Author Topic: Preset Not Showing  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Delay

• yeah but Red took me to Prom
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 128
    • delayni
    • annoyingdelay
    • View Profile
    • Delayni on DeviantART
Re: Preset Not Showing
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 08:09:07 pm »
OH FFF I JUST remembered this.

Okay. here's an issue that a friend of mine had had before.

Say your username is 'Kaylah', just like that. If you have logged on, you might have typed 'kaylah' into the loggin box. While this will allow you to loggin, this will also affect your preset when you export, making it 'kaylah' - thus not the exact same (in capitalization) as your username.

Yes, the presets ARE case sensitive! They will not work if your username is not the exact capitalization as it was when you registered!

So go ingame, type the correct capitalization into the loggin box, go to preset maker, and re-export it. This will hopefully export the preset correctly, and once you send it to your pals, it should work.

Offline Skelizard

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I love Beagles. c:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 12:58:23 am »
OH FFF I JUST remembered this.

Okay. here's an issue that a friend of mine had had before.

Say your username is 'Kaylah', just like that. If you have logged on, you might have typed 'kaylah' into the loggin box. While this will allow you to loggin, this will also affect your preset when you export, making it 'kaylah' - thus not the exact same (in capitalization) as your username.

Yes, the presets ARE case sensitive! They will not work if your username is not the exact capitalization as it was when you registered!

So go ingame, type the correct capitalization into the loggin box, go to preset maker, and re-export it. This will hopefully export the preset correctly, and once you send it to your pals, it should work.
Yeah, I worked that out too. My username is correct on my preset export and it still won't show. :(

Visit my art gallery!--> http://skelizard.deviantart.com
~DO NOT CLICK~ -->
http://gpxplus.net/user/Skelizard

Offline katiebug1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Zolo TEC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 04:34:10 pm »
I am having this same problem. It would be nice if some one fixed it.
Zolo (TEC)

Character is ZoloTec (belongs to me) art by ~Thyme~

Offline kiekowolf

• Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • Im That Person you always see in the corner.^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 02:34:15 am »
Same problem I have done exactly what you have done  skelizard and none of my friends can see m preset and they put it it in the right place too. I can see my friends preset but she can't see mine. I am very annoyed with this and hope that someone can fix it or figure it out. Your not alone I'm with you.

CloudFish

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 04:39:49 pm »
Nothing anyone can do to fix it but you. You say your friends are not able to see yes? As Delay has stated, presets must be case sensitive to your registered usename.

CloudFish as is my registered user; and so it must be in the login box. After your name is absolutely correct, you should be able to export and the fhp. file will be the same as your registered login, caps sensitive, yes?

The fhp file should then be placed in your friends' presets folder, not my_presets. Honestly this should work no problem as long as you are following directed instructions given by prior posts. 

Offline kiekowolf

• Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • Im That Person you always see in the corner.^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 10:53:23 pm »
I have done all of that and it still will not work. My friend downloads presets all the time in fact she was the one who showed me how to download presets. All she sees and all anyone else sees who downloads my preset is default colors. I really want to get this figured out because i spent 3 days on my preset an i really would hate for other people not to see it in rp.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 05:33:03 am »
Double check all of these things.

Start fresh, so delete the exported preset uve made so far. (Not The Files but the fhp. file)
Long onto your account exactly as you signed up on game
Log off and now go to preset maker and load your preset
Make sure everything on ur preset is working
Now export it, and make sure you know exactly what it exported as
Go to ur folder and copy that preset, and upload it to a hosting site like mediafire etc.
Get your friends to download it, in meantime log of ur FH and restart it, and edit your selected character so it is wearing that designated preset.
Now as your friends log on they will see it.

If youve done this exactly as ive said it should work, if not then u simply might need to reinstall game/edit preset perhaps, or ur friends arent installing it correctly, because there shouldn't be anything blocking anyone from seeing ur preset.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:34:35 am by Ouuka »