Author Topic: My Custom Map Will Not Connect to the Server  (Read 1645 times)

Offline CardMasterLoki

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
My Custom Map Will Not Connect to the Server
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:14:14 pm »
 Hello All,

I have created a new map for my group, but I have ran into a complication that I do not know how to fix. When I released the map my group members downloaded it. The map worked perfectly fine for the first day, but now the map refuses to connect to the server. Every time they try to go into the map, the same message appears: Failed to connect to map server. Retry? I cannot even go into the map because the same message pops up for me as well.

I have tried to fix the problem by re-exporting the map, but that did not work. I have also tried to simply keep going back into the map to see if that changes anything, but not even that worked. I do not know what else I can do to fix this problem, what's even stranger is that the first portion of the map you can get into just fine. It's the second map within the first map that you can no longer access.

If someone can help me fix this problem I would be very grateful.

Sincerely,
Uriah
How's it goin' today mate?

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Re: My Custom Map Will Not Connect to the Server
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:29 pm »
hmmm... I'm not too savy with map issues, but try going into your map files themselves and seeing if anything looks out of place. I'm sorry I don't know anymore about your problem :(
pm for free art i need practice

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »
As much as I hate to say 're-download FH', I'm just going to suggest it. It actually might not have anything to do with the game, but the file of which the map is it'self. My apologies are given seeing as there isn't much that we know to do about this problem. Perhaps try a different map? I hope that your group can find a map that works, and I wish the best of luck for your own map to work. Sorry if I wasn't much help. Take care, and good luck again with your group.

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »
Sometimes the game will tend to do that if you have misplaced a file. Trying going into your feral hearts main folder and look in the folders titled "Media" or "Exports" Some of the files you'll see are titled FHO, FHM, so on so forth. The last letter would stand for which file destination the texture/ code should be in. ( Objects, Materials, Maps, Particles etc etc) If anything seems out of place ( Like for example an FHO file is in a Sky file) Then try moving it to the correct location. If this doesn't work I suggest trying to re-upload the map itself. Most likely the cause would be either the terrain map or possibly even a missing mesh or even, the map is to large for the server to handle.

For my last point, then it'd be wise to divide the map up even more- or have the two maps Separate to each other.

On the other hand. I've never been good with maps so I'm only listing the basic checks.

I've had problems with maps before, however I never got the failed to connect token, My game always seemed to crash so I'm afraid I may be giving you entirely useless information.

With that being said, I hope it ends well and you get that map up and running again! :)

Offline CardMasterLoki

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 08:53:36 pm »
 Thank you to everyone who has replied to my question. :) Sadly, none of your suggestions have worked. ;-; I am going to continue fiddling with the map to see if I can figure out the problem myself, but I really appreciate your assistance. :)

Sincerely,
Uriah

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 02:29:49 am »
Quite a lot of people has been having this problem so we've had a server restart today, might've solved it for you as well.

This happens a lot when users run in and out of custom maps causing the server process for it to start, stop, start, stop, start, stop, which eventually could lead to "failed to connect to map server", and the only way for it to start working again is if we schedule a server restart. It's more likely to happen to active/popular custom maps since a lot of people tend to go into them, but not enough to always keep 1 user in there at the time, because as soon as no users are in a map, it stops.

Will need to restart the server, until then it will not work.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline CardMasterLoki

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 12:59:16 am »
 Thanks for responding to my question, but I don't know if that is the case. I have attempted to re-enter the map, but it still will not connect to the server. I do not know if you have restarted the server already or not however, so if you haven't then that is probably still the issue. If you have restarted it though, then the map is probably broken and I will simply have to remake it. It's not really a big deal though, and I can easily remake it.

Thanks again. :)

Sincerely,
Uriah

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 02:10:51 am »
As Red has said above, a server restart is in order for you to be able to enter your map. This may take a little while to be taken care of, so please be patient with the server. Hopefully it will be reset soon so that you're able to get back in. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline RaventheVerewolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Thanks to EpicWolfie for av
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 09:34:59 pm »
How often is the server reset? I've been having problems with my map not being able to connect
Thank you so much to babystrit for my awesome sig

Offline CardMasterLoki

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 05:59:45 pm »
Hello again,

I do not know if the server was restarted or not. What I do know is that today I managed to get into the map, when I exited the map and went back in however, the same problem happened and it persisted just like it has been doing over the past 2 weeks.

I have waited and waited, but the problem just continues to happen. I honestly do not know what to do at the moment, so I think I will have to remake the map myself. Thank you so much for your assistance though, I appreciate all of you taking your time to help me. :)

Sincerely,
Uriah