Author Topic: Oh look another rant..  (Read 42550 times)

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Oh look another rant..
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2011, 08:57:32 am »
Sure people can turn off the chat and such, but that whole "rape party" thing is disgusting and is actually against the rules and you can indeed get banned for it.

"3. Any sexually (humping/buttswinging over another character), threatening, hurtful, harmful, abusive, hateful, and ethnically offensive language is prohibited.
This will result in being kicked or banning."

I'm appauled that people actually have "rape parties". It may be only pixels but rape is NOT a subject to be taken lightly and turned into "parties".

I think another thing is, the game shouldn't get to the point where people have to turn the chat off.

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2011, 09:05:16 am »
why do we even have buttswing if people abuse it? i found no problem with it even with a pervy mind i have until people started the rape lines and such, now i despise it.
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2011, 09:07:40 am »
  Because people are not meant to abuse it. Why get rid of a dance move just because people can't follow the rules? I use it appropriately, and I don't want it gone, I LIKE using it.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

-Angel-

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2011, 10:28:20 am »
i totaly agree with all you guys and yeah, i take fault for abusing a dance move. everybody does it at somepoint or other. I agree that it shouldnt be removed because ssomeone abused it and honestly have absolutely no idea what should be done. So untill then people either have to ignore it, turn off general, or deal with it (not trying to be rude here, but im just pointing out the facts)

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2011, 12:14:37 pm »
Ugh, this is an all ages game, now why would people purposely do this when they know that? I think that these people just need straight off bans/kicks. Kick. Then a day or two ban if there is no stop to it. Longer if need be.
This is just unacceptable.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2011, 02:02:57 am »
What Coony said.
People shouldn't HAVE to turn off general chat. It should be a chat where people can go if they need help or want to talk about things involving the game, let people know about an RP they'll be starting, or even have meaningful conversations with the whole map.

Aside from that, when I said the problem was slowly being resolved, I meant SLOWWWLY. We STILL need a report button, we STILL need glitches and bugs to be fixed, and we STILL need to work on improving the in-game community as a whole. Here on the forum, I have no issues with the community. I love you all. In-game, however... that's a whole different ballgame.

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2011, 04:12:18 am »
Correctamongo, Wolffox.
Though, the ingame staff is not the problem. It's once again, a major part of the ingame community. We need a real, functioning report button ingame to report to the admins/mods ingame the trouble ASAP, and right away so that they may deal with the problems. They should have an extra icon, 'Reports', down in the icon menu ingame. Perhaps an exclamation point or warning sign, that when clicked, shows the reported usernames and why.
I will explain how my idea will work if it is added --
There is a normally yellowish brown color icon menu list ingame. Moderators and admins will have exclamation points/warning signs, that blink or are red when reports are submitted. It does not stop until the report is reviewed and the button 'SOLVED' is hit next to each report. The regular users have an exclamation point as well, but it blinks a bright green instead, when the user's reported posts are solved and when the exclamation point is hit, it says 'SOLVED!' to the user. The user clicks the exclamation point in order to use the function. They type in the user who is causing the problem's username, and a summary of what happened. [1-5 sentences. It doesn't need to be a paragraph. The user might be gone by then.], hits 'REPORT' and a window pops up saying 'Report sent!' with a check mark. [You can X it off, yes.] The moderator/admin recieves the report, goes to solve it, when it is solved, they hit the 'SOLVED' button, and the user who reported has another window pop up saying, 'SOLVED!' And it goes on and on like a food chain. ^.^

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2011, 06:49:00 am »
^i agree completely, i would love to have a report button working like that. (oh god my mom sprayed to much air freshener)
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2011, 12:53:24 pm »
Sure people can turn off the chat and such, but that whole "rape party" thing is disgusting and is actually against the rules and you can indeed get banned for it.

"3. Any sexually (humping/buttswinging over another character), threatening, hurtful, harmful, abusive, hateful, and ethnically offensive language is prohibited.
This will result in being kicked or banning."

I'm appauled that people actually have "rape parties". It may be only pixels but rape is NOT a subject to be taken lightly and turned into "parties".

I think another thing is, the game shouldn't get to the point where people have to turn the chat off.

Now that made me smile. That can get you kicked? That goodness for that!
I just think it's sickening when people feel they can "joke" about rape in public, with no actual depth in their mind for what actually happens to someone.

I think, in my opinion, the butt-swing and head-bash or whatever should be taken out. I mean, I use it for dance parties and such, but on FH its' seriously abused, moreso than on IT. Maybe the more harmless of the dance moves should be put in, such as Thriller and Moonwalk possibly?

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »
Indeed you can. I just wish the report button worked so mods could act upon it quicker.

And yeah, as I mentioned up there. It's disgusting how people think rape is fun and "OMGLOL". It just...no. I'm pretty sure if those users who think it's funny were raped in real life they would not be laughing.

I think it's a matter of time before it hits IT. I've actually seen my first 'rape party' on there a few days ago :\. Those users were promptly blocked and I left Default.