paste stuff into it.

(This is from the Modloader How to http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/75440-v166-risugamis-mods-updates/)
Windows:
1) Open up %appdata%, if you don't know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
3) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
4) Drag and drop the necessary files into the jar.
5) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
6) Run Minecraft, enjoy!

TealSkeletore

« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2011, 04:16:49 am »
Thanks for that Draak~ one problem though. I don't think my Minecraft has a folder and it sorta saves all of itself in its an exe? Idk I think it's because of the site I got it from and because it's not registered or anything. If it's any help, I got it from here: http://crsplace.blogspot.com/p/games.html but it got removed. The youtube video explaining how to get it got removed as well D;

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2011, 05:29:45 am »
  Go to your startn menu and type in the search box %appdata%, it should show up as .minecraft, and considering this is where all the textures and stuff is I guess it's neccessary so you should have it.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2011, 07:08:00 am »
UM.
hmm

If it's any help, this is where my Minecraft folder is: C:\Documents and Settings\*MYUSERNAMEISHEREERASES*\Application Data\.minecraft
Maybe try and see if it's in the same location?

The Application Data folder is hidden though so you'd have to go through uh...it's in options somewhere to make them visible.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:09:40 am by Draak »