Author Topic: Dogs of Japan -- Lit+ All Canine Roleplay -- Updated News & Rules  (Read 52964 times)

the cub

Re: Dogs of Japan -- Lit+ All Canine Roleplay -- Updated News & Rules
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »
I'm so sorry I haven't been on lately... I have been playing Impressive Title... and my character glitched so I had to recreate... expect a group invite... so sorry!

Offline yazoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Are we having fun yet.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2011, 02:50:52 am »

Full Name: Valdis
Nickname(s): Val or Dis
Species: Dog
Breed: Icelandic Sheep Dog
Personality: Valdis is often seen with the other canines, never too far away from them because of her fear of being alone, that is, unless she is on a mission that entails her to go off by herself. She is a very loyal female and fully respects those who out rank her, though she will snap at others if the show disrespect no matter what their rank is. Valdis is also not really the motherly type because of her past (will explain this in history), so she normally tries not to interact with pups unless she must. The female does have a darker side to her though, and that is the fact that she loves to attack non canines, feeling that they are less than her.
History: Valdis was born as a pet dog to a wealthy Japanese land owner in a litter of five pups. Being the last born, she rarely got any attention from her mother except for the occasional grooming and the necessary feeding. As soon as she was eight weeks old, her owner had sold her to a farmer so she could herd his animals, however, that didn't go over well. By the time she was a year old, she had killed off half of the livestock her owner had instead of protecting it, and as soon as he had found out it was her and not the mountain dogs, he tried shooting her. Valdis survived and escaped with a grazed hip and bounded up into the mountains. She lived a solitary life for about another year till she met a male dog, a husky. At that point, she fell in love with him and they soon had pups of their own running around. To avoid the mistake her mom made with her, Valdis gave every pup the same ammount of attention... But that didn't matter because a month after those pups were born, their father, in a fit of rage, murdered each and every one of them because Valdis wouldn't go hunt. With the death of her pups also came the death of her desire to be a mother, and the ever nagging guilt that she had killed her pups. A half a year passed before she stumbled upon Ohu grounds, and she finally found the place she wanted to be for the rest of her life.
Roleplay Sample: Valdis lept up into a tree, the only sound that gave her away was the slight rustle of the leaves on the branch that she landed on. Her hazel eyes gazed through the opening between the leaves and watched the target before her. She was training herself, and was using a full grown bear to do so. If she could get out of this unnoticed and unharmed, then she should surely be able to do it with another canine or feline if that is what her mission entailed. The female crouched, moving to another tree as she kept her eyes on the bear whom was browsing for blueberries. She couldn't help but snort at how idiotic the creature was, and luckily, it hadn't heard her. Valdis wasn't the best in the fighting department, so if that bear had heard her, she would be dead.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:55:56 am by Yazoo »

Offline Thestoneofdoom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2011, 02:52:52 am »
Yazoo I love your tryout! I loved Valdis' history and your example post.

I'd approve, but Infernal is the top guy here!

Fell21

« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2011, 03:15:19 am »
Full Name: Orsay
Nickname(s): N/A
Species: Fox
Breed: Red Fox
Personality: Shy and sweet Orsay is the quiet type. She is very shy and it usually takes a while for her to fully trust someone. She is very willing and will help anyone in need. She prefers a quiet life. Orsay is also a bit crazy from her time alone. She can often be found talking to plants or animals.  
History: Orsay was actually not born in Japan. She was born in America. As a pup Orsay was taken away by poacher's looking to make money off of her. She was stuffed in a crate and was sent away to Japan. When her crate opened she bolted away. Orsay found herself in the woods and began to adapt to life there quickly. She has lived alone her whole life and as seen above she is a bit crazy. She hopes her new home will help her to become more "social". She cannot remember anything from her past life in America.
Roleplay Sample: Orsay stuck her head out of the tree root den and eyed the landscape. She wondered what kind of animal would be waking her up and this hour. With a growl she hauled herself out of the den and shook her pelt. She lifted her head and sniffed the tree's. Orsay picked up a strange scent and wandered toward it. The trail lead her to a bush where she proceeded to poke her paw into it. To her surprise a small dog rolled out. He imminently turned tail and ran. With wonder in her eyes she slowly padded after the dog. (sorry couldn't think of anything  :\)

Offline Tiamatt

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2011, 03:39:46 am »
Full name: Sora
Nickname(s): none
Species: Fox
Breed: Red Fox
Personality: Sora tends to be quite sassy and somewhat distant. She also can be a bundle of energy due to her young age. She usually spend her excess energy practicing her skills, making her a rather decent hunter and silent on her feet. She does not like fighting and will turn tail at the first sign of a fight. Overall, she's a young loyal canine with a bit of sass. Those who get close to her learn that she can be clingy yet understanding and more willing to open up about her past.

History: Sora was the only kit/pup between her parents. Her mother was extremely protective of her, often trying to stop her from leaving the den but the rebellious spirit often defied her mother. She ventured often through the forest, practicing basic hunter and stalking skills with the aid of her father, who was much more willing to share the world with his daughter. Unfortunately, during one of their lessons, her mother went out looking for Sora and got caught in a hunter's trap. Her cries of anguish alerted not only Sora and her father but also the hunters. Having been told by her father to run and hide while he tried to help her mother, she ran as fast and as far as she could. Once she regained the courage to return home, she made the journey back to where she had last seen her family. Distressed filled her heart as she noticed blood staining the ground and raced back to an empty den. Heartbroken and alone, she fled once more before making her way to Ohu territory. Now safe and among companions, she works hard to secure her place in the pack.

Roleplay sample: Sora crouched low to the ground, careful to keep her tail from dragging to avoid making as much noise as possible as she made her under the bush. She could smell her prey just a few feet away and as she edged closer, could see the small feathered body of the finch she was after. She paused, her ears perked as she listened in to the sounds around her before they flattened against her skull, now reassured that she was the only one close by. Shifting her weight to her haunches, she counted down silently to herself before bounding forward with a quick, powerful leap. The bird flapped its wings, trying to take to the air before the fox could reach it but the attempt to fly was futile as it was soon limp within Sora's jaws. A sense of pride filled her chest and for a split second, she glanced around, hoping to see her father's approving gaze before memories of the past flooded her mind and her ears and tails drooped. Sighing, she shook her fur out, ridding her mind of the memory before trotting back off to the pack.

Offline Tutyr

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2011, 03:52:07 am »
asdfjkl;
Of course. Every time I turn around, I get a handful of apps. xD

@Yazoo, Fell21&Tiamatt: Wonderful apps, everyone. c: Valdis, Orsay and Sora are accepted as members of DoJ. Please be sure to add WDoJ to the end of your names.

Fell21

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2011, 04:03:17 am »
asdfjkl;
Of course. Every time I turn around, I get a handful of apps. xD

@Yazoo, Fell21&Tiamatt: Wonderful apps, everyone. c: Valdis, Orsay and Sora are accepted as members of DoJ. Please be sure to add WDoJ to the end of your names.

Thanks for accepting. ;D Can't wait to start the RP.

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2011, 04:04:03 am »
whos all in the map XD im to lazy to check right now
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Xaviere

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2011, 04:43:33 am »

(Her style has been updated. I do need to get a preset for her to make her coat more... Catahoula...ish... xD)

Full Name: Kahlua
Nickname(s): Tipsy, Spotty
Species: Dog
Breed: Catahoula Cur/ German Spitz mix
Personality:  Kahlua is an actress. Pinpointing her true personality is quite a difficult task when she immediately changes her personality towards her situation. It may come from her training from her previous pack. Her personality and actions fits her situation and finding that true mutt underneath all those faces would be as difficult as trying to separate salt from sugar. However, Kahlua typically is a quiet pooch whom doesn't like too much attention on herself. She's uncomfortable around crowds and tends to snap if one doesn't leave her alone. She is prone to mood swings. While she can generally polite for a certain period of time, she can turn into a demon the next without any explanation. This may be because of her own confusion to her true self. She takes the form of so many personalities that she tends to forget if she is acting or not. Getting to know her is difficult and friends aren't exactly high on her list anymore. She's typically anti-social until she is needed to be.  

History: Kahlua was the oddball of a small litter of three. Her parents, whom were loved and pampered pooches, showered their pups with as much love as their owners did them. While this was a lifestyle was glorious in the eyes of her siblings and parents, Kahlua wasn't exactly too thrilled about it. She was a social pup. Playing with the children when they wanted her attention and amused her siblings when they were rambunctious. She pleased her parents when they wanted her to behave and even slept every night at a set time so her family didn't have to force her to sleep. The repetitive lifestyle continued until she was of the age of seven months. It was then, while staring at the window, did the first spark of life and interest glinted in the pup's eyes. She was potty trained at the time and for some reason or another their owners trusted her to tinkle by herself more than her siblings.
This was something she was somewhat proud of...

And in one of her many tinkle breaks, the pup caught sight of something (somewhat) extraordinary. A group of dogs dashed past her house and towards the forest. It was a large group of them! They varied in so many sizes! From the little Chihuahua to the Great Dane and stuck between their jaws were all sorts of human food. All the forbidden human food! Since she was a pup, forbidden things interested her greatly and to see dogs act so lawlessly sparked her interest even more. However, this didn't influence her. When she told her parents of the sighting, they had assured her that bad things would happen to them. Humans didn't take lightly of dogs breaking the rules and bad dogs weren't liked. When she asked what bad dogs were, their answer was interesting. Bad dogs always disappeared. So every 'tinkle' break she took resorted in her looking for the mass group of dogs she had seen before. After a week or so, she was beginning to truly believe her parents. They were all bad dogs and they disappeared. This saddened her quite a bit.

Another month passed and her interest died down a bit. While her 'tinkle' breaks became just that, she had seen the extraordinary sight again. The large group of dogs, though some were different, dashing past her yard with various forbidden items of the humans. With wide pale eyes, the young pup bounded up to the fence, she jaws lacked. They were all around and still took forbidden items! The excitement of it all was too much and her curiosity had gotten the best of her. It took her most of the day to figure out how to get open the fence and once she did, she dashed towards the forest after them. She was ready to learn about them. In all honesty, she was going to return home but the young pup didn't realize that the forest was large and it was easy to get lost. The moment she went in, she couldn't get herself out. Kahlua was lost.

Not many days passed but a pup could only go on for so long without food. She wasn't able to find her easily acquired idles for a while and the way out wasn't revealing itself. Her fourth day of being lost was dreadful. She was hungry and cold. The warmth of her family was easily missed. When she woke up the next day, she wasn't in her original sleeping place. Instead of the prickly bush that served as her cover, she was next to a plump saggy Bull Dog. She wasn't sure where she was  or what she had gotten into but before long Kahlua found herself with a new name and the forced not to return home. Her greatest idles were her nightmare. She stuck with the pack until the age of two. Within the time frame, Kahlua was trained brutally to forget her past and worry more about her future. At a very young age she was asked to either become a breeder or a warrior. While she didn't know what any of it was, she found herself piping warrior first. Through her training, she was able to find out what kept this pack up and alive. The more she began to learn, the more she began to thank the heavens that she had picked warrior. But as her training continued, her pack began to realize some other talents. A natural beauty as Kahlua was hard to come by and destroying it through becoming a warrior would have became a downfall. The leader of the pack put her through a different kind of training. One that many of the pooches avoid and most found worse than becoming a breeder.

Her original personality was destroyed. She was a puppet. She was animated, a doll under the control of her leader. She was a spy. A seductress that helped the pack gain information on both humans and rival pack and she did so. She seduced and gained information, though she wasn't the best. Her unusual coloring and coat did wonders for her job. In a way she was good only because of her looks. How she managed to get away from her back, Kahlua isn't totally sure. But the last thing she truly remembered was returning from a failed mission. She had lost a teammate, the alpha's daughter and was somewhat the cause of it. Seeing nothing wrong with the matter, Kahlua had told her alpha quick and plain what had happened. His daughter was brutally raped and killed for Kahlua  had accused her of being a spy for their pack. She was able to prove it and act it through thanks to her training. Obviously, the alpha wasn't pleased.

Kahlua woke up alone again the next day. She was sore and carried multiple puncture wounds. Healing was difficult as well as keeping herself alive.

Roleplay Sample: With a small groan, Kahlua twisted onto her stomach. Who the hell was barkings by her den so early in the morning? A small yawn escaped her fragile maw as she began to push herself onto her dainty paws. Peircing pale eyes glowered towards her den entrance to find one of her den mates already raring up to go for the morning. "Yane..." His name rolled off her tongue with a touch of malice. "What in gods name are you doing up?" She knew he was a hyperactive mutt, everyone knew that! But to wake her before the sun rose was a new low for him. As she padded out of their den, the air softly brushed against her light pelt. Graced with a kiss of cool air, the grumpiness caused by the heat from the day before slowly began to disappear. Sighing softly, she grinned towards the pooch as he bounced. Her curled tail swayed to and fro with mild amusement. "Oh that?" She glanced towards the new bedding in their den. It took many rabbits but she was able to make a nice fluffy bedding to rest upon. "Did it a while ago." She muttered, a small smirk inched on her elegant maw. "Why didn't I do yours?" She scoffed. "The forest would be out of rabbits if I try to make the den comfortable for you and your plump hide!"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:19:32 pm by Chichi »

Offline Tutyr

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2011, 02:39:52 pm »
@Chichi: Oh my, long history is long. xD
You are accepted! Be sure to add WDoJ to the end of your character's name.

@Everyone: For those who have not already, please sign up for the forum! I see we all need to be a tad more active there.

Also, my apologies for not being more active in-game. I've been torn between a number of sites and reality for the past few days. Hopefully that ends today. xD

I'll be checking in constantly.