Author Topic: Old Cringey Characters  (Read 16249 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Old Cringey Characters
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:25:45 am »
We all think that our characters are great. They all are!
But ever look back to earlier days, and those characters that were... errr... not something you're proud of in hindsight. The edgies, the mary sues, the godwolves, the whole lot of them.

I used to have SO many edgy black cat OCs that were evil and ate kittens, etc. etc.

So, what are some of your early, "cringe" characters?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline CeramicSoul

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • One day M'love
    • View Profile
Re: Old Cringey Characters
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 01:28:03 am »
My n00bie charrs I made them perfect because I was a newbie they where all named like storm or lizze or stuff like that.
Your friendly neighborhood derp.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:31:05 am »
Not really sure I had a cringe character but there was one where I had to keep changing because I was never satisfied on how they should look. I'm making yet ANOTHER design for them. Maybe this one will stay, not sure. Lol.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 01:33:28 am »
I had two cringy lionesses. Don't remember the name of one, but it was 0-0-0 black with bright purple cub spots and aqua underbelly. The other one that was named Tama was 0-0-0 black with white stripes. I look back on them and I'm just like...what in the world was I even thinking?

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 01:42:54 am »
My cringe character was a wolf with the basic horrible backstory...

It was black and white. The most popular wolf color.

That's all I remember about cringe characters.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 01:45:28 am »
literally every single character ive made I have plenty of old cringey characters.

Most significant was Ghinjo. She was Scar's (from TLK) daughter and was his favorite daughter and swore that she would avenge this death and kill all the pridelanders etc etc

She was incredibly unoriginal, and her character design was horrible. I loved her at the time, but now I cringe just running across a picture of her.

The other one is Kamaria. I still keep her around, considering she's in my current main character's family, but she's way different from her original form. She used to be this incredibly gothic looking wolf who somehow survived getting attacked by a full grown wolf as a newborn and having the rest of her pack killed off. She had a very 'tragic' backstory and while roleplaying her I was incredibly attention-seeking and wanted everyone to adore her.

But hey, thats what I liked at the time. I'm always learning new ways to make better, more balanced, and more enjoyable characters. Even if I think they were bad characters now, I loved them, and its helped me learn what makes a good character and what makes a bad character. So really, without those old 'cringey' characters, I probably wouldn't have learned anything today.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 02:47:10 am »
I'm sure I had plenty of cringey characters... lol.

An experiment-feline of some sort was something, I remember, but I sadly forget the name. Although, she  might not be so bad. There's Havor the Killer, too, argh. He was a bit of a cliche, but I still have memories of roleplay that were good. He was a human character, basically, based after Tsume of Wolf's Rain. Darkish skin, amber eyes, white hair, black clothes - You get the picture. XI No explanation for the unnatural hair color, too...

The Phantom/Ferius Geether, too, was a brother to my main character, Azerus Geether. I fixed him up with some reasons to why he was so cringey, though. //sobs// And of course, there was my very first character, Loving the lioness. And characters like that back then. There were some overpowered ones, too, like a dog with metal claws...

I think, usually, when I make cringey characters, I either cover it up with creative/somewhat creative explanations, or just ditch the character and begin on the next. I think that's good, though, to kinda fix them if they're old but you like them still. I did that with Exxy, made him pretty complicated I think. I can't say whether or not he's a good character, sadly, but at least I like him and I enjoy roleplaying him, I suppose. ^^'

...Other than that, I'm not sure if I really remember the cringe of my characters, depending on which aspect. My roleplaying back then was a bit cringey, at least, and some backstories like with Nira the lioness, I believe, although I only remember small aspects of that one. ...I think most of the cringe might've come from the backstories, actually.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 02:55:54 am »
In my first few months of playing I would always make random male wolves named "Shadow" (or something else just as unoriginal) and just sit in the mate center to see who liked me o3o

Those guys make me cringe though, especially now that I'm looking back on some of their designs
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 10:39:10 am »
Bringing up this memory is like nails on a chalkboard XD Butttttt, my most cringe-worthy character was a black cat that looked *siimilar* to Scourge from the Warrior Cats series. I called her Rain and I declared that she was the daughter of Scourge and an unknown rogue mother. She was the basic like copycat *hue pun intended* of Scourge though and now looking back, it makes me frown that I ever went down such a path xD
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 11:12:54 am »
I once made a character called Fang, and made him a black lion with scars all around him, and red eyes. Then I made him act all bad and mean. I realized how cringe worthy, and I deleted him. I also had other characters that had pink and yellow fur, and neon colors. Those are good colors, but to me it looked very cringy on my characters.