Poll

What do you think of cross-gender RPers? (Guys that rp as girls, and girls that rp as guys.)

Totally acceptable.
I'm one of 'em!
They make me uncomfortable when I find out they're not their character's gender.
They should stick to rping their IRL gender!

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?  (Read 23375 times)

artistgrl8

Re: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »
I don't see anything wrong with it, I do it myself. I never get that, even though my username is 'artistgrl' (either they don't care of don't put connect the dots that 'grl' is 'girl'). People do what they want, and create opposite gender characters. I don't understand how this bothers people.

Offline Shadowcloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »
I also make male characters.  It's weird to see a female lion with a mane xD  But I use video game chars that are mostly guys :)  So I don't get why people would have a problem with it.  Well it could freak them out xD  I don't have any problems with it :D

excuse me while i cry over people that don't exist
haven't been on here in over two years
oops

Offline Justice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • What is dead may never die
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2011, 11:04:55 pm »
Lul, im a girl in real life and im sure i have about 3/4 male chars and 1/4 female XD I think i like roleplaying as male chars more because im a girl and so i get to explore the male side of things i guess

Also when i join a group, if theres too many females then ill make a male too even it out more
Bane is my idol.

Offline Movietime

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »
I don't know why some people freak out over cross gender rping. I'm a girl I play mostly girl characters but I have a few Male characters, Just to play as something different. I think its more fun to play as different characters male and female. It would be Boring if they was all the same. 

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »
55 People find this acceptable.
65 People often rp as the opposite gender.
6 People are uncomfortable with the idea.
7 People say that people should stick to IRL genders

Nice to know that FH is a combined internet community. C'mon people, don't bash those 11 people who don't like the idea. Diversity is the key to everything, you need a few nuts in the trail mix.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 10:54:08 pm »
Nice to know that FH is a combined internet community. C'mon people, don't bash those 11 people who don't like the idea. Diversity is the key to everything, you need a few nuts in the trail mix.
   I wouldn't say the people are bad...more like niave? Upbringing can be a contributing factor as well. Albeit we don't agree with them, and find it discriminatory, maybe they just don't know any better from their experiences yet.

I'm a female, but have 2 male characters and 2 female ones. Heck, when my rp group needed a male character, I went and made one. If people take gender on the game seriously and try to treat this as their dating service, it's their own fault when that girl they've been eying is actually a dude. When rping, you have to take the character as the character, not the player. :S People that have issues with this I'm pretty sure just haven't learned that just yet.

Offline Viinca

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • Icon by Ramine ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 04:00:15 pm »
Fh is supposed to be a break from real life, so who cares if it is topsy turny, what matters is the imagination you put in it. If we can even imagine a roleplay fight for example, what is so different? I may be wrong, but in most RPs there are more girls than boys, like in prides (which does make this realistic, don't get me wrong) you will find more lionesses than lions.. If girls sticked to girls, there would probably be not many lions around, just very few..

Offline Hamilams

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2012, 01:21:07 am »
well, there's a simple solution to it. Don't tell them your real gender! Unless you think you know the person well, they don't need to know. Sheesh, it's crazy to think that people freak out about it.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:15 am »
well, there's a simple solution to it. Don't tell them your real gender! Unless you think you know the person well, they don't need to know. Sheesh, it's crazy to think that people freak out about it.

Ah, but your username is Jane, and thus, people will automatically freak out if you play a male character, because you have made it so clear you are female. This is the same issue with the others. Some of their ingame usernames are very clearly for females. And why should people be forced to hide their gender just because some people freak out over characters being a different character to the one that plays them?

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:46 am »
I find no problem with this whatsoever~ I for one rp as both. More or less male since I tend to be more Tom-boy and girl myself. You all have good points. Roleplay is a roleplay. You're in the role. Think of Shakespere for goodness sake! Do you know how many males crossed dressed and how many girls did so aswell to get the parts. I see no problem with it. And it's just a game! Sure it's online but I see no point in arguing over teh trivial. -runs out of things to say- yeah... Just popped into this forum -wiggles away-

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran