Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 168187 times)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »
I don't care if the chat comes back or not, as I do not play this game. I am bothered by the way that this was brought about. Things often get worse before they get better, and if speaking one's mind is what will get it to that point, then so be it. Because not commenting on it is no different than saying something.

I point out things as I see them. If it comes off as pointing fingers then that's not entirely my problem.

This "test", and an unannounced one at that, is pretty much treating the people here like lab mice. If the human factor is important to the staff, then it's important to the members as well. And from this it does not look like there was a human factor or consideration put towards the community with this change. If there were, it would have been handled in a much different way.

This is "treat as you want to be treated" coming back full fold. As I've said before, giving word ahead of time would have softened the blow because then people would come on and at least SEE that there was some sort of interaction. But there wasn't and it's looking like more of a test where the people involved are no more than numbers on a board.

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2013, 06:56:38 pm »
Thank you for giving me at least some clarification, at least you're respectable in that sense, even though I think that bringing your personal life into this is kind of a poor excuse in my opinion. No worries.

If you don't really like all of the negativity, then, I would just "revert" whatever change there was. It would bring in a lot less angry people on the forum for me, at least.

At least you're managing to give me an explanation, which is good. I like that. See, it wasn't so bad!

Probably not really gonna post here anymore. I feel like I'm done making points here. It would just be a cycle of me and someone else repeating themselves.

By the way, I'm not a bad person because my opinion conflicts with another one. Neither is anyone else, honestly.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:59:49 pm by Muani »
i dont know anything ever at any time

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 27, 2013, 07:12:13 pm »
I said I didn't look for sympathy points, but the excuse of life works for everyone else, even members and players. Why shouldn't the staff get to say they are humans too. You know I got something to say here.

The negativity might need to exist in order to get to something better, as mentioned a countless of times already. Reverting a needed change will never help pushing past the threshold that keeps the game from turning into something better, and keeping something that always will point fingers to the only ones that do work might not even help either, but that would never be a concern for the players, because they are not the ones getting the crap they create, the staff are and that's how it is.

I will quote this post before because it got washed away.

You all need to stop this fighting and useless threats/insults/blaming.

We all have the right to have an opinion, and to express it as long as you do in a somewhat mature way and maybe share with us why you have that opinion - maybe then things can be discussed in an adult matter.

And this crap about mods/admins not doing their work - if they wouldn't be doing their work do you honestly think you could play this game right now? That anyone would offer time and money to keep the servers up? To spend much of their free time to be here and try to help users and this community? Do you think being an admin/mod is all about having "power"? Who do you think has to listen to all the haters/complaints all the time? And this is no "excuse" it is the truth.

And are the staff not human beings like yourself? They deserve praise and gratitude for keeping this abandoned game alive and keeping it from being run over by trolls and people doing everything to destroy the fun in the game.
They might do mistakes - but surely you have made mistakes too?
It's not about worshipping them - it's about showing some respect.

With the general chat being taken down - couldn't you atleast have given it a try and have some patience before getting butthurt and start ranting about it and the staff. It's no ones fault it got taken down - it's a test to see if things could change to the better but people went raging before they even gave it a try!

Those who are not pleased with this change should voice their feelings about this - but don't go "everyone wants general back" "this sucks" "it's the mods/admins fault" "we want this and we want that"
It's not true, and no matter how much it it stings in your greedy little heart you do not run this game - you can't tell what the staff can and cannot do - they have the right to make changes and if you don't like that you can leave.

Try to show everyone why general should be brought back - in an adult way. Give ideas and reasons why it is better with a general chat instead of fighting about it. WORK to get it back, don't throw hissy fits and act spoiled by thinking you'll get general back by throwing accusements at others and being plain rude. And those who actually are mature and trying to get out their opinions in a calm way are getting run over by the fighting - so you are more or less destroying things for yourselves.

I can guarantee you - the more rude comments/accusements/ranting will make the chance of general chat coming back much much smaller.

I know there are nice and good people out here - I meet some of you everytime I am in-game.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:06 pm »
^ ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 27, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »
I said I didn't look for sympathy points, but the excuse of life works for everyone else, even members and players. Why shouldn't the staff get to say they are humans too.
In the working world a person's job and bills often come before the human factor of themselves. Even as an unpaid forum or game staff member, similar things are usually best applied to better handle things. I see working people with problems every day and I do not hear them whine about their problems or their home life when dealing with unsatisfied or rude customers. They take it in stride. Sometimes they blow up or lose it, sure, but most of the time they suck it up and deal with it regardless of how hurtful it is.

At most life could take time from that job and cause a lot of stressful patches, as I'm sure. But it's still a job. If their life is too much for that job, then perhaps their place should belong to someone who has the time and the stability in their personal life to get the job done when it's needed.

On a game staff team what they do in their position is their job. When they have the time, their job should come first.

The grapevine is a terrible place to look at evidence but from what I've seen over the years the human factor has been an excuse for staff on multiple teams for a long time. And as of now I don't really see the consideration requested given to the community as much with this change, and it doesn't really seem deserving until a fraction of it is returned.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:37:29 pm by Shusuke »

Offline Toxic Reverie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 27, 2013, 07:41:55 pm »
You all need to stop this fighting and useless threats/insults/blaming.

We all have the right to have an opinion, and to express it as long as you do in a somewhat mature way and maybe share with us why you have that opinion - maybe then things can be discussed in an adult matter.

And this crap about mods/admins not doing their work - if they wouldn't be doing their work do you honestly think you could play this game right now? That anyone would offer time and money to keep the servers up? To spend much of their free time to be here and try to help users and this community? Do you think being an admin/mod is all about having "power"? Who do you think has to listen to all the haters/complaints all the time? And this is no "excuse" it is the truth.

And are the staff not human beings like yourself? They deserve praise and gratitude for keeping this abandoned game alive and keeping it from being run over by trolls and people doing everything to destroy the fun in the game.
They might do mistakes - but surely you have made mistakes too?
It's not about worshipping them - it's about showing some respect.

With the general chat being taken down - couldn't you atleast have given it a try and have some patience before getting butthurt and start ranting about it and the staff. It's no ones fault it got taken down - it's a test to see if things could change to the better but people went raging before they even gave it a try!

Those who are not pleased with this change should voice their feelings about this - but don't go "everyone wants general back" "this sucks" "it's the mods/admins fault" "we want this and we want that"
It's not true, and no matter how much it it stings in your greedy little heart you do not run this game - you can't tell what the staff can and cannot do - they have the right to make changes and if you don't like that you can leave.

Try to show everyone why general should be brought back - in an adult way. Give ideas and reasons why it is better with a general chat instead of fighting about it. WORK to get it back, don't throw hissy fits and act spoiled by thinking you'll get general back by throwing accusements at others and being plain rude. And those who actually are mature and trying to get out their opinions in a calm way are getting run over by the fighting - so you are more or less destroying things for yourselves.

I can guarantee you - the more rude comments/accusements/ranting will make the chance of general chat coming back much much smaller.

I know there are nice and good people out here - I meet some of you everytime I am in-game.

I think this is very well put, and I couldn't agree more. After learning that people seem to be making false accusations of being banned for speaking their opinion, I'm pretty irritated. It's evident that the mods do quite a lot of work on this game (and I can only imagine how difficult this game is to handle), and it must be pretty awful to only get recognition for the bad things, rather than getting recognition for the good.

So, I want to thank the mods for the good things they've done, for all the hard work that they've put into this game.
I no longer log on to this account on the forums.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 27, 2013, 09:34:40 pm »
You know what, I may not like the fact that general is gone, but I'm sick and tired of all the complaints and people bashing on the Mods. They run this game to the best of their ability, and that's all I could ask of them. The only ones to blame for general's removal are us, the players. Moderators are not the ones who abused the chat, they were simply trying their best to find a solution to fix it. That solution happened to be removing general chat. You say they don't review the reports sent in? Well think of all the dozens of reports they must get daily, then think of how many mods there are. Then, just for a moment, think of the 14k+ members who play the game. Not to mention the dozens of new players every time the registrations open. Trolls and inappropriate behavior will never completely disappear, but the mods do ban and kick users when necessary.

The mods don't work hard at their job...honestly? They pour their heart and soul into this game, and yet many of us deny them what they deserve; respect. They find time every day to come to our small community and watch over the game, and they do their job to the best of their ability. So they may have done something we don't like, but let's just give it time and see what happens, ok? Instead of preying on the wonderful staff of Feralheart.

Offline Larka98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Old school retired player
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:25 pm »
Old school retired player who occasionally comes in for a peek

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:34 pm »
Ahem. *quietly raises paw* this isn't me accusing anyone or even talking about how life is right now on FH, just one little request.
May we please have an end date to this test? If it's going to purely be a matter of waiting until you have the results you need and you can't give an exact date, then that's fine too of course. But if it is possible, I think it would be very helpful to everyone involved if we could perhaps have an estimated time of when the test will end, a date that we can spread around to people and let them know when they'll have Gen back, especially the people who really miss it. Not demanding anything else here, not pointing fingers, just wondering what sort of time frame we're dealing with.
I offer you this plate of cookies as a token of peace.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 28, 2013, 03:01:45 am »
Ahem. *quietly raises paw* this isn't me accusing anyone or even talking about how life is right now on FH, just one little request.
May we please have an end date to this test? If it's going to purely be a matter of waiting until you have the results you need and you can't give an exact date, then that's fine too of course. But if it is possible, I think it would be very helpful to everyone involved if we could perhaps have an estimated time of when the test will end, a date that we can spread around to people and let them know when they'll have Gen back, especially the people who really miss it. Not demanding anything else here, not pointing fingers, just wondering what sort of time frame we're dealing with.
I offer you this plate of cookies as a token of peace.

While I understand where you're coming from, please look into this quote from Razmirz:
For the time being we are not about to change anything on a whim of a few users. The sooner you settle down to the idea the sooner we can actually take a proper view of its affects on the game without the expected initial rejection.
In other words, for the moment we do not have a "set time" for the end of this test. The purpose of this change is to step back and observe the effects on the game, and 11 days (not even two weeks since the change) is not enough time to do this.

For now, though, we ask that you work with us as you would with any other game update.
The game is still here for you all, the server running, staff minding the game, all maps available, and by no means is gameplay crippled by the removal of a chat that was not even used for roleplaying purposes (in public maps, anyway). It has been stated by many users within this thread that their own roleplays are gaining new members, and already users are beginning to adapt.

In time, though, if the staff decides that the removal of General was not to the game's benefit as a whole, then action may be taken beyond this. But, for now, just sit tight. It'll be okay, and believe me when I say the staff has read your comments and can see your reasons for wanting General back immediately. However, we wouldn't have made this change if we didn't think it would be for the best of the community in the future. Work with us, and we'll be here to make sure the FH is driven in the direction it needs to go in order to be a more enjoyable experience for those who play it.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||