Author Topic: Most annoying things about groups  (Read 7190 times)

Offline ShadowPaws3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Bro. Little Babies Ice Cream.
    • View Profile
Re: Most annoying things about groups
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 12:49:24 pm »
The most active group i'm in is the Benevolent Wolf Pack, because there's members from a lot of different countrys
Ingame: ShadowPaws3 or We Are One~
Forums: Wolf_Soul_ or Dark~
My roleplay site: http://fielddogs.createaforum.com/index.php#c1 (it would be great if any of you signed up! It's so lonely there...)

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »
I must agree, but I rarely do wolf rp's anymore. ^^;

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:26 pm »
This is one reason why I don't join "big" or "popular" groups.

Usually when I join, they're first all like "Welcome [Character Name]!" and go back to chatting.
Then when I start chatting, they either go silent or just simply kick me out. *-*
Like, what the crap.

And usually when I make a group, go to the stone bridge and advertise, people try to cover my ad's and movies up like they all hate me for some sort of reason.

Offline in.your.heart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm that girl with the guitar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 08:41:22 pm »
Oh, I've waited for this!
I also agree with most of the things everyone above me said.
I'll just explain myself now:

1. Literacy
Okay, so, you are a person with huge vocabulary. You know the anatomy of the creature you're playing, you know a lot of adjectives, you know how to describe to the slightest detail (by using 'You', I'm not referring to neither one of you; I'm simply explaining myself, so don't get me wrong). But why using them all the time? Some people don't know as much words as you, or don't know their meaning because their native language is not english (here I'm referring to the fellow floofs who, same as me, don't know english perfectly). And those 5-pharagraph-long posts just torture me, as well as those twisted words. I mean, why wolfspeak?! Can't you use normal language which is understandable by everyone? It doesn't make you look smarter. It is simply showing off, which is not smart at all.

I've noticed that, unfortunately to some people who agree with me, most groups now are the so-called 'strictly literate' and use wolfspeak all the time. Whenever I join a group of such (although I strive to avoid it), I'm just sitting away from the rest, reading without understanding most things, and patiently waiting to post, but rarely getting the chance to. Therefore, not having fun at all, which is the purpose of a group in Feral Heart. This limits the chances of me joining a group at all.

2. Inactivity
It's simple. People who join a group, saying they're going to be active, and then don't appear for days. That's why I always warn people who join my groups that they either come at least, let's say, four times a week, or I'm kicking them out. I rarely ever create groups, though.

I also really dislike when people don't have the patience to wait for new members, when the roleplay will begin. I mean, my group is brand new and you're the first person to join. You need to wait so I can gather new members and the group becomes big. They're all like, 'okay', and the next day I see they've left the group. How is my group going to work, if every first person who joins leaves only a day after (well, I guess there just have to be more than just one person to join at a time, but sometimes, we all know it is very hard)?

3. Too complex
Some groups in Feral Heart are way too complex, serious and detailed. I agree with maps, but some groups have more than just one, or the creatures have a specific territory which is strictly limited. I could stand that, too, but then there's literacy requirement (and mostly you need to be 'strictly literate', as stated above), as well as specific appearance of your character, too serious rules and everything becomes just a bit too much.

Seriously, I sometimes miss the times when everything was so simple, you create a wolf pack and accept everyone, have all types of literacies and actually DO have fun. I've stayed the longest in packs of such. Now most people are way too serious. Like, come on, this is a game, we're supposed to have fun with everyone and anywhere. This includes both roleplaying or just derping around.

I also dislike when whenever I join a group first, everyone is just chatting and 'having fun', as the leader said the group is roleplaying. I've waited, and waited, and waited so long, but everyone continues to chat and I don't see roleplay at all. And I've joined to roleplay, after all. Yes, making friends and everything, I agree, but I dislike when some groups do this all the time.

----------------------------------------------------------

Summing up, I think having a too complex group, where everything is strictly determined, can be pretty hard. I think only very responsible, kind, considerate and active people can lead a nice group of such and make it successful.
I know my qualities and I don't think I'm responsible, not at all, so I don't ever create groups. If I happen do so, it is going to be a simple wolf pack. I've tried making a major and a bit complex roleplay, but I failed due to my irresponsibility.
Now I avoid joining groups and prefer to roleplay with one person. If I join a group, I want it to be nice, simple, I don't mind a map or a site, it's actually a bonus. I just don't want the leader to expect from me to stay all-day long online, or roleplay however they want me to.

P.S. Excuse me for my poor english and possible grammar mistakes!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:49:40 pm by Moony »
Supernatural addict
Potterhead
Skyrim
The Sims

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile