Author Topic: Arokai vs FeralHeart?  (Read 102815 times)

Offline The Beast Within

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Don't eat the cupcakes, the cupcakes are a lie! :U
    • View Profile
Re: Arokai vs FeralHeart?
« Reply #360 on: October 24, 2013, 10:52:39 am »
I'm sure, if there are people like me with the intention of playing both games, that you won't notice a huge difference with members. After all, Feral Heart is a great game. :3

Offline lollipoplobster

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • art by toki
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 24, 2013, 11:42:22 am »
what is arokai?

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »
what is arokai?
Arokai  is a basically game similar to Feral Heart. All I know is that the game is in development and is yet to be published to the general public. They have short progress videos, a forum, and whatnot. Other than that, that's it.     
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #363 on: October 24, 2013, 04:24:41 pm »
what is arokai?
Arokai  is a basically game similar to Feral Heart. All I know is that the game is in development and is yet to be published to the general public. They have short progress videos, a forum, and whatnot. Other than that, that's it.     

Yes, there are two *OutDated* demos, and all the bugs that you would see in those have been long fixed, now, I think that FH will be just as busy because in Aro'Kai you can't make maps, but you have more player models and there may or may not be quests
I believe.
It will come out when its time for it to come out, Let's hope everyone will stop asking, Onowl and the rest of the team is getting a head ache from it.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2013, 04:10:47 am »
what is arokai?
Arokai  is a basically game similar to Feral Heart. All I know is that the game is in development and is yet to be published to the general public. They have short progress videos, a forum, and whatnot. Other than that, that's it.    

Yes, there are two *OutDated* demos, and all the bugs that you would see in those have been long fixed, now, I think that FH will be just as busy because in Aro'Kai you can't make maps, but you have more player models and there may or may not be quests
I believe.
It will come out when its time for it to come out, Let's hope everyone will stop asking, Onowl and the rest of the team is getting a head ache from it.

It is kindof a circular problem: game takes forever to come out, players get impatient and ask when it will come out, Onowl becomes frustrated. Okay, so not quite circular, but you get the idea. If you can't make maps, I imagine it must take a long time to make the in-game maps, because that's it. I just hope that with hunting there is also a combat system, since with FFRP striking the balance between godmodding and being derpy is so frustrating, it causes people to avoid it altogether, making RPs less realistic. IMO, FFRP works out best with friends or in non-combat encounters (though even friends can be problematic during combat). Still, the variety available in FH makes it wonderful for pretty much any character that would not realistically attempt to eat (which makes wolves frustrating, esp when other players play horses) or otherwise encounter other characters in combat. If we think in terms of movies you would watch with characters like this, that leaves romance (against the rules), sitcom, and racing (which would be... interesting I suppose, never tried it). Though you won't find many other funny characters to RP with for sitcom or racing type RPs. However, who wins can be a bit tricky unless you are platforming, which pretty much means you have 2 maps to choose from (which isn't bad).

In conclusion, both have pros and cons. If and when Arokai finally comes out, I will stick with the better game unless they turn out equally, but differently enjoyable.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2013, 10:53:34 pm »
There will not be hunting of PvP/combat in the game, though there will be NPCs that you can interact with in various ways.

Hunting/combat isn't something Ono wants to put into Aro'kai so it's not going to be put in at all. The game's intended for exploration and to discover things about the storyline and lore as you go, as well as play with friends.

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2013, 06:32:26 am »
There will not be hunting of PvP/combat in the game, though there will be NPCs that you can interact with in various ways.

Hunting/combat isn't something Ono wants to put into Aro'kai so it's not going to be put in at all. The game's intended for exploration and to discover things about the storyline and lore as you go, as well as play with friends.

Hmm... alright. Thought I heard otherwise somewhere else, at least about the hunting. NPC storyline might be interesting, though if it is intended for exploring, that better be a big map (maybe why it is taking so long?)
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline _-Nirvana-_

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 17, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »
I don't think FH will die I guarantee people will still play it  I've had this game for two years and although my rank is a newbie on the forum I've been here for a while and I think the obvious answer is that Aro'kai will win since you put "Aro'kai vs Feralheart" Aro'kai has pvp, a plot, and more species to choose from but honestly I'm more excited for PMC though but Aro'kai looks like a lot of fun too and I can't wait til' they both come out... or at least one of them hopefully PMC first.

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 17, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »
I don't think FH will die I guarantee people will still play it  I've had this game for two years and although my rank is a newbie on the forum I've been here for a while and I think the obvious answer is that Aro'kai will win since you put "Aro'kai vs Feralheart" Aro'kai has pvp, a plot, and more species to choose from but honestly I'm more excited for PMC though but Aro'kai looks like a lot of fun too and I can't wait til' they both come out... or at least one of them hopefully PMC first.

This thread is old; please dont necro
Inactive. Will be back one day

Offline _-Nirvana-_

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 17, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »

This thread is old; please dont necro

The hell is necro?