Author Topic: Wolf Quest  (Read 43311 times)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf Quest
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 07:24:42 pm »
I do want to say that sometimes I start a new game just to mess around with some of the glitches. Once I just hunted at the bunny bush for an hour. (It's a bush that spits out never ending hares) by the end, there was just a bunch of dead hares around me. I look on Google for glitches to try... and they usually don't work.

I got one. Maybe it is specific to my computer, but often times I will be in perfect position to pickup/bite something, and nothing will happen. At all. Trust me, not a glitch you want to fine, but fortunately it doesn't seem to have affected you. Very frustrating, especially when you are trying to move the pups. I get so far, then I simply can't pick them up. Though I can usually chase most predators well enough. Don't even really need to attack them.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:20 pm »
I do want to say that sometimes I start a new game just to mess around with some of the glitches. Once I just hunted at the bunny bush for an hour. (It's a bush that spits out never ending hares) by the end, there was just a bunch of dead hares around me. I look on Google for glitches to try... and they usually don't work.

I got one. Maybe it is specific to my computer, but often times I will be in perfect position to pickup/bite something, and nothing will happen. At all. Trust me, not a glitch you want to fine, but fortunately it doesn't seem to have affected you. Very frustrating, especially when you are trying to move the pups. I get so far, then I simply can't pick them up. Though I can usually chase most predators well enough. Don't even really need to attack them.

That happens to me sometimes. You have to save and quit and then come back again. It does get frustrating though.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 03:40:03 am »
That's a common glitch where the pickup key would freeze up and not work. Basically, something happens where the code disables it or the game thinks you aren't in position so it wouldn't let you pick it up.

The bunny bush is my favorite spawn point when I'm bored because it plays a song that isn't often used. Though the music was something that often annoyed me in the game because the timing for it would always be off or it'd...well...IDK. It would just randomly switch to the bear encounter track even though there isn't any bear near me. 8|

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2013, 04:44:37 am »
Once I had chased the hares far from the bush (well, near dead tree) and then a carcass appeared. So there were 3 hares and an elk. Then a grizzly came to eat, and coyotes followed. Then like, 4 more carcasses appeared. And also there was my mate. It was really funny, so many animals, dead and alive. Coyotes kept on appearing so many times as well as the elk. I have some pics of it but I'm too lazy to post them.
~Devyn~

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2013, 08:48:04 pm »
Well, glad I am not the only one who has had to deal with the glitch. Too frustrating though, if I want to die, I would rather it be because I actually make a mistake, not because the game is poor quality. If a better version were to be made (which it sounds like IT was and Arokai will be), I would be interested in playing those. Sad thing that seems to happen with a lot of these games is that without a rating system, or desiring to keep any rating at a below Teen level, too much effort needs to be spent keeping the game appropriate, allowing less time to make the game enjoyable. FH seems to be balancing the two fairly well though. I think it would be better if a game were made where you just slapped on a Teen or Mature rating and focused entirely on enjoyment for everyone else, as long as there is a decent systematic PVP, because it wouldn't get enough attention w/o it.  And a strategic one, not like WQ where you just trade off bites, timing it with breath. If I were to make the game, I would do nothing to intentionally allow sexual behavior, but I wouldn't bother spending valuable time and effort trying to curb it either.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline theTARDISrocks

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:46 am »
Wolfquest announced awhile back that they would be getting rid of the lexicon chat selection in multiplayer. Well, i think that is what may have happened today, go to your muliplayer list and you will see there is only ONE server open. (im ASSUMING that they are taking everything down to terminate the lexicon, or of course there may be a mass problem (lol... i kinda hope so)) not like it was the best game or anything, but it WAS my first rpg, some good memories. sad to see the lexicon go away for future players :'(

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »
I really like this game, it "launched" me into FH. I have around 20 wolves, I tried to start a WQ blog... but I was lazy. No, not really lazy, after school I feel lazy to post...
The singleplayer is awesome, but doing the same thing again and again... so repetitive. >.> I can't get to MP. Before, I was able, but now... rarely works. RARELY! Like 3 in 3 months. Or even mooorreeeee.
I'm sad WQ can't support server and download. Sometimes, I think how a download is wasting money.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2013, 08:42:47 pm »
Also, most annoying glitch ever:

Happens in Slough Creek sometimes to me. I don't save too often, and for this glitch to stop you have to X out of WQ altogether. No saving. Can't press esc.

Offline Coco1

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Loki of Asgard. God of Mischief
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2013, 04:05:26 am »
Also, most annoying glitch ever:

Happens in Slough Creek sometimes to me. I don't save too often, and for this glitch to stop you have to X out of WQ altogether. No saving. Can't press esc.

Same glich here. Thats why i hare entering the river. My comp block and have to restart it. The glitches are annoying. Like i was underground once. Anyway i love the game even though the glitches and lexicon limits. I play it cuz of the role play and hunting. I just gone back playing it and had a wonderful role play moments. It is still the best realastic wolf game for me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:07:05 am by Karsy »
I am Loki of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose.

Offline theTARDISrocks

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2013, 04:48:37 pm »

Wolfquest announced awhile back that they would be getting rid of the lexicon chat selection in multiplayer. Well, i think that is what may have happened today, go to your muliplayer list and you will see there is only ONE server open. (im ASSUMING that they are taking everything down to terminate the lexicon, or of course there may be a mass problem (lol... i kinda hope so)) not like it was the best game or anything, but it WAS my first rpg, some good memories. sad to see the lexicon go away for future players :'(

Just figured out that wolf quest was just having a wide-spread connection problem ^^