Author Topic:  (Read 26969 times)

CloudFish

« on: June 30, 2012, 10:22:33 pm »
T h e  F o r b i d d e n  L a n d s
W e l c o m e

Once under the influence of a thriving civilization, the ruins now stand alone, inhabited by a variety of animals. With deserts bordering the jungles, life is concentrated in the nooks and crannies of places that are accessible.

Why are these lands forbidden you ask?

To humans, these lands once held idols scattered throughout the lands, each representing a colossal god. These sibling gods, all sons and daughters of Dormin, however soon began to grow against one another. In a fit of jealousy and selfishness, the majority attempted to make gains to dethrone their father. However, the people soon turned against the gods, destroying the idols and burning the texts. In a rage, Dormin cast the humans away, and sealed his children within the land, leaving the animals to thrive without human influence.

Lands are now home to a native cheetah tribe, one that still idolizes the god Dormin the humans once worshiped.  A small influx of hyenas have also made their way into the lands living in Kuromori's old ruined temple, siding with whoever they feel will benefit in the long run in the war against Dormin's Tribe of Cheetahs. . A few leopards and tigers have also moved into the western jungles, hiding in the trees and worshiping various other gods that they deem fit. The North Western Golden Canines worship Hydrus, as they live amongst his ruins.  

The gates have been opened. Dormin is reawakened.

And what now, with visitors to the lands, a lion pride that assumes settling will not upset the balance.

The Law
Or rules for you slow ones.

N u m b e r Z e r o:
Be active. Weekly check-in on forum is required, I preform sweeps every seven days for those who have not signed in. Coming into check isn't that difficult. To stay in-game, required one-day of the three/often more than three roleplay days we have.

• N u m b e r   O n e :
    Feral Heart Rules apply in most cases.

"Keep Appropriate Language And Behavior"
    "This game is aimed towards a wide user-base of all ages and therefore you must keep the language and other behavior to an appropriate level that works for everyone. Swearing inside of the public chats is NOT allowed or encouraged by anyone."

We're lax when it comes to cursing, however if there is a member in the group that isn't fond of this language. Refrain. If you do not, you will get kicked from the roleplay.
    I also don't want mating to occur in public chats. That includes Local/General/Group. If you wanna do that, take it to Party/Whisper. (But shh. We're not encouraging.)

• N u m b e r   T w o :
    Absolutely no godmodding or powerplaying allowed. We're all literate here, we don't need to force others to do what we want them to. It's rude and it's annoying; it will get you an automatic ban from the group if we catch you doing it more than once. You've been warned. This is in relation to not only within species, but among others as well. That means a lil' jackal can't flip Cloud into the cublet hole.

• N u m b e r  T h r e e :
    Respect your superiors. Sure, you character doesn't need to respect them in the role play - though you have to accept the consequences for that - but you must respect them in OOC. If they ask you to do something, do it. Don't argue. (Those who should be minded at ALL times are CloudFish, EvilSock, Micataben, i1vet2b, ~SoulEater~, samshadow24, Flipping_Awesome, HachiTheWox, PeanutLiss and Lady Macabre..  Those in red have absolute say over everything.) We have zero tolerance for disrespect, as well as your superiors we expect you to treat each other fairly and with consideration. If you don't like someone, keep your mouth shut unless they're harassing you, in which case PM an Admin with evidence.

• N u m b e r   F o u r :
    No fighting in the OOC. We're here to have fun, not cause drama. We don't want people hating on each other, thank you very much. This will also be an automatic ban. If you really need to argue with someone, take it to whisper and don't let it effect your role playing. If you really have a problem with someone, bring it up with CloudFish , or one of the above mentioned, depending on who's online at the time. They will deal with it as they see fit. This also includes prejudices; if you have a problem with someone, keep your mouth shut. We're not looking for a discussion on your opinion of how whatever someone does in their real life is wrong, or bad. This includes racism, homophobia, sexism and anything else you can think of that is classed as prejudiced.

• N u m b e r   F i v e :
    Be literate. It's a requirement for joining this group, and we will be watching you. We don't always require a 20 line post, but you must use correct grammar and the like. No *'s, -'s or any other form of laziness here. You write out your replies as if you were writing a book about your character. You are allowed to use *'s or -'s in terms of emphasis. For example, for thoughts or emphasis.

• N u m b e r   S i x :
    No interrupting someone's post. If they have some indication that they've not finished their reply, or just your better judgement says they're still going, don't go and reply! Wait until they're finished! Some people take longer than others to type, and you need to appreciate that. It doesn't make them less of a role player than you. And it doesn't mean you can butt in with your character to get ahead.

• N u m b e r   S e v e n :
    Each user is limited to two characters for the entire roleplay, spanning all groups. You are not allowed to have one character in the same group, and only one character may have a high ranking. You will not be allowed to have more than one character until you are deemed able by your group leader for your original character. You MUST be active on the original one before switching over to the other; think of the second as a fall-back.

• N u m b e r  Eight  :
    Mates may occur between different feline species, however hybrid children are not allowed. Caninexfeline relationships are not allowed.

RP parents must discuss with their respected leaders about having people play as their children. This will be the ONLY exception to the number of members rule.

• N u m b e r  Nine  :

Absolutely no giving out the map unless you have CloudFish's permission. (This means ANY previous versions of the map release as well.)  

Rules originally written by Loras (For Leonis Superbia), some taken from Socklet (Sanguis Desert) and edited by CloudFish. Don't like them? Don't bother to join. They will be enforced.

Thanks to Viinca for outline of advertisement.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:18:05 pm by CloudFish »

CloudFish

Re: WIP, please do not post until finished. Orcommentsock.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:15:30 am »
P r i d e s  & T r i b e s  o f  t h e  L a n d s

Announcements

Our cheetah leader and hyena leader has dropped.

Please do not apply for these positions if you aren't willing to devote time to this roleplay. I can't tell you how many leaders I've had drop out on me; and honestly, it gets a mixture of annoying and ego-stomping going.

If you feel you're interested, or would like to talk to me about filling position, PM me with a message detailing that of a regular applicant, and be sure to include the following:

• How active you tend to be.
  • Prior leading experience, if any.
  • Timezone.
  • Any other information you feel would sway me to choose you.

Please note for the above; these positions were already filled in the past, and so the territory for your group is predetermined, but I assure you they are both detailed enough to suit any. (If absolutely necessary, I can always update the map, though I'd prefer not to have to do so again for a while.)

Map is complete.

H o w  T o  J o i n ?
Mandatory forum sign up will be required. You will be monitored on how active you are, by group leaders, and myself. If you go a week without being around, and not informing us, expect a boot. And yes, this goes for the forum as well, not just in-game. Forum activity will actually be monitored subject of deletion than in-game. It's how we stay in touch and keep information circulating. So would appreciate if you played your part.  Fill out a form here; or feel free to PM me.

Spaces are limited.

Lions:
Accepting.

Cheetahs:
Accepting.
Looking for leader.

Hyenas:
Accepting.
Looking for leader.

Jackals:
Accepting.

Jungle Cats:
Accepting:

Leopards:
Accepting.

Jaguars:
Accepting.
Tigers:
Accepting.

Cougars:
Accepting.

Lynxes:
Accepting.

Application:

Name:
Family:
Group/Loner: Cloud's Pride / Dormin's Tribe / Kokoru Hyena Clan / The Felid's Ordinem / Jackal Pack
Species:
Personality:  
History:
Picture:
And/Or Appearance:
Preset Download? :
RP Example:

O u r  W e b s i t e

Click here to go to the Weebly site. (Work in progress, finishing touches are being added and arranged.)

You will not be able to enter the map upon approval without signing up on forum.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:33:18 pm by CloudFish »

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:01 am »
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:13:45 am by CloudFish »

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:24 am »

Cloud's Pride

Once home to Leonis Superbia, Cloud and his pride lived there for nearly a year. However with the influx of never ending rain, the shortage of prey, and the threat of the starving hyena clan, pressure on movement was strong. With the death of the main huntress Hodari, Cloud finally decided it was time to leave. And so, with a lion, two lionesses and four adopted cublets, he moved them onward, adding stragglers and others to the group as they headed towards a place to settle.

Traveling for months, the pride finally came upon the gates of the Forbidden Lands. Motivated by sheer desire, Cloud and Omen were able to budge the gates enough for pride to squeeze in. Leaving the gates open, the pride entered the lands via the bridge, and took residence in the ruins, not yet ready to venture away into the lands.

What will prove hazardous to this band of lions?

T h e  P r i d e :

King:
Cloud (CloudFish)

Queen:
None

Heirs:
Delia (i1vet2b) (Deceased)
Ronnie (Peanut Liss)
Vance (Micataben)

Lead Guard:
None

Lead Hunter:
None

Lead Warrior:
None

Medics:
Lyram (Pakhet)

Medical Assistants:
N/A

Lionesses:
Ariav (Ariav)
Astoria (Arasay)
Delia (i1vet2b)
Kali (Viinca)
Luota (Sirasis)
Nuvala (Flipping_awesome)
Ronnie (PeanutLiss)
Slani (WhiteAngelWolf)
Upendi (Lady Macabre)

Lions:
Cloud (CloudFish)
Lyram (Pakhet)
Ollie (HachiTheWox)
Omen (DarkenedIce)
Vance (Micataben)

Cublets:
Endolu (Salies)

Inept Lions:
Ollie (HachiTheWox)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:53:46 pm by CloudFish »

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:45 am »

Dormin's Tribe

This tribe of cheetahs are still intact with Dormin, the head-god of the lands. These cheetahs follow a strict code set forth hundreds of years ago by humans. They believe in sacrifice to Dormin, wear ornamental crosses to show servitude and ranking, and are in strict conflict with any other tribes or outsiders that are not followers of Dormin's law and rule. With the gates now opened, the cheetah tribe is in a fit of rage, and aims to either convert or rid the lands of the lions.

The tribe currently resides in Cenobia City, their ranks nestled into the long vacant city. The city is secluded, and most cheetahs never venture further than Dormin's shrine, excluding a select few who have orders to keep an eye on the other species. For now, the cheetahs are watching the lions, waiting for the moment to strike. The cheetahs current aim is to convert the lions and form an alliance, to drive away the hyenas, their long standing enemies.

In the jungles, tension is brewing with yet another group, The Felid's Ordinem. The compilation of felines, who follow no set religion are considered a threat to all the cheetahs believe in. As of now, the cheetahs have said or done nothing about this, but the fragile peace can only last so long. To the cheetahs, having a 'tribe' composed of one or more species is an act of blasphemy against Dormin and all of his children. Religious as ever, the tribes code is reinforced day and night, with brutal consequence for those who disobey, and great reward for those who follow.

T r i b a l   R a n k i n g s ( A l l O p e n )

Chieftain
The current leader of the tribe, who is commander of both the religious and non-religious sides of the tribe. The Chieftain keeps order within the tribe, and protects it from outside forces. The Chieftain is either the direct descendant of the previous Chieftain, or chosen through ceremony by the High Priest and Priestess. The Chieftain is considered a projection of Dormin himself, and to cross them is considered the most blasphemous of acts.

N/A

High Priest
The male religious leader within the tribe. The High Priest, along with the High Priestess, he is in-charge of all major religious aspects of tribal life. The High Priest usually has one or two Priest assistants to help them with the more mundane rituals.

Garland (Bulbasaur)

High Priestess
The female religious leader within the tribe. Along with the High Priest, she is in-charge of all major religious aspects of tribal life. The High Priestess usually has one or two Priest assistants to help them with the more mundane rituals.

N/A

Bishops
Seasoned religious cheetahs who have proved their worth in the eyes of the Chieftain are promoted to Bishops. Bishops are in-charge of spreading religious virtues throughout the lands, to all other species and tribes. Bishops also are next in
line to become the High Priest or Priestess. The Bishops are the trusted confidants in the Chieftain, high-raking enough to be trusted, but still not high enough to consider usurping the Chieftains authority or will.

N/A

Priests
The average adult religious cheetahs. The Priests range in age and gender, and some are more respected than others. The priests are the ones who run almost all of the rituals of the tribe under the guidance of the High Priest and Priestess. Some of their everyday tasks include assisting the sick, teaching the cubs, learning from the elders, and maintaining the various shrines.

Atani (Lila5)
Felix (Bradman)

Scholars
Young cheetahs who have been chosen to train as Priests. Scholars are usually taught for a year by a seasoned priest, and then
apprentice under a Bishop for another few months before they are considered for graduation.

N/A

Head Guardians
The strongest and smartest warriors within the tribe. The Head Guardians are a select few Tribescats who have shown their worth on the battlefield through strategy or prowess. They consult with the Chieftain about all things combative, and command the Tribescats.

N/A

Head Hunters
The swiftest and most agile cheetahs within the tribe. The Head Hunters are a select few cheetahs who have shown their worth as hunters through speed or skill. They consult with the Chieftain about the status of the lands, and the up-keep of the tribe. They command the Tribescats one where and when to hunt.

N/A

Tribescats
The average member of the tribe. Tribescats are responsible for watching cubs, scouting, hunting, defending, and fighting. Being a Tribescat is tiresome work, and only those who excel are given promotions. Older and more experienced Tribescats are higher in rank than younger and newer Tribescats.

Tyme (EvilSock)

Recruits
Juvenile cheetahs who are training to become Tribescats. Recruits start by learning the basics of hunting, and than move on to learning fighting and scouting. After a couple of months, the Tribescat who is training the Recruit may pass him or her onto a Head Hunter or Guardian for specialized training, if they show aptitude in a certain area.

N/A

Cubs
Young cheetahs under 7 months are considered cubs. Cubs have no responsibilities other than learning from the elders and Bishops, and memorizing tribe lore. Disrespectful cubs are often chastised with nips and swats. Cubs have their own ranks, depending on age and parentage.

Sibb (PurplePlatypus)

Elders
Older and retired members of the tribe. Elders can have held any rank in life, with the exception of Chieftain who serves until death. Elders often teach cubs about traditions and lore.

N/A
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:50:12 pm by CloudFish »

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:49:14 am »
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:33:45 am by CloudFish »

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:26 am »
Jackals of The Forbidden Lands

The jackals that linger around the southern deserts are not too fond of the hyenas; and have been dubbed the "sand creatures" by the lions. They do not feel strongly towards any of the gods, and are merely trying to get through without being killed.

Ranks

Dominant Female
Same as the dominant male, except females don't normally rise to this position unless they become the mate of the dominant male. A single female taking the place of the previous dominant pair is almost unheard of, but if one was a commander before, that could be an exception.

Rhodara (Flipping_Awesome)

Dominant Male
He is one of the two leaders in the pack, holding the highest position. His word, along with the dominant female's, is law for the members of the pack. If another member displays dominance towards him, that is seen as a crime, and said member will either have their rank lowered or given punishment in another form. These males usually were commanders before they got this rank.
N/A

Commander
Usually male, but sometimes a female can become one as well, although that is quite rare. In most cases, a commander was previously the dominant member of one of the branches and took the place of the last commander that died or got their rank lowered. When the current leader pair either retires or dies, a commander with his/her mate will take over that place. Generally a commander serves almost like a third leader, and makes desicions along with the dominate pair, as well as gives orders to the two branches, but mostly just to the Combatants.
N/A

Inner Circle
This includes high-ranking members such as the dominant pair, commander, dominant members in the branches and highly respected members. The Inner Circle was formed to help the leaders with things they couldn't settle themselves (such as starting attacks on other groups), as well as keep things under control during mating season. The Inner Circle's decisions cannot be questioned by those who are not in it.
N/A

Branches
Branches specialize in certain things (in this case, hunting and fighting), but each branch can still do what other branches can, just not as well (like a Combatant will still be expected to hunt, but they may not have a lot of skill in that area). Branches can be added or removed depending on how a leader chooses to lead.
N/A

Combatant's Branch
These Jackals are trained in the art of fighting. Most are stronger and larger than adverage, able to withstand more hits than a normal Jackal. Even so, Combatants usually attack using ambush techniques, as Jackals stand very little chance at beating enemies otherwise. When fighting, they will use their intelligence for planning out the enemy's next moves, and use their speed for avoiding their foes' attacks. When they see an opportunity to strike, they will often go for the neck and heels. They will also try and tackle their enemies if they feel they could knock them over.
N/A

Dominant Member

Unlike the Huntsmen's dominant member, the Combatant's doesn't have a lot of say in the orders given to the branch, as the commander will usually handle all of those. These members were usually upgraded from highly respected members. They will often take the place of a retired/dead commander.
N/A

Members
Not masters in fighting, but trained well in the subject, these are the ones that make up the bulk of this branch. Highly respected members are often chosen for training apprentices.
N/A

Apprentices
Young Jackals who are larger or stronger than adverage, or displayed an ability in fighting when they were younger. These apprentices are more respected than Huntsmen appretinces, and will often display dominance over them. These Jackals will train under a respected member of this branch and will generally be promted once they reach 1-2 years of age.
N/A

Huntsmen Branch
These Jackals are highly trained in the art of hunting. They use their strong sense of hearing and smell to find small prey, and catch it by biting and shaking the neck. For larger prey, even though they rarely catch it, they will nip at the ankles and often go for the neck. They will also search for abandoned carcasses, or go after prey that was recently killed by another animal, even if they're still eating it. When prey becomes scarce, fruit and bugs will also be caught as a substitute.
N/A

Dominant Member
Serves as a leader for the Huntsmen. They give almost all orders to the branch (Unless the commander or dominant pair want to give orders) and were previously highly respected members of the branch for their skill in this subject. Dominant Huntsmen may take the place of a commander if he/she retires or dies, but it's not likely they will, as dominant Combatants are more preferred.
N/A

Members

Although not usually masters in hunting, the members are fairly well trained in it. Highly respected members are used for training Apprentices.

N/A

Apprentices
These are young Jackals who are ready to train in the Huntsmen branch. Those chosen for this path are normally smaller and weaker than the adverage Jackal, or were seen with some hunting ability when they were younger. They will learn under a respected member, and will generally be promoted once they reach 8 months to a year of age.
N/A

Omegas

These are untrusted members of the pack. They may also have inexperienced adults or runts of a litter. Omegas are the lowest rank in the pack, and are treated as such. Although they're not normally abused by the rest of the pack, they may be used as practice targets for apprentice Combatants. If they prove their loyalty, strength or experience to the pack, they may be promoted to one of the branches, but will likely still be treated badly anyways. Untrusted Omegas will always be told to remain in the camp or at least in the presence of some other Jackals. To become untrusted, one must have committed an act of treason.

N/A

Mothers and Pups
When a female becomes pregnant, she will temporarily take leave of her ranking in order to care for them (Hence why females are not often chosen for high ranks). She may choose to bear the pups away from the rest of the pack. Usually only females who have bred with a high ranking member have pups, but some exceptions are made. Regardless of her rank, any female may breed with a higher rank.
Pups are basically the ones who keep the pack alive. They will be born generally around late summer, fall or early winter, depending on the dates of the mating season. Pups will rely heavily on their parents for about three weeks, and then will be able to explore with the pack a bit more, and may even be taken with Huntsmen apprentices for some early training. After about 3-4 months, they will become apprentices of a branch that they were selected for earlier on, and will normally be weaned by that time.

N/A

Veterans

Elders or the retired of the pack. Veterans are very respected, having served this pack all their life, and sometimes may be more respected than the dominant pair. These members are usually cared for by the Omegas. A member may retire to veteran once they reach 6-7 years of age, but 8 is pushing it, since the life expectancy of a Jackal is only 8-9 years.
N/A

Extra Information:
Dominance Tier:

Inner Circle:
Dominant male and female > Commander > Dominant Combatant branch members > Dominant Huntsmen branch members > Highly respected Combatant branch members > Highly respected Huntsmen branch members

The rest:
Veterans > Inner Circle > Combatant members > Huntsmen members > Combatant Apprentices > Huntsmen Apprentices > Pups > Omegas

Age Rules:
0-3 weeks
These Jackals are considered newborns. Their eyes are closed when they're born, and will open after about 8-12 days.
3 weeks - 4 months
These ones are considered pups. They will be weaned close to the end of this cycle (at about the age of 3-4 months). They are allowed to begin light training in hunting and fighting as well as coming with the pack on short patrols.
4 months - 9 months
This is generally the teen years. Jackals at this age will begin training in their respective branches, and for Huntsmen, will end training about a month before this cycle ends. Although they're technically sexually mature near the end of this cycle, they won't breed until they at least reach young adulthood.
9 months - 2 years
Young adulthood stage. Those training in fighting will end training at about 1-2 years of age. They are now able to breed, but usually don't unless they reach at least 1 1/2 years of age, usually 2 or more, though. Typically, at this age, it's not very likely for a Jackal to have a very high rank, but it could happen.
2-4 years
This is the adulthood stage. Jackals here can have higher ranks, and are usually fairly experienced in what they do.
4-6 years
This is the final stage of adulthood. The Jackals at this age are not able to preform as well as they used to, but they generally do have a lot of experience. They'll also be a lot more likely to have much higher ranks in the pack.
6 years and over
Jackals at this age are considered Veterans and will have likely retired at the age of 6, though some may remain in play until 8 years. They no longer have the abilities they used to possess, and are not able to do much for the pack any longer. They'll usually die of old age at about 8-10 years, though some may die earlier. [/color]

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:26:56 am by CloudFish »

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 12:51:03 am »

The Felid's Ordinem

The Felid's Ordinem is the group of felines that reside within the Western parts of the Jungle. Lead by the Leopard Siri, the Ordinem (Which is Latin for 'order') is made up of the six species of felines residing in the forest, each with their own special job: The leopards, jaguars, tigers, black panthers, lynxes, and cougars. They worship Phalanx.

Siri grew up in the Western Forest by herself (Her parents have being killed while in one of the recent forest fights), where the six feline species where constantly quarreling. Soon Siri saw a opening for a opportunity, and put herself in position of leader of the Jungle Cats by killing the two tigers that were previously ruling the forest. The Jungle Cats now never question Siri, nor the actions she does or orders. She developed a ranking system based off the different species of felines in the forest.

Siri, being a leopard herself, put the leopards as the highest ranking felines of the forest. The leopards do whatever they please, fight whenever they want, hunt whenever they want, and so on. Jaguars are the second highest of the felines, and have the job of merely guarding the Western Forest, warding away any trespassers. The tigers and the black panthers, nicknamed 'The great warriors' by the other felines, are, as their nickname suggest, the warriors of the Ordinem. They are highly respected and valued. Next, the cougars, whom hunt of the Ordinem and work together in groups to take down prey. Finally, the lynxes. The lynxes are the healers of the Ordinem, and the lowest of them all. Two feline guards protect Siri from any feline foolish enough to attempt to harm her.

Ranks and Members :

~*High Queen/Leader*~:
Siri (Samshadow24)

~*High Feline Guards*~:

Fernite (-Jason-)[TRAINEE] {Jaguar}
Kashi (Suki) {Leopard}

~*Leopards*~:
Deputy: N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

~*The Forest Guards (Jaguars)*~:

Lead Jaguar: N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

~* The Great Warriors (Tigers and Black Panthers)*~:
Lead Warrior: N/A
Auriel (Acoustic)
Azure (Kruby23)
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

~*Hunters (Cougars) *~:
Lead Hunter: N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

~*Healers (Lynxes) *~:

Lead Healer: N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

~*Cublets*~:
Terrari (Wolfish Grin)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:20:43 am by CloudFish »

CloudFish

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 12:51:49 am »
-Spot saver for any additional information.-

Free to post if need be.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 02:30:26 am »
Oh. My. God.

You have no idea how perfect your timing is. I've recently played Shadow of the Colossus, and I LOVED IT.
So considering that's what I've been craving that as of late, as soon as I get back home from Toronto,

I AM APPLYING FOR THIS.
Kuromori and Quadratus <3
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.