Author Topic: What do you think about TLK players?  (Read 10812 times)

BlackHolesAndRevelations

Re: What do you think about TLK players?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:32 pm »
I think everyone has their obsessions (For me it's Hunger Games, Walking Dead and Norman Reedus) but I find it strange to roleplay the Hunger Games, or Walking Dead. Because.. would you follow the plot of the original story exactly, or make it your own? Wouldn't it be weird because you're playing a character that already is played? I don't know.

Offline ::BarkingHowl::

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • proud bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 04:49:32 pm »
I don't really mind. People can role play what they want. But, it does annoy me, when people put E.G. 'Nala Official' They don't own the characters. Disney do. c:

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 07:25:36 pm »
When I first saw them, I thought they were progammed.
As I got in to FeralHeart and realized they weren't, I enjoyed playing as OCs. But after awhile I really lost interest in them as I began to become more literate and left their "community."
I think they're okay but it's really not interesting to me and too illiterate for my taste. Plus, half of the time they are fighting eachother over who is the "real" Canon-character. It gets annoying.
So I'd say my view of them is negative.

From the Shadows~
~Hallucination

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 02:04:27 am »
I really just hate those people how play as the lion king charaters themself then put something like "Real" in there names... So I dont go to places like bonfire.....
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 02:31:05 am »
It's fine, I've seen some good ones, however some are such so immature. They fight over characters an bash people who don't have "perfect" characters. There was a great Simba once but he was too yellow in the eyes of the other LK players so they were pretty rude to him. I was just there like "Wow, a literate LK player being bashed on how their character looked". I mean he/she was fantastic, what an outrage!

Offline Nutella2

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The most anonymous person you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
    • My dA. c:
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 09:09:06 am »
I can deal with them. They just annoy me to death...
Anonymousness. yay. c:

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 11:07:27 am »
Role Playing as a lion king character is just fine, its what the person behind the screen is wanting to be so therefore they are. I see many around bonfire and the odd ones around flourite and cape, I must admit I myself have some lion king characters maybe 2-3 but that's just cause its one of my favorite films.
The only thing is to many people create a lion king character once they see one person being one then you end up with atleast 10 of the same lions which does get annoying. You also see them arguing "I was kove first!" Or "I am the real Nala" this really annoys me-_-. Also they often cause quite a lot of drama jumping off cliffs etc which really isn't necessary, along with them arguing over mates or even mating in public!.
I don't have anything agains the people who play lion king characters but maybe give it a rest on making one as soon as they see others on one? And make a group and stick to it, so you don't get mixed up who's who and no one is stealing no one.
Anyway as I've stated I don't get bothered about the LK characters and enjoy seeing others role-play as them, but I guess I may have a different opinion than everyone else. All in all this is my honest opinion on what I think about the over load of LK chars in bonfire etc and how sometimes I don't really mind them.
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 03:40:30 am »
I don't mind them, but they always seem to be there. It's as if they never sleep. O_____o

But, it can get annoying when a copy of the "original" character shows up and the two start rp fighting (caps lock..) into the chat.

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 04:05:48 am »
I find it fine for floofs to roleplay out the movie, create TLK based characters, or try and make their own stories. The only thing about it that bugs me was stated prior to my post, however I will say. I dislike the abuse of the creations, such as a neon Simba named 'zimba TLK ofishul' roleplaying with a bright yellow 'kira offishial' as Kiara. It would be nice to put some time into the characters, and however I have not tried to roleplay as a lion king character, I suppose it might be interesting.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2013, 06:04:36 pm »
I don't mind TLK role-players, in fact, The Lion King is one of my childhood favorites. I like to have some reference to the characters, kinda makes me feel like being in Disney World or something in that nature. Having my character interact with Simba, please, I find that entertaining.

However, the only time I would be sour about the whole idea or person role-playing as one of the characters is when there is little respect to the character name and personality. For instance, I don't want my favorite character, Shenzi be a kind-hearted hyena to a lion cub. That is weird to me. That's not her style, she is the leader (mostly because I've had the assumption of her being the only female) of an entire clan of savage hyenas, her name itself means "Savage." I don't want to see Shenzi skipping around like a kindly and cowardly canine by a notorious power-player. 

Shenzi
She is awesome
Image © Mikita Kavalenka