Author Topic: Preset not showing up  (Read 5135 times)

Offline SilverWaters

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset not showing up
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:43:08 am »
I made a preset and it worked fine but when I gave the .fhp file to my friend to download it they couldn't see it... They put it in the preset folder and there is nothing different about my username that could change anything... Anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix it?

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Preset not showing up
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:52:09 am »
The file is case sensitive, so if it's SilverWaters_3.fhp
you need to log in as SilverWaters, not silverwaters or Silverwaters, etc
Could that be your problem?
The only other thing that really causes this is spaces/symbols in your username.

Offline SilverWaters

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 02:08:05 am »
Nope I have my username the same as how I exported it and there are no symbols or spaces. :/

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 05:24:15 am »
A problem I often bumped into with downloads was that they simply would not work if I added them into the FH folder without closing the game first. So from now on, I always close FH completely before downloading then only open FH once installed.
I suggest you tell your friends to delete the fhp file then make sure game is closed before redownloading. Lemme know if it works :)

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:46:46 am »
First of all, have you done the following?

Tip: (# = Number)

- Have you exported your preset in preset maker?
(Preset maker>>Export)
- Have you uploaded (yourusername)_# from your presets folder onto mediafire or any other sharing sites?
(Local Disk (C:) >> FeralHeart >> Presets >> (Your Username)_# >> Upload to mediafire or other.)
- And have you given the link to your preset download?
(Make sure your friend(s) have placed the downloaded preset into Local Disk (C:) >> Feral heart >> Presets [NOT My Presets]
- Then restart FH.

Other reasons?
Problem one: You may see a (2), (3) or (4) at the end of your preset file, like this for example:

Ask your friend(s) if they see (yourusername)_#(2) and If they do, ask them to remove the (2) and restart FH.

Problem two: Sometimes on other people's screens they see your username in lower case when some of your username may be in capitals. Make sure they re-name it to what they see, or what you see. For e.g.

OR

Problem three: You may not have made your preset with the height and width of 512x512 (Some people get confused with 513x513). If not, change it.

Well, I hope this helped you. I may have a few other solutions up my sleeve, but good luck for now.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »
Did you make sure that you only send him your fhp file? The only things really needed to view a preset is having there preset file fhp.
Also perhaps placement of the file is what's making it mess up. Presets are suppose to be placed in FeralHeart>Preset.
Also renaming your preset to something else will cause it to not show up as well. I should be your username and also the preset folder it was in
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline SilverWaters

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 11:41:16 pm »
Yeah, I made sure of all of that... Still won't work... Could there be something wrong with the file or my game?

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 04:16:15 am »
Yeah, I made sure of all of that... Still won't work... Could there be something wrong with the file or my game?
Perhaps, but maybe it's just something wrong with the exported folder they have...or they might not have there preset equipped
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 11:52:39 am »
Well, your exporter could also be broken.
To fix that, you have to rename your FeralHeart folder to something like "OldFeralHeart" and then you'd need to download FHSetup.exe again, and install that, which will create a shiny new FeralHeart. Then just copy over your preset folder from my_presets. Go ingame and re-export it, reupload, and try it then.
If that doesn't work then I don't think it's a problem on your end.

Offline copper4me

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I don't play that much anymore but I'm here, hello
    • copper4me
    • achievementcast
    • copper4me
    • copper4me18
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 09:09:09 pm »
I have to admit, I've been having this problem aswell. But I've been sending the file over skype.