Author Topic: Soldiers of Fortune- an all (realistic) species semi-literate rp-need members!  (Read 6439 times)

Hiccupby

The Soldiers of Fortune
    History: Several thousands of years ago human kind wiped itself out in a nuclear holocaust.  As legend goes the last man sitting in his fallout shelter; dying of radiation sickness; looked at his faithful German Shepard and prayed to God or whatever powers that be that animals would inherit the earth that humans had failed to take care of, and over the next thousand years it became so.  Animals gained the ability to think and speak with one another, but the laws of nature such as predator and prey, kill or be killed remained in place among otherwise intelligent beings.

Some animals decided that they would rise above their primordial intincts. They banded together to form a kingdom where the boundaries of predator and prey,species and strength were abolished. These animals of higher thought worked together using their different physical attributes and knowlege to raise food and create the beginnings of technology and writing. These animals formed a new society advocating peace, intelligence, and equality between species Large or small, herbivore or carnivore.

Many of the creatures of the old way felt threatened by this new order- especially the carnivores, as more and more prey animals fled into the safety of the growing kindgdom.  And so the new society did not continue without strife. Many marauding carnivores whom formed groups of their own have waged war against the kingdom and tried to destroy it.  The society and its superior teamwork has survived these wars and continued to thrive and gain support. The kingdom has prospered so much in fact that it seeks to expand its borders and spread its message of peace and cooperation between species in unexplored lands.

The Story So Far:  The son of the last great King of the society; A mature and gifted cub by the name of Kilimanjaro; has left the kingdom in his General's capable paws in a time of peace.  His goal is to grow his knowledge, leadership, and own inner strength through travel and to expand his father's legacy beyond the borders of the kingdom and spread the acceptance and community The Society offers to all creatures. Once he feels he has gained enough followers from the outside world he plans to lead them from their wandering days to the Kindgom itself.  For now however he and his followers are a wandering group whom he likes to call the Soldiers of Fortune. Its members grow together with each adventure faced and peril outlasted.

Interested in Joining? Awesome, here's some things you should know:
1) First things first: the typical rules I need you guys to follow to keep this an awesome rp:
  • - I'm not a grammar Nazi (my own grammar is terrible) and I don't expect everyone to be great at rping- but please have an rp line that's understandable and more than a sentence If you are just learning to rp expect a more experienced member to correct you or give you pointers
  • -No God-modding of course. And try to avoid anything supernatural beyond a sixth sense, talking to your dead grandpa, or a knee that tingles when you "feel a storm a' comin'".
  • -No explicit mating in our view or in any chat, mate begging, or parent begging. PLEASE!
  • -Please be nice. If you're a jerk in character great, but if you are out of character and just talking be respectful.
  • - Strife and drama- please make it! Just because Jaro's goal is trying to spread ideas of peace doesn't mean you all have to be overly kind goody-two shoes and have the same goal in mind! Feel free to have ulterior motives and the like.  Be creative!
2) Some information on species:
  • -you really can be any animal you can make (provided it's a non-fantasy species) - even a crossbreed. How neat is that? Just avoid species like demons and angels etc.
  • -Depending on their physical attributes different species do different things for the group. For instance the bigger animals tend to fight while smaller animals with dexterous hands like squirrels make things. This is only a suggestion though, you don't have to limit yourself :3
  • - Carnivores eat fish, bugs, and nuts when in a pinch.  However since they are smart animals there are things such as bread and baked goods. Eating another talking animal is like eating a baby!
  • -You can have items (there are download packs on the forums) just give us the download link so we can see them too. Only small items though. No rainbow sparkle halos or silly hats and the like please!

Do you have any questions or see any holes in this information?  Do you have a suggestion? Please let me know. Feel free to post to reserve a place for your application or to show your interest.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:35:23 am by Higby »

Hiccupby

Characters and roles
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:44:24 pm »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:28:37 pm by Higby »

Offline terrin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: soldiers of fortune- an all species currently mapless rp
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:22:45 am »
http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/pegandjadersistasforeverz/Rafael.png
 name:Rafael
 species:German shepherd
 role/skill:Fighting
 personality: Decendant of the german shepherd that was with the last man. He is full of loyaly and respect, he would sacrifice his life is needed.
An Rp sample: Rafael looked around at the grass, hard to imaging a few hundred years ago several thousand bombs had ravaged such a place. As he looked to the sky, it was blow, not a cloud in the sky to ruin such a pretty day. He thought to himself,'I guess the world can heal itself after all..' As he got up, headed back to where the others were, including his leader.

Offline terrin

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers of Fortune- an all species semi-literate rp
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:30:12 am »
SO many typos.. hundreds-thousands, blow-blue, imaging-imagine

Hiccupby

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:45:53 am »
SO many typos.. hundreds-thousands, blow-blue, imaging-imagine
I fixed them when I put the thing on the members portion. You're accepted btw. Congrats on being the first!

Offline terrin

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 03:55:27 am »
:D

Offline NightmareOrchid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:26:08 am »

Hiccupby

Re: Soldiers of Fortune- an all (realistic) species semi-literate rp
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 04:58:21 am »
I sent you a pm Rose 77

Offline NightmareOrchid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 05:54:46 am »

Hiccupby

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »
Accepted- I wont be in game today- feel free to advertise and point potential members towards the forum or even start rping.