Poll

cool meshs

rak$ha
2 (20%)
red
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: cool meshs  (Read 7459 times)

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
Re: cool meshs
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 05:27:51 am »
I would use AC3D, but I don't have 80 extra dollars to spend on that... And I know how to use blender, just not what to do with the exporters and python {Most websites don't have an updated guide for the current version of blender [(}

rawr_loud

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 05:35:13 am »
I have a few things to request. And I would adore you forever if you made them and PM'd them to me. :3

1: Elk, deer, caribou, reindeer, moose. All of them if you can but I mostly want the elk/caribou.
2: Different trees and shrubs for scenery. :3 I will PM you the pictures.
3: Cherry blossom tree and an Sequoia Tree. I want the sequoia tree with a hollowed out root. Like a den Pictures in PM.
4: Human houses with human furniture.
5: Dens. Log dens, flower dens, tree dens, any type of dens you can think of. ;3
6: More animals. I really want you to make crocodiles, dolphins, sharks, horses, herons, adult ducks, grizzly bears, fawns, raccoons, squirrels, etc. I just really want you to make more animals. :3
7: Flowers. Pictures in the PM.
8: Cars. Any colors. Boats too. Any type.

I'll PM you pictures of what I mean. ;3 Thank you! I would ADORE you if you made these for me. :3

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 04:58:16 pm »
Some interesting ideas! I didn't even realize I already started doing some of this stuff. You don't need blender to make the dens, certain trees, various shrubs, etc.

I have a sakura (cherry blossom) tree already, from the same map where I got the colored crystal files (linked above.) You can mix and mash textures in the object maker to create different dens - and its super easy to make a texture for a den, rather than making an entire den mesh. Jazz seems to be working more on custom objects than on textures, so maybe if you want a differently shaped den than what the game provides...And yeah you can also mix tree barks and leaf meshes and such. And flowers, though they're kind of funky flowers the game provides.

I'll link some of what I am talking about if Jazz doesn't mind...? And not in picture form so I won't lag up the thread lol. They're just standard objects the game has by default, I think.

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »
Couple more ideas!

Fountain
Ink Pen/feather pen/well
Bone tools, flint scrapers and knives, bead jewelry
Spear, sword
Fence (Different style :D Picket fence, horse pasture type fence, chain link fence?)
Grrrrrizzly bear >.>
Clay pots/urns/bowls/cups <- maybe painted with some aboriginal type designs?

And a few basic objects that would make from-scratch building easier. T

..Like the basicring.mesh, but cut in half so you can walk into a room/tower but can still have a collision for the other side. :P Or even just a ring with a little slice cut out of it for a door. *nod*
A cone with a hollow center would make for some interesting tower rooms, rather than flat-topped.

Any of the basic objects - square, cone, cylinder, etc. would be useful if they had copies that were
1. Hollow (lol ring = hollow cylinder...) and/or
2. Turned on their side - perfectly. Not that almost-straight and almost-level frustration of the Pitch and Roll buttons XD If you're making something over 2000 pixels wide, it has to be straight. >.>
3. Upside down! It's hard to get an ice cream cone perfect. :P

Ohohohoh! New idea. You know how you put a texture on the meshes but it only shows like a big BLOB of the texture? What if we could make pictures....like pictures to hang on walls..........I'm going to go try it!

Edit: I feel like I'm stealing Jazz's thread... >.>' lol But coming up with ideas is giving me ideas too. XD

Edit Again: :3 I have an art gallery now. *twirls* All are my own images. On that wall, anyway...lol the other walls are standard textures, I didn't have enough patience to play with the pitch tool again o.o

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Aleakim/Aedit.png
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:04:42 pm by Aedre »

rawr_loud

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 06:05:28 pm »
Aedre I can't do what you did. It says cannot find the ___.material file. And I tried all the things like ___Mat and stuff. Still didn't work. And the Sakura tree didn't work either. When I typed in the Sakura.mesh an acacia tree came up. :/ Can you tell me how you figured out how to put them together? >.<

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 07:37:17 pm »
Sure ^.^ I love teaching people.

I will move this to a new thread to avoid totally hijacking Jazz's thread though. I'll link it once it is made.

Edit: Ok! The intro is made and awaiting pictures.

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10002.msg138372#msg138372
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:56:54 pm by Aedre »

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 03:31:06 pm »
OMG STOP  karee the PM u sent me was so so so so so so long you need to respect the people who will help you not abuse it like u have done i have the right mind not to do anything for you >:l
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IS USE.
IF YOU WISH TO FIND ME CONTACT;

Black_Veil_Brides on the forum.
Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »
D'oh! :P I was gonna mention that just popping into a thread and acting like it was an open-request thread was a bit presumptuous, but it would have been rude to say at the time...Probably still is. o.O

Jazz have you ever had any trouble getting the objects you make to appear in your maps?

rawr_loud

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 11:54:26 pm »
:C I apologize. It was just a few of the meshes were kinda complicated like the dens and I wanted you to have photo references. I wasn't as long as it looked. Just the pictures filled it out. I sorry. :C

Offline ShadowWolf9

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 01:15:07 pm »
Hey, I need you to make a mesh for me.....
My friend is making a horse map, but we can't figure out how to make a HORSE STABLE MESH.....
Plz help us!!!