Author Topic: Bonfire Island  (Read 28677 times)

slycan

Re: Bonfire Island
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 01:10:56 am »
c: i agree.
unfortunately, though, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. how? when kov was stil: developing the game -- we rushed him. most said to hurry up, and only a handful were trying to coax everyone into waiting and, no, the greater group won! :[ shame too.. i could've waited,

*pats and hugs*

): Don't worry, things can only go up hill for now.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:44 am »
'How do you move around??'
'Is this it is there more?'

And this is the reason bonfire is so full of people, most of them are stuck there XD Probably... It probably needs to be made clearer what the portal is and where it is. that way those who go on bonfire and don't know what to do to get to other places don't have to wait for someone to help them figure it out...

And personally I wish there was a limit for bonfire, like say, 100 people are in bonfire, so it is full, and anyone else who logs in is sent to ficho tunnel or flourite plains...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 02:55:58 am »
personally, i think the default should be plain, however, i think default -- and ONLY default -- should have ALL portals. :) just at defualt, like how it was in IT. it's convenient, and easy. c:

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 04:09:52 pm »
I really think that Fluorite should be the default map instead, and just make Bonfire a nice little side map like the Temple of Dreams (and PLEASE make a way to go back to it through Ficho. Seriously!)

It would be a lot more convenient that way since Fluorite is really like a "hub" already.
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity

Offline Peter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 06:27:13 pm »
I just noticed that there is a circle of dirt in the middle of the island... probably put a bonfire there :D

Nyan Cat

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 07:20:00 am »
I dont lag on bonfire, so its fine with me (Laptops start hating on computer user) Other than that, Yes bonfire island could be a bit bigger, and having a few more dens on the side would be amazing. The greatest thing about bonfire is the glitch to go up trees. Really feel greatful when people come up to you like ":O how u get up der D: .". Other than that, To escape the lag, just go to the shore or behind the hill. Truly looking off the ledge on a very crappy PC is... a bad idea... period not sure about MACs though. The people in bonfire are just generally teenagers who want to have fun. Or trolls who want to have fun but dont give a thought if someone else has fun with them. And making users angry is their point of being in bonfire. making bonfire into a 700 sized map is a great idea, and having under ground water filled tunnels with cave material is... an amazing idea. I might make a map based on bonfire island in a better version. Yet not making it public. Also lots of fights or den claiming goes on in fluorite and bonfire. So an idea of more caves is great. More than half of feralheart is groups, and most people CANNOT download the new map pack or just an ordinary map. Some cant even upload it, So you have all of these people who mostly want a den to roleplay in thats private.. Also they could add rocks that have little caves inside them, or trunks that have little caves inside them. AKA for warrior cats, a small player, a bunny etc. Not lions or something a bit above the normal sized feralheart player.

Most of my ideas would cause lag. But im not a PC that is a lag fest. Also, making bonfire bigger would be great because... Every day there is about fifty people talking at once or atleast twenty. Especially someone who doesnt speak your language, so running away farther into bonfire is a pretty good idea especially for those getting stalked or trying to flee from godmodders. Ficho is the quietest place I know.  Having some weather in the offical maps from time to time would be amazing... and making more maps that are offical (Note: No new meshes that make a heck of a lag fest for other users that arn't me xD) For example a volcano map, and my friend and I downloaded the map, she had a lag frenzy. XD

I have no idea why I put two posts. Oh and Bonfire island should have a bonfire in the middle, im justa sayin. Also some butterflies at day would be a bit awesome. They dont have collision and only two animations while they drift in a random pattern so dont say "LAG LAG LAG LAG CODE CODE CODE LAGALAGLLGALGALGALGLKLZKLZK" but it would take a lotta coding for these. and at night there is fireflies.

Offline fhamanda22

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • "It's a very, very mad world" ~Gary Jules
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 06:28:54 pm »
yup. It is possible to get back to bonfire if you know how :) It's kinda nice if you need to find a new group to hang with because that is where everyone starts. either that or you can just set Bonfire as your home.... but what fun is that :) :D

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere"
     ~"Mad World" by Gary Jules

Avatar and signature photos edited by me <3

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 10:01:30 pm »
All I'm saying is, I went back to Bonefire Island on Impressive Title yesterday and (apart from picking up so many draw points my character turned into freakin' super-cat), I preferred it with the less clutter it had then. A few trees and literally nothing else. The fireworks as well were a sweet touch.
In the IT days, I used to go to Bonefire to sit, chat, collect draw points (sometimes) and on the odd occasion, hunt. It was brilliant. I'm sorry but I don't think anything will ever replace the old Bonefire and FH will never replace IT :3

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2011, 10:29:26 pm »
Does it really matter?

I don't think so. Bonfire Island is ugly, yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to go in it. It's a good map for arriving in, and really was useful for me when I first went into multiplayer. There were plenty of people there who I could get some information from.

It also keeps the foreigners away from the other maps so that we don't have them in Flourite Plains or Ficho Tunnel as much as we would if there wasn't any Bonfire Island.

In my eyes, Bonfire Island is needed. If you don't like it, don't go in it. I certainly don't.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2011, 07:40:53 am »
Does it really matter?

I don't think so. Bonfire Island is ugly, yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to go in it. It's a good map for arriving in, and really was useful for me when I first went into multiplayer. There were plenty of people there who I could get some information from.

It also keeps the foreigners away from the other maps so that we don't have them in Flourite Plains or Ficho Tunnel as much as we would if there wasn't any Bonfire Island.

In my eyes, Bonfire Island is needed. If you don't like it, don't go in it. I certainly don't.

You know....to some other people, us English speakers are foreign.
Watch how you address different races or accusations could be thrown around, see?
I'm english speaking but I'm Nigerian...techinially, im foreign, I don't take kindly to any sort of discrimination