Author Topic: Darki's Not-So-Complete List of Cliches  (Read 11829 times)

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
Re: Darki's Not-So-Complete List of Cliches
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 05:51:42 pm »
wow pretty loong list of clishes...
now i would like to ask questions, which popped in my head:
what character is not clishe then? what past is not clishe? what personality is not clishe? what appearance is not clishe? what species is not clishe?(lol actually the most clishe is wolf and lion)
these are serious questions actually.
i do see a few things listed that arent really that much clishe.
For example the personalities. there is no clishe personality. You and your char behave how you do, how you want to, according to your mood or the rp youre in.

just a few thoughts...

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 10:28:33 pm »
You know, I'd love to make a sort of sister topic to this about how to beat cliches/make your character original.  Mind if I do that, Kori?
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline IceDarki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Hurr, durr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 11:00:24 pm »
You know, I'd love to make a sort of sister topic to this about how to beat cliches/make your character original.  Mind if I do that, Kori?

That would be awesome, Paradox.
You can use some of the stuff I already listed in the "So, your character's a Cliche" section. ;3

cheetac19

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 11:13:25 pm »
I'm kinda confused about this list o.0 According to this list is seems like your character would have to have some completely random series of letters for a name and be something like a weasel with a crazy color combination to not be cliche XD I don't mean to sound rude if I did. Heh, it just seems like every character  I've ever seen in my entire life falls under this list in at least one or two ways.

~And yes, I'm aware that my sona Moonshade is pretty cliche with the name and all :P
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:21:21 pm by Moonshade »

Kreapaer

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 05:05:58 pm »
Ugh... I agree with Moonshade.  There seems to be only a few ways out of being labled an automatic 'Cliche'.  And that seems to be A)Be Neon, yo'  B)Be totally normal-ish perfect with no qualms  or C)Yea, make up some letters and mush em' together.

Nonono, not trying to bash you, but, I have to stand up for a couple of the more sensible cliche babies... Why?  Because it can start some really cool RP for a good amount of time.  Some people just get bored with the usual Lion or Wolf RP.  People all have different minds, and want to try and spice RP up as best they can.  Whether or not people agree with them is up to who is there.  Ciaossu~

Offline IceDarki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Hurr, durr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 11:38:05 pm »
Ugh... I agree with Moonshade.  There seems to be only a few ways out of being labled an automatic 'Cliche'.  And that seems to be A)Be Neon, yo'  B)Be totally normal-ish perfect with no qualms  or C)Yea, make up some letters and mush em' together.

Nonono, not trying to bash you, but, I have to stand up for a couple of the more sensible cliche babies... Why?  Because it can start some really cool RP for a good amount of time.  Some people just get bored with the usual Lion or Wolf RP.  People all have different minds, and want to try and spice RP up as best they can.  Whether or not people agree with them is up to who is there.  Ciaossu~

NARGH. I've noticing that too.

That's why I let Paradox make a guide to originality.....I'll link it up on the first post. :D

Ritza

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 03:54:24 am »
I'm kinda confused about this list o.0 According to this list is seems like your character would have to have some completely random series of letters for a name and be something like a weasel with a crazy color combination to not be cliche XD I don't mean to sound rude if I did. Heh, it just seems like every character  I've ever seen in my entire life falls under this list in at least one or two ways.

~And yes, I'm aware that my sona Moonshade is pretty cliche with the name and all :P

Yeah agreed, please tell me according to your list, what isn't a cliche character? Can you do a quick character bio of what you wouldn't believe to be cliche?

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 04:04:12 am »
Herpaderp, originality guide got bumped to the second page with all the thread necro-ing.  Click here to see it, though.
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 04:22:22 am »
  Urg, the thread necroing IS getting annoying. And thank you for the originality guide and cliche guide, they are helpful for those who want to do something good in their RP inmstead of boring people with things they have seen a million times.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 11:46:37 am »
Tch, the most cliche character I have is Nyverin, but her personality is strongly based off the religious personification of Demons, Motoko is from an Anime and she's still not cliche, I have a breed called Reapers, and I roleplay things from Monster Hunter.

^ still not even caring if she's cliche, none of the above are godmodders ftw.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness