Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 166897 times)

Offline _-Phantomwolf-_

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me in-game on Ilithyia Rhea
    • View Profile
    • Red Ra}V{age
Re: RIP General
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2013, 12:00:21 am »
Everyone's perspective is different I suppose. Instead of all of us going on about who started it, why doesn't everyone try to keep in mind that while you may think you're being respectful, it might come off as rude to others? That would fix at least part of the problem.

Edit: I just wanna make it clear that I do agree that gen should come back, I just don't agree with a few ways people have chosen to voice their concern.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:13:08 am by _-Phantomwolf-_ »

Offline Darkoblivion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2013, 12:03:18 am »
Let's all calm down and look at this from a different perspective, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You see, having an opinion obviously would result in having it insulted by other opinions. You honestly can't expect everything to be so precious and perfect when you post your opinion, so here I go posting mine...
1. I don't think getting rid of General Chat will solve any of our problems... It was the only way to advertise for roleplays, and using 'Movies' doesn't help with anything.

2. The Community would obviously had reacted badly to this as you can see, all of you. The thing we must do? I am afraid there is nothing to do. People have opinions... they are entitled to them. Yes, the communities opinion DOES matter, it always has...

3. It was quite crude in a sense, though I don't want any offense on this post, that Red call iMello a brat... people always have reasons for posting what they think.

4. In the end, I have to conclude I am dissapointed with both sides of this argument. You are screaming at eachother like children, instead of calmly assessing the situation. To the staff, your not abusing your power, but you are going a bit overboard with reaction here. If you posted something like this, and acted as you would have, you must expect some people to be a bit furious. General was a fun chat, and made the maps feel alive. To the members, you too are at fault. Overreacting to this, and slashing at eachothers throats like your in some arena fight...

So please, calm down... I agree with iMello, I think General should not have been taken down... so please consider this.

Cheerio. ~Sips a glass of wine.

Click theh eggies if you want o3o... So they don't, you know... die.

Offline LunaWolfe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Lederp
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2013, 12:27:26 am »
Originally, I was against generals removal. It was sudden, unannounced and shocking. I'm not the one for change, never have been. But then and again most people aren't fond of change. It's natural to dislike it. I thought it was wrong. There hadn't been any notification. I hadn't once seen the topic brought up, in game or on the forums seriously. Sure, jokingly many times. But..

At this point? I just don't care anymore.

All the drama this has caused is pointless. The debates in-game have spiraled into childish name calling and heated spats. I haven't come across more than one mature debate about General's removal, and that was at stone bridge of all places.

I'm just.. I'm just done. I need a break from this. ; - ;

Click it, we know you want to~ <3

Offline Darkoblivion

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2013, 12:28:13 am »
Indeed... this drama is increasingly needless...

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2013, 12:33:35 am »
Yes, it is, but it would be ended quickly if the staff just listened to the community and actually considered our opinions instead of insulting us. .-.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2013, 12:50:38 am »
I liked general for the wrong reasons, mostly the reason it's gone. I liked watching people have silly debates. But I really think general going is a chance for people to play the game more, run around and have fun with their friends more.

If general ever does come back, it should only be used for advertising. People chit chatting in general made the chat fly past, I could never really read the ads.

Offline Darkoblivion

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2013, 01:02:13 am »
I could read the ads fine... people were supposed to chitchat in general. Without it the game just seems... dead...

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2013, 01:23:23 am »
Yeah... it really does. :I
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2013, 01:26:25 am »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

SacuraShadow

« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2013, 02:21:55 am »
wow...just wow...I don't see only a "few" users that didn't like this more like the whole community but you guys won't listen. I can't wait until Arokai comes out. FH is no more then presets and map making to me now.