Author Topic: [~Supportive Idea's for Community Issues~]  (Read 35251 times)

Twiliac

Re: Unethical or Awareness ? - Less Moan - More Support.
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2011, 05:36:38 am »
Well Draak it's really up to the administrators if they assign more in game moderators. We can bother poor Slycan here all we want, and there's really nothing Sly can do about it except do the same thing we can do, which is PM an admin. :/

Yeah they are on the same time each day. Its actually kind of sad that we know who the local plains troll group is.

Hrm, I agree on they need more mods..

I wonder why we have so few In-Game.

//Just decided to pipe in.

Ritza

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2011, 05:39:09 am »

I sadly wonder the same thing as well. I've only seen three numbers pop through as well. It's either there are only three for over four hundred people, or the others are inactive. Nothing much you can do once again. I mean we can walk around as troll patrol all we want, but truthfully we can't do anything at all. And if we do activity go after the three/four queen trolls that we are thinking of, we risk getting ban as well if we go about it in the wrong way. So back to square one. What to do.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:41:12 am by Ritzaloveforever »

Twiliac

« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2011, 05:41:18 am »

I sadly wonder the same thing as well. I've only seen three numbers pop through as well. It's either there are only three for over four hundred people, or the others are inactive, or they don't do anything. Nothing much you can do once again. I mean we can walk around as troll patrol all we want, but truthfully we can't do anything at all. And if we do activity go after the three/four queen trolls that we are thinking of, we risk getting ban as well if we go about it in the wrong way. So back to square one. What to do.

-Nods.-

It seems like it, I'd be a mod my self..since I'm on almost 23/7 any how. >.>.

/Computer geek.

- I'd say, open mod applications for In-Game, older, more mature peeps that will just keep an eye on the chats when they should/need to.

Like now, so they can deal with the problem properly. :/.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:43:51 am by Twilia »

Ritza

« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2011, 05:49:05 am »
-Nods.-

/Computer geek.
- I'd say, open mod applications for In-Game, older, more mature peeps that will just keep an eye on the chats when they should/need to.

I can agree with you on this Twilia, I'm the same way. 23/7 <--- Lulz at that.
So what do we do? :/
And I agree with you about opening In-Game applications. But then again, how would they know who is passionate about actually helping. Or just wants crazy blood thirty kicking rights to show off to their friends? Yes they need more people. I think we can all agree on that one.

So...
We can either....

A) PM an administrator.
B) PM Slycan. <--- (This would probably just annoy the heck out of Sly xDDD )
C) Do nothing. <-- ( This was the problem in the first place. Not a very good answer)
D) Vigilante Justice <- (Hope we do this right so we don't get kicked trying to uproot a Troll Queen)
E) Blink...and watch.  <-- (Like cows in a field)
F) Abuse and beat the block button like crazy. <-- (I hate doing this)

Twiliac

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2011, 05:55:31 am »
-Nods.-

/Computer geek.

I can agree with you on this Twilia, I'm the same way. 23/7 <--- Lulz at that.
So what do we do? :/
And I agree with you about opening In-Game applications. But then again, how would they know who is passionate about actually helping. Or just wants crazy blood thirty kicking rights to show off to their friends? Yes they need more people. I think we can all agree on that one.

So...
We can either....

A) PM an administrator.
B) PM Slycan. <--- (This would probably just annoy the heck out of Sly xDDD )
C) Do nothing. <-- ( This was the problem in the first place. Not a very good answer)
D) Vigilante Justice <- (Hope we do this right so we don't get kicked trying to uproot a Troll Queen)
E) Blink...and watch.  <-- (Like cows in a field)
F) Abuse and beat the block button like crazy. <-- (I hate doing this)

A - Seems useless, they are never on. From my knowledge and contacting them is impossible.
B - Likely should avoid xD.
C - Bad answer, very bad..it's how it got like this in the first place. By simply, ignoring it.
D - This one..is chancy :/, sure you may be trying to help, but if a mod pops on and see what your doing, let alone take it the wrong way. Ban hammer for you.
E - Like B.
F - It doesn't do crude~. Sure you can block em and abuse the block button, but what does it do for the rest of the community here? Honestly I'm tired of hearing 'Oh hey, use the block button it's your best friend. Herp a derpy.'

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2011, 07:49:54 am »
I've actually PM'd both admins on this forum about a serious issue but none of them ever replied. I'm not sure if they ever got the PMs and/or read them. I do see one of them on the site from time to time but it's maybe....once a week? I do understand that they both might be busy with real life stuff but they do have a responsibility of running and maintaining this forum/game and not leaving solely up to the few mods.

I also think the 'Troll Vigilante' would be really risky and isn't a good idea. Trying to assert some sort of authority when you aren't a mod/admin could end badly.

I do like the block button, but yeah, all it does is hide them from you. It doesn't totally eliminate the problem for everyone else.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2011, 09:51:11 am »
  Hmm... being banned for our troll patrol is a issue, but perhaps we can leave the queen trolls alone? The little ones shouldn't be too much of a bother, and a simple talk can probably sort them out, but with the queen, lot's of screen shots. And many people behind us. Because yes, a mod can probably turn a blind eye to one or two complaints about a 'queen', but if we have enough people behind us we can force them into action. After all, if a majority of people keep bothering them about one person, they have to do something right? (I know that might be a little hopeful... but still XD)

And if we compile huge amounts of screenshots as evidence, compile it together and have enough people backing us, we can send this evidence and such to mods ingame and inforum, and try and force them into action. Of course, that's not saying anything will happen, but we are small fry, we can't really do anything about the leaders, we're like the scouts, taking out the small fry and reporting back to the head honcho's, so they can go out, ban hammers blazing (hopefully XD)

But we would need more troll patrol members for that to really work, instead of three of us...

I know that is really off topic, but I'm trying to think of a way us small fry members can do something other than just block...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2011, 02:19:02 am »
I really like all these ideas espcially the section for reporting this would definatley help the mods and admins out when it comes to trolls and trouble makers. and making it so you can ban or kick people out of  a map u made does sound likea  very good idea. Recording the chat so you can go back and report a user maybe u forgoet there name or whatever would be very cool to.
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2011, 02:21:30 am »
  Hmm... being banned for our troll patrol is a issue, but perhaps we can leave the queen trolls alone? The little ones shouldn't be too much of a bother, and a simple talk can probably sort them out, but with the queen, lot's of screen shots. And many people behind us. Because yes, a mod can probably turn a blind eye to one or two complaints about a 'queen', but if we have enough people behind us we can force them into action. After all, if a majority of people keep bothering them about one person, they have to do something right? (I know that might be a little hopeful... but still XD)

Maybe you could create a group of devoted people in game and have them post screenshots on websites of misconduct and bad behavior. then you can yknow compare and if maybe 3 or 5  users are being a big issue send the shots to a admin or mod and say look this needs to be taken care of

And if we compile huge amounts of screenshots as evidence, compile it together and have enough people backing us, we can send this evidence and such to mods ingame and inforum, and try and force them into action. Of course, that's not saying anything will happen, but we are small fry, we can't really do anything about the leaders, we're like the scouts, taking out the small fry and reporting back to the head honcho's, so they can go out, ban hammers blazing (hopefully XD)

But we would need more troll patrol members for that to really work, instead of three of us...

I know that is really off topic, but I'm trying to think of a way us small fry members can do something other than just block...
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2011, 06:04:18 am »

A troll queen? Since when did you start stroking their egos?

I see nothing punishable about the Ban Patrol other than it seems to be trolling itself, in a sense.
But all I do is sit around so I might as well sit there and be known for screenshotting trolls. :l
Because I can look back and get some cheap giggles.
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness