Author Topic:  (Read 14407 times)

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 01:00:21 am »
Before the gate...

Running with speed, the rot mix ran, almost being able to taste cat. One more snap of his jaw and he'd have her... He stopped, flinching when he felt a weight hit him and teeth meet his back, causing him to tip and fall backwards. He rolled back over, though before he could think, his brown companion had ran back over to help and sunk his teeth into the stranger dogs tail and pulled him back. I owe Tick I guess... He thought to himself as he was freed and got up. He'd handle the dog later, but since food was more important he continued after the cat. The brown shepherd mix stayed, blocking the husky's path with a snarl, "Why are you even trying to get involved? This is our prey."

Chars mentioned: Nik
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:49:02 am by ?????????????t??? »

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 02:04:53 am »
Nik's tail dropped and his ears pulled back.
"What did I get myself into?" He mumbled.  He took a step back and looked over the two dogs.  Maybe if there was just one he could fight and get away.  But the fence was behind him and he needed a running start to get over it.  He had to get past them.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline XxDubstepxX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 03:30:09 am »

Bear

Bear kept walking along the side of the road. His claws kept clicking against the concrete. Bear stopped at the sight of a nice looking alley, there was no new scents of any dogs living here. Bear then walked down the alley and looked around, there was a small over hang from the building above that would provide shelter from the rain, if it happened to start raining overnight. "This should do quite nicely." Bear said to himself with a satisfied nod. His tail wagged out of happiness that he completed his goal with still so much time left in his day.

After Bear exited the alley, he headed towards the busier part of the city. "I bet there's still some food to be found." he murmured. Bear sniffed the air for any sign of near by food. He perked his head up at the scent of some meat near by. Bear went into a sprint to get his food. Bear stopped as he saw a trash can and on top of the pile of trash was a thrown out piece meat. Bear smiled and gave a snicker "Looks like it's my lucky day." he said as Bear grabbed the meat in his meat and went off to find a place to eat in peace.

Whoops...

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 01:47:41 pm »

Armani

"Lifes to important to be taken seriously"

Still perched upon the dumpster Armani watched as many people shuffled by, cars beeping as the rows filled up with traffic-the busy hourse had now started and New York was now filled. Car fumes filled the air, footsteps and chatter lingered past her ears as they rushed by-shops had now begun to open causing many scents to evacuate onto the streets.

But the sudden sound of barking and growling caught the dogs attention from a near by neighbour hood, her ears lifted and she leaned to one side in attempt to hear the commotion-but the sounds from the streets seemed to block it out. Growling, the black and tan mix shuffled to her paws and leapt down from a dumpster-now heading towards the situation. On her travels she spotted a small Bull Terrier she realised as Rex-who trotted past leash around his neck but without a word she only gave a wink and hurried on. As she stopped at the road side the traffic made it impossible to cross, her paws tapping against the ground "C'mon move it!" she barked until spotting a small opening. Barking she charged across the road running between the cars, then extending her sturdy legs she leapt upon the front of a car and leapt onto another three before reaching the other side.

Now, the constant barks were more clear and the scent of cat caught her nose-soon followed by another four dogs. Narrowing her eyes she trotted down the alley a few figures in the distance. Leaping onto of yet another dumpster she waited patiently for the feline and the canine to pass-not bothering with the three dogs further down the street.

As she predicted the two came charging down the street a small gingered coloured cat with a large Rottweiler hot on its tail. Grinning Armani couldn't help but be mischevious and get involved-like she usually did. As they grew nearer and nearer Armani let out a bark towards the brute which caused his head to turn. With her front paws hanging off the edge of the dumpster she smiled-tail wagging behind her. "Don't you think you should pick on something your own size? I mean I just know how much of a chicken you gang dogs can be..." she teased with a grin from ear to ear as she shuffled a little-glaring down at the male with a questioning glare-her eye lashed fluttering as her fur blew a little in the breeze.

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 03:40:00 pm »

"Do it now. Later will always become Never."

Name: Dakota

Species: Dog

Breed: Rottweiler

Personality: Dakota is a loyal dog. He is protective of his siblings. He is nice to most humans, but he hates the mean kind. He is usually time to most dogs, but he has been known to get into fights.

Background: Dakota was born in an alley along with his sister, Spirit. Their father bought for food, while their mother taught Spirit to hunt. Alternatively, Dakota's father taught him to fight. His father was killed in  a fight. Dakota continued in his place for he just became an adult. When Dakota's mother had his little brother Bluejay and dried in the process, Dakota's sister and he were determined to be successful in raising a family.

Crush: None

Family: Sarah (Mother, Dead) Tetrix (Father, Dead) Spirit (Sister, Living) Bluejay (Brother, Living)

Stray(?): Yes

Extra: You might remember them the Warehouse rp XD

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 04:09:38 pm »

[[Oh yes I remember Dakota, Bluejay and Spirit! Of course your characters are accepted Duna!]]
DA Account

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 04:55:59 pm »
(Ok can I get a little recap so I know what is going on so I am not totally clueless?)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 05:10:30 pm »

[[Oreoz is yet to post for her characters so nothing for them.

@Dubstep - so far all that's happened with Bear is he has wondered through the city looking for shelter, he has found a perfect location somewhere in an alley then found some food in a trash can he is now eating.

@Rustys - his character Nik had heart the commotion between Fox and three other dogs, and had went to help. Sadly he got stopped in his tracks after bumping into the 'alpha' of the small group and now his two lackies are holding Nik back-i believe he's looking for a way to escape.

@?????????????t??? - Fox - previously Fox had been searching for food, seeking a group of pigeons being fed near by she tried but sadly missed. Then she moved on and I believe she was wondering down an alley but bumped into a group of three dogs who began chasing her. She was in Rue's garden and soon escaped and ran back through and alley the Rottie hot on her tail, then Armnai stepped in.

Rue - I believe was first in some sort of cafe whith her owners, soon returning home and staying out in her garden. That's when Fox leapt over along with the Rottie hanging on the fence-Rue began bickering at the Rottie who soon left with the cat. From what I think I can remember she's still in her garden.

@Taylor - so far my character had gotten up at early hours when the streets were empty, finding a bite to eat in an alley. Then hit a ride on the back of a van where she sang a song-then exited by leaping across cars. Again, looking for food she managed to get some at a sausage stand and wondered through the streets meeting a few familiar dogs who are NPC's. Setting herself on a small dumpster she heard the situation between Nik, Fox, Rue and the other canines so decided to head on over. Sitting on a dumpster she had now made an attempt in distracting the brute as you will see in my previous post.

The three gang dogs are NPC's, if I've missed anything out please state in your next posts-but I think I have gotten the main parts. So basically Duna that's all I think has happened so far, so just jump right in.]]
DA Account

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2014, 06:24:25 pm »

"I will read ashes for you, if you ask me.

I will look in the fire and tell you from the gray lashes,
how fire runs as far as the sea."

Quick Info
My name is Torla. I am four years old, and I am of the female. My species is a canine and my breed is a border collie. I am a stray.

A high-pitched squeal of tires startled Torla, causing her to topple over onto the cement ground. A small ache shot up her body, but she rolled over, pushing herself up onto her paws. Groggily glancing around, she stretched, yawned, before releasing her tight muscles and shaking out her fur. Once shade of sleep lifted from her, she surveyed her surroundings, narrowing her eyes slightly. She was in a work area, however, there were no workers or machines moving, which meant they had not come yet. A pile of wet cement was plopped near her, and the cane was lift hanging in mid-air. The cement truck sat nearby, but there was no one in it. Several other machines Torla could not identify sat idle, waiting to be used for work.

Closing her eyes for a brief second, her stomach let out a small growl, gently prompting her to find a meal to start the day. She moved forward in response, mentally telling her stomach to patiently wait. Trotting up towards the barbwire fence, which surrounded the work sight, she hauled herself over, relieved that it was not electric. Or that it had not been set on.

Clumsily landing on the other side, Torla caught her balance, before continuing on her way. At the moment, there were no vehicles on the streets, which made it easier for the border collie to cross. After she made it onto the other side, a small car trotted along the street, moving rather slowly. She caught a glimpse of an elderly human - a woman, to be exact - hunched over the steering wheel. She seemed to be cautiously moving, keeping her gaze latched onto the lanes in front of her. Her knuckles gripped the wheel tightly as she made a slow turn, careful not to cross onto the other lane. The human seemed not to notice the canine, and gradually disappeared around the building's corner.

A small smile of amusement nearly flashed across the collie's face, but she fought against it, and turned to head towards the most busy area of the city. It was where she normally found street venders or random humans who were willing to slip some of their food to canines, who skirted around. She normally went for the random ones who were plopped on the benches nearby than the ones who sold their food. They usually chased off the creatures who dared the venture closer. Shaking her head in disgust at the thought of it, Torla stepped into the busy street, barely dodging a car which screeched past. At the movement, she toppled over into a human, who leaped out of the way and began to swear under his breath. At the look of him, Torla knew he was a business man, who desired to keep his clothes clean.

Scurrying out of the way, she weaved past the jammed cars, since the tricky red light always seemed to appear every minute or so. Usual small swear words bursted out of the lowered windows of vehicles as she leaped onto the hoods or the flat platform of their vehicles. A devious smirk crept onto her face, and she finally landed onto the other side of the street. The scent of hot dogs blasted through her nostrils, and excitement pounced over her. She raised her crown to where the scent was coming from. A slightly-chubby man stood protectively over his cooking, raising his eyes once and a while to check around his environment. Her tail wagged as she padded forward, ducking behind a parked car to hide herself from his crow-like view.

Once a customer came closer, Torla crept out, peeking from behind the car. When the two humans began to communicate with each other, she ventured closer, careful to keep hidden from the two's view. Now at an angle from the seller's cart, she fixed her gaze onto the string of hot dogs tucked inside. She cautioned herself, reminding not to make any mistaken sudden moves. The vender reached down, pulled out two hot dogs with his gloves, and plopped them down in front of the customer. At that moment, Torla shot out, quickly snatching the end of the long string of hot dogs. She turned and leaped away, skirting around a skateboard and ambling down the street. Through the small breeze of the wind, she could hear the angry shouts of the vender behind her. When she thrust a glance behind, she saw the chubby man clomping after her, raising his fist as a sign of rage.  

However, the swift canine was too fast for the chubby man. The collie briskly turned the corner and leaped over the fence, knocking down several empty boxes stacked outside. As her paws hit the soft grass, she took a breath, before she shot off again.

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 04:02:14 am »
The rot mix and his two "followers" found Fox eating her pigeon and cat+pigeon=fully doggies. Fox ran and scaled the fence, climbing over into Rues yard while the rot tried climbing over but failed doing so. One of his companions is now trying to find a way through the gate while the other is busy with Nik. The rot, being called upon by Armani was staring at her now. Sorry x.x I got confused and just making sure where everyone was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RUE

Rue stared, frowning more as more street dogs had appeared. She figured they came with the scary looking mix but was surprised when she saw a she-dog jump onto a dumpster and stare down at him, challenging him: "Don't you think you should pick on something your own size? I mean I just know how much of a chicken you gang dogs can be...". The rot had fallen down from the gate, unable to climb over, but was now distracted by the strange she dog. He stared up at her and growled low, "Pick on...? No, i'm just trying to scavenge up some breakfast... Problem with that?" He didn't take his eyes away from her and snorted.

Rue turned her attention around back to the orange cat who ran towards the side of another gate and began climbing but the white dog that was with the rot had ran to meet her on the other side. The cat hissed before jumping back into the backyard, looking frustrated and scared. Rue knew that if the orange cat had jumped over, a dog would get to her. Rue frowned, her curved tail wagging nervously as she turned her attention yet again to the rot.

The rot mix scoffed,his tail flicking, "I'll talk after I catch my prey..." He jumped again, trying to climb the silver gate again, his front paws making it to the top and hanging over to the other side while his back legs kicked at the air. Rue yelped, backing away towards the door again in fear, afraid now that the rot was going to end up in her yard, even though the rot seemed to be having some difficulties trying to climb.

The brown shepherd mix that had met Nik and blocked his path, continued glaring at him and muttered, "Just stay out of our business... Get out of here."