Poll

Why cant we have wings? wings make me happy so we can fly WEE!!

Wings
No wings
I dont know

Author Topic: Wings-the only thing i ask for  (Read 25745 times)

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
Re: Wings-the only thing i ask for
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 12:18:57 pm »
It has been actually discussed already as well.
If there are non-functioning wings, ppl will soon ask for them to be functioning.. and there we are again...
Just my opinion...
Ty for reading.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 01:38:59 pm »
Guys, you want wings? Teal made a wing marking and I believe Rak sent it to Kov. (Or I read on dA.) They'll most likely be in the next patch-update-thing, so just be happy you may be getting a wing marking. Teal didn't have to make the wing marking. But maybe it'll cut down the complaints for wings... because Kov said no to "actual" wings. No threads about it are going to change his mind, same with every other concept he took out that we want back. It's his game. He can do what he wants with it.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 02:55:04 pm »
+1 karma to Gem.
Agreed.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2011, 03:29:34 pm »
If you really want wings, and you just cant cant live without them because your character just looks soooooooooo badass with wings, why dont you make a preset and MAKE some wings? There, problem solved.

Offline dragoness123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2011, 02:27:48 am »
I cant make any dumb presets i tried all the tutorials. None helped so the only thing i want are WINGS because i never was able to play impressive title and i really want to try the wings and i dont want them for decorations, i want to fly not just be ON Feral heart just being on the ground all day but just jumping around.
Draw me like one of your french girls. ;)

Wudiin

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2011, 02:49:17 am »
After using the wings on an IT scritped thing... you're not missing much :\. and for the wings to even LOOK good they would have to be HUGE to achieve lift off. It would probably take god knows HOW long to make a proper wing and add all the feathers. Proper wing animations would have to be made, tweeking the gravity and all... While I have no experiance in these things I know how hard it is to draw... let alone mesh and animate.... Just my two cents though.

Maslien3

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 07:19:32 am »
Yes.. I agree with Wudiin. Unfortunately, the wings in IT weren't that great :/ Even if I had ever made a character that was supposed to have wings, I wouldn't have used them in IT lol :S

Although.. strangely enough, I am leaning towards the idea of wings that are just for decoration. And yes... people will ask for them to be functional, but.. People will probably /always/ ask for wings in the first place, no matter how many times you tell them no. They will always have an argument about it.

But I also understand that it's a lot of work. I'm not one of the kids who just thinks "It can't be that hard to add, durppp" I KNOW that it's hard... but if it might make some people happy? But I guess all in all, it is for the Admins and Kovu to ultimately decide.

/shrug.

Liekos

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2011, 07:44:56 am »
I say no to wings.. keep it more realistic :3

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »
Leaning more to decorative purposes for wings as well. But lets be serious people... :/ Wings are extremely hard to animate and get in-game, plus Kovu already said he didnt want them. He has his reasons and we have to accept them. He'll add wings if he wants to so i think all the threads begging for wings is a little much.

We'll see in time if Kov wants wings or not. Honestly, I used to not want wings, but now I really dont care if their added or not. Im just tired of people begging and pleading for wings to be added. We have to be patient is all. Kov will tell us himself if he has too.

Offline Tacita

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • FALLIN' FALLIN'
    • View Profile
    • my deviantART
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 06:47:10 pm »
I'm just going to pop in here and say that if some of you really want wings, you should make them yourself, or go play another game. It's Kovu's game and we're lucky that it's free with all the features like presets and map making. He can do as he pleases with his game. I personally think having wings in FH would be pretty neat, but we can't force Kovu into putting them in the game if he doesn't want to.
And uh many things FH aren't very realistic you guys. You usually don't see purple/blue/yellow canines and felines running around in the real world.