Author Topic: Wolves of the Sharkanyan woods.  (Read 19777 times)

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Only God can heal my broken wings and set me free.
    • View Profile
Re: Wolves of the Sharkanyan woods.
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 06:30:47 pm »
Exasperation filled Helian as blinding light streamed into the room once more. "Can't a wolf get some sleep?" she grumbled, blinking against the brightness and wishing for the black that soothed her eyes. Although the doors were constantly opened, her eyes would always protest, and she would find herself craving for darkness while her body ached for a taste of sunlight. A growl began to rise in her throat, but she shook her head and stared wearily at the cold metal floor pressing against her paws. She didn't care if she was picked or not - every day, she was just living the same dream over and over again. It didn't matter what happened - perhaps death would be better than lying curled up in this tiny cage where she wasn't allowed to move from it. It would be nice to be picked though because it meant she would be able to breathe in a different air, even if the oxygen she took in was tinged with the blood and sweat of former wolves. She would be able to stretch her legs and run around, even if it was for her own life. She really wasn't sure if she did want to be picked or not, but the wolf shook her large head again, concluding she didn't care as long as one of the two choices she made.

Another choice Helian wished that the humans would choose was to set the wolves free, but she knew that would probably never come true as long as people remained entertained by this sick dance - a dance of life and death that could go either way. She licked her paw to comfort herself and glanced at the bars of the cage, tempted to run her tongue over them again, but she decided against it, not wanting to attract too much unwanted attention.

The screeching of a cage filled Helian's ears, and she glanced up, surprised and slightly relieved she hadn't been picked. She approached the cage door and pressed her face against the bars in an attempt to see who had been chosen. The cool metal, still slightly damp from her tongue, pressed against her soft fur as her eyes scanned the room. She caught the glimpse of a human shadow stretching on the cages across from her, and she waited patiently as it became bigger and bigger till a tall man filled her vision. She caught a flash of a dull pelt, but it wasn't the color of the fur that she recognized. A pair of eyes filled with familiar, black anger glared at her, and she flinched, nearly jolting backwards as fear rammed her heart into her throat.

"Adro!" Helian yelped, but it came out only in a soft whisper. Desperation filled her as she watched the wolf in its cage be carried away, but she knew she could do nothing. Even if she despised the wolf's anger and snapped rude comments at her, she still held a soft spot for her, and she knew life would never be the same if Adro never came back. Helian's mouth felt dry, and for a moment, she couldn't speak, but she finally found her voice in time to bark, "Be safe!"

Before she could say anything else, the heavy door slammed shut, ending her sentence in an abrupt punctuation.

Click image to view my art gallery.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 06:43:13 pm »
After a couple men took one wolf out, another began to walk down the aisle, gazing at each wolf as he passed. As he walked by the sleeping Creon's cage, he stopped and did a quick double take at the sleeping brute. A dark smirk crept across his face, remembering the female they had picked out's ferocity. "This one seems kinda lazy. It'll make for quite the entertainment to see it get torn apart by that vicious one." He said to the man beside him with a chuckle. With a cracked smirk, it popped the little lock on the cage, swinging the cage door open. Creon somehow failed to notice, laying in a content, deep slumber- that is, until the man snatched the scruff of his neck and stuffed a muzzle over his snout. The dire wolf's eyes shot open in confusion and surprise, not being able to fully open his maw only adding to the groggy panic. With a yelp of surprise, he thrashed his limbs to cling to the cage while the man dragged him out by the scruff. Snarling viciously, he reared and thrashed his body, desperately trying to bite hold of the man. The iron muzzle made it impossible to even open his jaws, making every bite attempt in vain. The men slipped a rope over his neck and tightened it until it was almost hard to breathe, quickly beginning to drag the brute out. Creon snarled defiantly and reared again, forced forward by the strong rope. "You bloody freaks. I'll tear your throats out!" He snarled to the humans, confusion grasping tight hold of his mind. The double doors swung open, sending in the bright beams of light as he was dragged through. He ceased his struggle to gaze around in awe and sudden realization. Ohh. The fights! He thought in understanding, confusion replaced by a smirk of anticipation. "Right! Wot mangy mutt do I 'ave to fight? Let's get on wif the free food already!" He yipped, more than ready to stuff his face with the meat the humans supposedly threw at them, especially after not eating for a week or so.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 06:46:58 pm »
((Bye, Creon!

He was so young and naive! o3o Sorry I couldn't resist putting that gif up there ... I was just waiting for the perfect moment ...))

Helian's eyes widened as she saw Creon struggling in the large human's grasp, but her face immediately relaxed when she realized the ignorant wolf would finally see how awful life here was. "See you later!" she barked loudly at him as he passed. "If you ever do come back!" A strange satisfaction flowed over her as she sat back on her haunches and licked her nose, watching as the door slammed after Creon and the human. She wondered when the pacing humans would finally stop at her cage and drag her out there, but she knew it could be any time soon. It could even be now, but silence had filled the rooms once more, and panic had fled them, leaving only despair and the anxiety that came as she wondered whether Adro and Creon would come back or not.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:50:52 pm by CoffeeAddict »

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »
Bahahahahahaha!! XDD That, was beautiful.))
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 06:55:30 pm »
((LOL OHMYGOSH))

Adro paced around her rather tight cage, growling as she waited for her opponent. When the doors opened, Adro let out a snarl, crouching in her cage as she impatiently waited for her cage to be opened. Her eyes narrowed when she recognized the male canine who had brushed the fight off so easily. "You?" She snarled, a scowl deepening. She wasn't sure whether to say this would be easily or not, but she only threw herself against the cage, wanting to be free. "C'mon you freaks! Lemme out!" Ador snapped impatiently, glaring at the brute. Cheers erupted as the cage door suddenly flew open, and Adro squeezed out, her eyes narrowing as she began to sprint towards the brute. Suddenly, something wrapped around her neck and yanked her back, a strangled yelp escaping her maw as the human dragged her towards him.

"Not so fast." The man growled, although Adro didn't understand him.

Hurry up! she muttered, craning her neck in attempt to gnaw at the rope. Her ears perked when the man suddenly nodded at the other, who had the brute's rope in his hand.

"You ready?" the human asked, before releasing the rope around her neck. Finally free, Adro tore away, snarling at the male as she circled him, waiting to strike.

((Just wanted to do that so you could get ready x3))

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 07:04:31 pm »
((Ooooh, this gonna be goood! - eats rainbow popcorn while watching -))

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 07:05:11 pm »
"You?" Creon repeated, staring wide-eyed at who his opponent was. He didn't even blink or think twice as the man slipped the muzzle off his snout. "Well, I usually don't prefer to fight females." He said, optics locked on the now released she-wolf who had just started circling him. The man holding the rope nodded at the other and let it slip off Creon's head. "... But in this case, I fink I can make an exception." He quickly added with a smirk, lowering his head and taking a few slow strides to avoid putting his back to the circling foe. Snapping out of his joking mood, he peeled his lips away from his large canines in a snarl, eyes locked on his target. Deciding not to give the satisfaction of the first move to his opponent, he suddenly sprang off his hind paws without warning, leaping towards his opponent with his ominous jaws open and ready to grab hold of any flesh possible.

((Rainbow popcorn!? GIMME SOME.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 07:09:30 pm »
Adro let out a snarl as the brute suddenly leaped at her. She was about to dodge it when he suddenly slammed against her, his jaws grasping her throat. Thinking quickly, she craned her neck and tried to grab his paw, looking for a way to distract the brute from her throat. ((GAAH THE SHORTNESS IT'S KILLING ME))

((NO MY POPCORN!!!!!!

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »
((XD Dat gif.))

Creon smirked through his mouthful of flesh and fur as he found his attack had worked and the fae's throat was firmly grasped in his jaws. This is easier than I thought. He exclaimed in his mind, tightening his jaws. Suddenly, a sharp pain on one of his forepaws distracted his tense focus on the choke hold. Unintentionally, he released his grip on her neck to let out a yipe of pain. He tugged hard on his forepaw to pull it free from his opponent's jaws, snarling. Placing his other paw on her head for leverage, he pulled some more without thinking, snarling at the piercing pain his motion had caused due to her strong hold on his single paw.
sig by me

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 07:16:10 pm »
(())