Author Topic: The old newbie hatred-Why do we hate them?  (Read 10656 times)

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The old newbie hatred-Why do we hate them?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 09:23:00 pm »
I for one do my best to be nice to the new floofs, and occasionally I'll even drop whatever else I'm doing and concentrate on teaching them stuff for half an hour of so.
The only time I get really annoyed with someone is if I'm explaining something they asked about very clearly, and they seem not to be listening. I've had to teach a lot of people about map installation for example, and that can be a real pain since there are so many steps for a new member to get to grips with. Most of the time it's relatively straightforward, but sometimes the member I'm teaching has very little computer knowledge at all(recently a user I was talking to didn't know what Windows Explorer was and kept mistaking it for Internet Explorer, despite me telling them several times that they were entirely different), which makes things a bit difficult.
On the whole however, it's just a matter of being patient while they learn the ins and outs of FH. Eventually that little "noob" will become like any other member, and it's our job to make them feel welcomed :D

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 09:41:30 pm »
*Sigh* I'mma throw this out there first off; Outright "Noob-haters" present themselves as little more than pretentious, immature individuals who add no good to society by sticking their noses in the air and considering themselves better than everyone else, all by putting other (and often very innocent) new members down. The use of words in that manner is an insult to their own intelligence.

*Cough*
So, anyway. xD
Personally, I love me some newbcakes. xD Call me weird. <3
I know from experience, that it's those kind, experienced players that take some time and help out our new members that make all the difference for their first-ever experience with a new game.
And so, having been in that same position, I do sympathize with these little guys (nor am I alone in this~), and I try my best to get them into FH with their best paw forward, smiling and learning their way around, with the hopes that they'll do the same for the newbies that come after them. c:

Granted, there always will be those new floofs who come on here and don't give a flying derp about other people, and run around just to troll, but that's gonna happen anywhere, and from anyone.

This said, it's best not to judge anybody. Start everyone off with a fresh slate, be kind, and who knows? Maybe they'll do the same to you, or at the very least, somebody else~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 09:46:08 pm »
Or maybe some "veterans" don't have the time or patience to teach. -But I'm more than happy to lend a hand too when someone approaches me with a question.

"There is always a time to play but not to-" Something...*scatter brained*

Since I have issues with my cruddy internet and all, whenever I do play in-game I occasionally press the Escape key and go to Options and see the controls. I tell some newcomers this too in case a few examples and explanations doesn't do justice. However, since of my kind nature, I jump into action whenever I do happen to be in-game and see someone bullied and guide them away. -But you can't control everything on what they do and some people are just going to be as such (I sometimes question parenting methods).

Although the magical "block" button can be used anytime in-game. Out of sight, out of mind right?

Ayyy~

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 11:04:23 pm »
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:10:22 pm by Silvertide »

Offline mkljkl

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • XFluffyUnicornsX on Deviantart~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 05:02:52 am »
See i love to help Noobs on FH but unlike IW and other IT servers that have the tutorial i would say Log out go to Tutorials (or whatever it was called) and go to Tutorial it will give you all the info you need
But as for me my first IT server was IW in 2011 December or january of 2012 it was so long ago i just learnd the controls myself

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 05:08:23 am »
Hate is such a strong word. "Disconnected" is more the appropriate term.

I simply have trouble communicating with MOST of them. How does one express what "roleplay" is to someone who doesn't care to disconnect their own voice from their character's?

I don't really care when someone joined, I simply observe how they conduct themselves. Mate-begging and then kit-begging is quantifiable, and most common among new users.

But hate is wrong, in the outright.

Offline Starri700

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • REYN TIME
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 05:46:42 am »
I have found my people.
Yes, I once was a 'noob' myself. Crud, I hate saying that word. Yes, I was one. And everyone was one as well at one point in life. You don't log on to a game knowing every single command. I mean seriously, what the flurp? Why do you hate them if you were once one? It's like hating babies, but you once were one. Sheeesh. I understand that they thing they are mate-begging and child-begging at times and this may spark the hate, but dood. No.
Skree. If I meet a person who's new to the game and needs help, I give advice. When I was new, I didn't ask for advice unless I needed it. Yes I got banned once or twice due to my stupidity, but I tried to make it. I don't hate on anyone.
The Starri fades to silence nowww
Hello I'm a person and I'm existent.
I'll rp with whoever and whatever by now vuv
I love you all Feralheart and I hope your day goes well, mon ami (or amie, if you consider yourself female). vuv

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 09:00:38 am »
Just now I was trolling, yes I know some people don't like that word or the action of trolling, but I was trolling as a noob. Some people decided it would be fun to take advantage of my apparent obliviousness to everything and they were making fun of me by saying they liked my ugly features. I just can't believe it, though. What if I really was just an innocent noob person and I was treated like that and I wouldn't even know I was being made fun of? It scares me and I hope that nothing like that happens too often around Feral Heart.

Offline Fivael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 09:40:15 am »
People like that should be reported for harassment.
Honestly, I've seen lots of this happen while exploring few of the maps.
There were two people dancing in neon bright characters, and people were ranting at them and calling them "trolls".
This 'hatred' for noobs like this, should stop.
Like come on? We were all noobs at one point?

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »
When it all comes down to why people act like this...it's only one word....
immaturity
I have seen older members/ fairly known being so incredible rude to new people on Feral Heart that it really does irritate me some great deal. I have no problems helping anyone if they come up to me and ask, but be rude about it and forget it.
Everyone does need help from time to time, and I do find it ridiculous to label new guys as noobs or any other slang label people are using.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358