Author Topic: Bonfire Island  (Read 28688 times)

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
Re: Bonfire Island
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 11:11:57 pm »
I have it as my home since there is no other way to get back to it. Once you fall down the waterfall in Ficho Tunnel, your adventure starts and theres no turning back.

Unless you add some rocks that we can jump on to get back up.

Also, why call it "Bonfire Island" when there is no bonfire? lol.

If u know how to do the Screenie Super-Jump glitch u can have your home anywhere u want and still go back to bonfire 8D

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 04:41:44 am »
There are days where I love Bonfire, and days when I want to nuke it. I like its atmosphere sometimes, but other times I'm like "I could make something better than this in my sleep." However, at all times, I think this about the default map: Bonfire is a big bowl of lag.

No, really. It's this round trap, with a near-deadly pit of lag at the bottom. It's tiny when compared to Fluorite and Ficho, and that's where I think a lot of trouble comes from. So many players in such a tiny space. And no escape except to try and flee into Ficho. I have no lag when I'm looking AWAY from the bazillion people there. XD I wouldn't mind Bonfire nearly as much if were a bit bigger, so that people were spread out a tad more.

And on the subject of portals... I like the idea of maybe having a portal to the Cape there, as well. It's a hassle running from Bonfire to the Cape right now. "Too bad. Running is cool." There could still be a portal to the Cape in Fluorite, for those who like to go there - but also a portal in Bonfire for easy-access.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 04:47:27 am »
i dont mind bonfire lol
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline TannerWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • minceraft
    • SekiiRei
    • Zanekai
    • SekiiRei
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 05:44:56 am »
I like it as default, although, I don't like the noobs there.
It's a fun place to hang, if it's like, 4 AM and nobody is there, and there's no lag.
Though, you can always go to the deserted areas and hide from them.

I think it's okay, but I think you should be able to choose what map you would like to have as your default, to prevent clutter in one map.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 12:07:22 pm »
Some people mentioned earlier that bonfire is too small and it makes a clutter of text.

I'm not sure I see that as a reason for it to be bad as a default map. The default map should on auto be the one map that most people meet in. I want infact that the start map should be packed with people. It's meant to be the start map afterall.

Personally it's how extremely plain the map is, with one direction to go only. 1 island with 1 hill that has 1 den ontop of it with one tunnel entrance. Not saying I want some super flashy default map. But a more intresting heightmap, and more ways to go from the start.

Bonfire does the job for now. But I'm most certain it could've been a lil more intresting than it is.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Nyan Cat

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 03:15:50 am »
I guess bonfire island is ok. The ficho tunnel running through it though, You can just prnt scrn into the ceiling as a short cut. And the noobs, wolfaboos K9s, rapists in bonfire, you can always block or report them.

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 12:43:16 pm »
There are days where I love Bonfire, and days when I want to nuke it. I like its atmosphere sometimes, but other times I'm like "I could make something better than this in my sleep." However, at all times, I think this about the default map: Bonfire is a big bowl of lag.

first, bonfire dosnt glitch at all for me so maybe its most peoples computers becuase my dad biult mine :)

second, TALK ABOUT ATMOSPHERE! yesterday I went on bonfire, and this person started talking to me. Beutiful wolf, ugly words, they were telling me all these SEXY jokes to me, I dont even want to say it.

Evanescence

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 08:22:35 pm »
Meh... bonfire has nice twees. :)

Offline TannerWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • minceraft
    • SekiiRei
    • Zanekai
    • SekiiRei
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 12:17:02 am »
I hate the lag, but if you sit there and take the time to actually read what they are saying it's funny sometimes

'Yo dude, it's not rape if you like it!'
'How do you move around??'
'Is this it is there more?'
'lul wtf r u doin dude'

xD

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2011, 01:08:25 am »
c: i agree.
unfortunately, though, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. how? when kov was stil: developing the game -- we rushed him. most said to hurry up, and only a handful were trying to coax everyone into waiting and, no, the greater group won! :[ shame too.. i could've waited,